Special Announcement - Limited Edition WHITE VINYL version of The Song Remains the Same

sam_webmaster

Why is this no longer listed as an "important topic" in the forum? Because the manufacturer is sending out defective product in exchange for our hard-earned money? Now it's no longer important? WTF? Everyone involved in this fiasco is now guilty as sin! Someone needs to step up and take full responsibility for this cluster f*ck. I demand answers! Whatever happened to accountability? Has it gone the way of forests?

Love,

Billy

I imagine the topic is now "routine" because the stock of 100 white vinyl copies has been depleted. If you have yet to inform the consumer point of contact for the offer

about your problem you ought to hold yourself accountable.

Did you really do that? Why? Credit cards are a great tool for managing cash flow.

I'm simply waging a personal rebellion against two of the most unscrupulous institutions in free society: banks and credit card companies. I remember when it was free for one to withdraw their own money from any ATM/cash machine and paying cash was not only accepted but preferred. Bunch of parasites!

Demand! :hysterical:

I don't see the problem. So you have a blemish on your record. I have a 52 Topps Mickey Mantle that has a bubble gum stain on the back of it. Should I sue?

lol Unreal.

If you paid good money for it, you should sue, Nimrod.

"Mr Zoso" - hilarious.

Love,

Billy

I imagine the topic is now "routine" because the stock of 100 white vinyl copies has been depleted. If you have yet to inform the consumer point of contact for the offer

about your problem you ought to hold yourself accountable.

I informed the retailer's agent - aka LedZeppelin.com - in no uncertain terms and was told *here* that the problem was brought to the attention of the "consumer point of contact," Mr. Retailing Expert. I've received ZERO in terms of an explanation or directions for returning the defective product. Where's the explanation? Where are the instructions? Where? Where? Where?

I guess it's no longer considered important. Something tells me Sam got a pristine copy sans black blemishe so doesn't give a damn. Typical.

Love,

Billy

I informed the retailer's agent - aka LedZeppelin.com - in no uncertain terms and was told *here* that the problem was brought to the attention of the "consumer point of contact," Mr. Retailing Expert. I've received ZERO in terms of an explanation or directions for returning the defective product. Where's the explanation? Where are the instructions? Where? Where? Where?

I guess it's no longer considered important. Something tells me Sam got a pristine copy sans black blemishe so doesn't give a damn. Typical.

Love,

Billy

I think you're looking a gift horse in the mouth. The only remedy your likely to receive is a pristine black copy. One of my records has a wisp of black. Doesn't bother me and is consistent with the look of Elephant by the White Stripes and Dots and Loops by Stereo Lab. Anyway, Mr MAq, what you have is exceedingly rare, and to lose site of that is in poor taste. This is supposed to be fun.

PS: I'm not really feeling the love, so I wish you'd quit extending it. -MD

I think you're looking a gift horse in the mouth. The only remedy your likely to receive is a pristine black copy. One of my records has a wisp of black. Doesn't bother me and is consistent with the look of Elephant by the White Stripes and Dots and Loops by Stereo Lab. Anyway, Mr MAq, what you have is exceedingly rare, and to lose site of that is in poor taste. This is supposed to be fun.

PS: I'm not really feeling the love, so I wish you'd quit extending it. -MD

Oh, great, this sort of incompetence and shoddy standards are commonplace. Thanks. That makes me feel better, Mr. Rokarolla. Thanks for the heads-up.

Btw, what does my taste have to do with anything?

LOVE,

Billy

Oh, great, this sort of incompetence and shoddy standards are commonplace. Thanks. That makes me feel better, Mr. Rokarolla. Thanks for the heads-up.

Btw, what does my taste have to do with anything?

LOVE,

Billy

I think you are misunderstanding me. Having worked in a second hand record store, and bought + sold + owned 100's of records, I nor many other record collectors would call this a blemish. Since you have not posted a pic, whose to say what you have..

I think you are misunderstanding me. Having worked in a second hand record store, and bought + sold + owned 100's of records, I nor many other record collectors would call this a blemish. Since you have not posted a pic, whose to say what you have..

All right, all right! I'll snap some digital photos this weekend, and post them here. Happy?

I'd do it sooner but I'm off to see The Black Keys tonight and Return to Forever tomorrow.

"Whose to say what I have" - Of all the nerve! BTW - I worked at Finyl Vinyl records in NYC for four years. I know a "blemish" or whatever you want to call it when I see one. It's a manufacturing defect. Plain as day.

Love,

Billy

All right, all right! I'll snap some digital photos this weekend, and post them here. Happy?

I'd do it sooner but I'm off to see The Black Keys tonight and Return to Forever tomorrow.

"Whose to say what I have" - Of all the nerve! BTW - I worked at Finyl Vinyl records in NYC for four years. I know a "blemish" or whatever you want to call it when I see one. It's a manufacturing defect. Plain as day.

Love,

Billy

Billy, I'll take your word for it, site unseen. It's too bad that something that was supposed to be a treat is turning out to be a bummer for you. Maybe playing it will make some happy. Then again you could always throw it to the dogs of doom on eBay.

I'm simply waging a personal rebellion against two of the most unscrupulous institutions in free society: banks and credit card companies. I remember when it was free for one to withdraw their own money from any ATM/cash machine and paying cash was not only accepted but preferred. Bunch of parasites!

Oh please, you can do better than that!!

White vinyl is white vinyl. Would you accept an imperfection on your Camaro's cherry red paint job?

We're talking about a collectors' set of record albums. 1 of only 100. If they're not devalued by the blemishes, what's the harm? I just wouldn't be so upset if I was lucky enough to get a set. That's just my personal feeling about it. I'm not saying you can't feel differently.

And I'll take my Camaro in black! :D

If you paid good money for it, you should sue, Nimrod.

"Mr Zoso" - hilarious.

Love,

Billy

Hiya Billy. I paid what every other kid paid, and got lucky. Damn gum stain killed the value in the long run, but I still got the prise. Anyway, let me explain this to you as if you were a four year old. What you received was a luck of the draw. You paid for a album set. You received the rare version. If not happy with it, send it back. I can understand why you are upset, but really all the bitching and moaning is not going to get you anywhere. Enjoy what you have. You got the grand prise but seem pissed because it is going to ruin it's resale value because of a blemish. Tough titty dude. How about all those who got just the "crap" black vinyl? Should they sue because you got the special one and they didn't? Naw.

I have a mint copy of the purple vinyl (that is pink/lavender-ish if you ask me)

If you would like to trade, let me know. For those comparing this to a $60,000.00 car I suggest you visit the doctor.

BTW, happy to amuse you.

Hiya Billy. I paid what every other kid paid, and got lucky. Damn gum stain killed the value in the long run, but I still got the prise. Anyway, let me explain this to you as if you were a four year old. What you received was a luck of the draw. You paid for a album set. You received the rare version. If not happy with it, send it back. I can understand why you are upset, but really all the bitching and moaning is not going to get you anywhere. Enjoy what you have. You got the grand prise but seem pissed because it is going to ruin it's resale value because of a blemish. Tough titty dude. How about all those who got just the "crap" black vinyl? Should they sue because you got the special one and they didn't? Naw.

I have a mint copy of the purple vinyl (that is pink/lavender-ish if you ask me)

If you would like to trade, let me know. For those comparing this to a $60,000.00 car I suggest you visit the doctor.

BTW, happy to amuse you.

I was on the verge of getting angry and telling you to stuff your condescending tone, but then you used "tough titty" and now I think we'll be bosom buddies for life. BTW, it's prize, not prise. Get it right. I don't really care about the re-sale value. Who wants to deal with those freaks on eBay?

For the record, Sam the Webman contacted me last night and he's on the case. I take back every harsh thing I've ever written about him, thought about him. We're now BFF. It's all very warm and fuzzy. That's the element behind it all. The barriers are down.

The irony behind all this is when TSRTS soundtrack was originally released back in 1976, the first three copies of the album that I bought at Korvettes (does anybody remember....Korvettes?) were warped. Bad shipment. I cried back then, too. Happy?

Love,

Billy

I guess after the first 2 you should have learned.

Vinyl warps. Get over it.

You should just consider yourself lucky that you even got one. I'd consider myself more lucky that I got one like that because it's worth even more now. You are starting to remind me of spats. (Nothing against you spats.) All you do is complain and you won't do anything to help yourself.

I was on the verge of getting angry and telling you to stuff your condescending tone, but then you used "tough titty" and now I think we'll be bosom buddies for life. BTW, it's prize, not prise. Get it right. I don't really care about the re-sale value. Who wants to deal with those freaks on eBay?

For the record, Sam the Webman contacted me last night and he's on the case. I take back every harsh thing I've ever written about him, thought about him. We're now BFF. It's all very warm and fuzzy. That's the element behind it all. The barriers are down.

The irony behind all this is when TSRTS soundtrack was originally released back in 1976, the first three copies of the album that I bought at Korvettes (does anybody remember....Korvettes?) were warped. Bad shipment. I cried back then, too. Happy?

Love,

Billy

I used to rock the Korvettes in the Bronx, which was next to the Jack In The Box. So yea. I remember.

Happy you are being taken care of. Good luck. Also, prise is an acceptable variant to prize. So again, Tough Titty. :D

I guess after the first 2 you should have learned.

Vinyl warps. Get over it.

You should just consider yourself lucky that you even got one. I'd consider myself more lucky that I got one like that because it's worth even more now. You are starting to remind me of spats. (Nothing against you spats.) All you do is complain and you won't do anything to help yourself.

Ah, no, vinyl does not warp, expert, unless it's been packaged incorrectly or subjected to the elements by a nitwit who doesn't know how to care for it correctly.

I have been in touch with Sam the Webmaster to "help myself." Happy?

I'll consider myself lucky when I win the lottery or Monica Bellucci realizes that she's been wasting her time with other men. If and when those things happen, I'll be the judge of whether I'm lucky or not, thank you very much.

Love,

Billy

You won 1 out of 100 white pressings avlible to the public. Yours happens to have a blemish. I'd be happy that I just got one. And yes vinyl can warp without anything happening to it. I have some if you don't believe me.

I used to rock the Korvettes in the Bronx, which was next to the Jack In The Box. So yea. I remember.

I remember Korvettes too.

Anyone remember Gertz? I was nearly trampled at a Gertz on Long Island to get Zep tickets in '75 (there was a Ticketron outlet inside Gertz). When they opened the store to let us in, the crowd stampeded, ripping one of those heavy doors off its hinges. I finally regained my footing only to find I didn't even need it — I was wedged so tightly into the crowd that my feet didn't touch the ground until we reached the escalator, halfway across the first floor :lol:

Enjoy your vinyl, folks — white, black, blushed, blemished, zebra-striped, or otherwise.

Archived