Special Announcement - Limited Edition WHITE VINYL version of The Song Remains the Same

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control, there has been a manufacturing delay with the WHITE vinyl edition of the "The Song Remains The Same" package, which means that we won't be able to ship it on the planned release date.

As we are unable to ship the Black and the White vinyl at the same time, this means that the random distribution of the limited edition white vinyl would not be fair, as not everyone who has pre-ordered would stand an equal chance of getting a copy.

The only way to keep the random distribution fair is to wait until the white vinyl is in our warehouse, and we anticipate that this delay will be one week at the most.

If you would still like your BLACK vinyl to be shipped on the release date, please e-mail: Marianne.Ward@bravado.com and we will send it. However, if you still want to wait and see if you are the lucky recipient of a white vinyl version, then please do nothing and we will ship as soon as we can.

We'd like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

LedZeppelin.com

Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control, there has been a manufacturing delay with the WHITE vinyl edition of the "The Song Remains The Same" package, which means that we won't be able to ship it on the planned release date.

As we are unable to ship the Black and the White vinyl at the same time, this means that the random distribution of the limited edition white vinyl would not be fair, as not everyone who has pre-ordered would stand an equal chance of getting a copy.

The only way to keep the random distribution fair is to wait until the white vinyl is in our warehouse, and we anticipate that this delay will be one week at the most.

If you would still like your BLACK vinyl to be shipped on the release date, please e-mail: Marianne.Ward@bravado.com and we will send it. However, if you still want to wait and see if you are the lucky recipient of a white vinyl version, then please do nothing and we will ship as soon as we can.

We'd like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

LedZeppelin.com

I'll wait Sam just to see if I get lucky with the white one. :D Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I have in my possession one fresh off the press WHITE FUCKIN' VINYL copy of The Song Remains the Same!!!!

Hand scribed and numbered by Stan Ricker!

It is so fuckin' gorgeous you can't believe it. I have a little black "blush" on 2 of them, which I'm assuming comes from the process of cutting black, then WHITE FUCKIN' VINYL!!!!

I'm outside my mind, just received it an hour ago.....

Has anyone else got one..............????

Oh yeah, babe!

S.

I have in my possession one fresh off the press WHITE FUCKIN' VINYL copy of The Song Remains the Same!!!!

It is so fuckin' gorgeous you can't believe it. I have a little black "blush" on 2 of them, which I'm assuming comes from the process of cutting black, then WHITE FUCKIN' VINYL!!!!

Oh yeah, babe!

S.

Aw :o You lucky dog! got an email mine is on the way, hope I can make the same post.

Congratulations :thumbsup:

I won't find out because mine is coming when Mothership comes out, which I will be thrilled with no matter what. I've been waiting since November. And while I'm sure I'll be a bit dissppointed if I don't get a white one, my father still owns a red vynil sound track album of Marnie.

Oh yeah, babe!

S.

Cool. OUt of curiosity does it say its white vinyl on the packaging or did you have to open it to find out?

Eddie

Had to open it to find out. I was just stoked to get it open and fire it up. The possibility of it being one of the white versions was so far out of mind that I was actually slightly confused for a second. Then I felt my heart start pumping. It was pretty exciting. Major bummer that I can't play it, though.

Oh yeah, babe!

S.

I received my TSRTS package this week and also got the white vinyl, but...

Two out of four platters also have the *black blush* you refer to above - on both sides of each album. Funny, I had the exact opposite reaction as Steverino. I'm really pissed off, and feel like I got a defective product instead of a pristine *white vinyl* issue, and I'm ready to return mine and demand a refund.

Before I go to all that trouble, can someone at LedZeppelin.com step forward and explain this "black blush" defect on the vinyl?

Love,

Billy

Cool. OUt of curiosity does it say its white vinyl on the packaging or did you have to open it to find out?

Eddie

Same deal as Steverino. I had to open mine to find out that it was white vinyl. White vinyl with "black blush" on four out of eight sides. I'm off to bed. In a huff.

Love,

Billy

Same deal as Steverino. I had to open mine to find out that it was white vinyl. White vinyl with "black blush" on four out of eight sides. I'm off to bed. In a huff.

Love,

Billy

*No one* else has chimed in here? Very strange.

Love,

Billy

*No one* else has chimed in here? Very strange.

Love,

Billy

None of the colored vinyl releases I've obtained over the years contain "blushes" such as those described here. It sounds to me like an imperfection which should have been

identified by the inspectors. I'd be very interested to know which pressing plant was commissioned for this release. Here's a link to colored vinyl album production process:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13772_3-9977878-52.html?tag=blog.1

it reminds me the story of the diamond ring for the IVth album

the winner listened for years to STH only and didn't know about the diamond!!!

anyway, there'll be people not interested on the white edition ... and they'll receive it as well :boohoo:

no, I'm not on it, even if it's interesting an Official Colored Album since the purple IVth (there are sooo many counterfeit colored records in these days :wtf: !!!!)

What is the story of the diamond ring? haven't heard that one.

None of the colored vinyl releases I've obtained over the years contain "blushes" such as those described here. It sounds to me like an imperfection which should have been

identified by the inspectors. I'd be very interested to know which pressing plant was commissioned for this release. Here's a link to colored vinyl album production process:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13772_3-9977878-52.html?tag=blog.1

Ha! I used United to make my first band's first record... a (surprise) red 7".. we thought we were so unique. black test pressing sounded better.

Ha! I used United to make my first band's first record... a (surprise) red 7".. we thought we were so unique. black test pressing sounded better.

Why is no one from LedZeppelin.com or the manufacturer for that matter stepping up with an explanation for this "black blush" imperfection on the white vinyl?

The article SAJ posted here says that the quality control people at United inspect every album side. How could someone *not* see these black blushes? They are not subtle, they are glaringly apparent.

Clearly this is a manufacturing defect and the people responsible should be stepping up to provide an explanation of how and why it happened, and the return/refund process. This is standard practice when the manufacturer - for lack of a more appropriate phrase - f*cks up.

Come on, people! Let's go. What's the deal? Days have gone by and we've heard nothing.

Love,

Billy

Why is no one from LedZeppelin.com or the manufacturer for that matter stepping up with an explanation for this "black blush" imperfection on the white vinyl?

The article SAJ posted here says that the quality control people at United inspect every album side. How could someone *not* see these black blushes? They are not subtle, they are glaringly apparent.

Clearly this is a manufacturing defect and the people responsible should be stepping up to provide an explanation of how and why it happened, and the return/refund process. This is standard practice when the manufacturer - for lack of a more appropriate phrase - f*cks up.

Come on, people! Let's go. What's the deal? Days have gone by and we've heard nothing.

Love,

Billy

Does it Play? is there a sound quality issue? Maybe it's possible that it was done intentionally so as to separate the the Real Mc coy from any illeagle copies?

Time will tell but I would hang onto it because maybe you have what amounts to one of a doz imperfects. Might make it even more collectible? :unsure:

i'm with billy. they said white, make it white! so send him the white and let him keep the blemish for his trouble......

edit to add: if they do that, billy, i'll give ya $100 for the blemishes..... ;)

I won't find out because mine is coming when Mothership comes out, which I will be thrilled with no matter what. I've been waiting since November. And while I'm sure I'll be a bit dissppointed if I don't get a white one, my father still owns a red vynil sound track album of Marnie.

:lol:

I suggest contacting Marianne.Ward@bravado.com

I appreciate the suggestion, but this Marianne Ward person ought to be reaching out to me - and everyone else who was sent a defective product - not the other way around. I sent my money in good faith and now I've been treated like dirt. The very least that should be done is all of us being given an explanation of why this happened and what the remedy will be.

LedZeppelin.com was the vehicle by which we were informed of this offer. Now it should be the messenger for what's being done about the problem. Meanwhile, the Webmaster sits on his hands and does nothing. Surprise surprise.

Love,

Billy

I appreciate the suggestion, but this Marianne Ward person ought to be reaching out to me - and everyone else who was sent a defective product - not the other way around. I sent my money in good faith and now I've been treated like dirt. The very least that should be done is all of us being given an explanation of why this happened and what the remedy will be.

LedZeppelin.com was the vehicle by which we were informed of this offer. Now it should be the messenger for what's being done about the problem. Meanwhile, the Webmaster sits on his hands and does nothing. Surprise surprise.

Love,

Billy

It's unreasonable to expect Marianne to resolve a problem she is probably unaware of. Bravado works with many different artists and product lines. I doubt very much she is

surfing the forums for all their clients. I'm sure if you contact her (consider attaching

a digital photo of the imperfections) it will be resolved to your complete satisfaction.

I'm not going to get into what the webmaster is or is not obliged to do. Suffice to say

Marianne Ward has previously been identified as a direct point of contact for this offer.

It's unreasonable to expect Marianne to resolve a problem she is probably unaware of. Bravado works with many different artists and product lines. I doubt very much she is

surfing the forums for all their clients. I'm sure if you contact her (consider attaching

a digital photo of the imperfections) it will be resolved to your complete satisfaction.

I'm not going to get into what the webmaster is or is not obliged to do. Suffice to say

Marianne Ward has previously been identified as a direct point of contact for this offer.

Unreasonable my ass. Wake up and join the 21st century, Steve. What kind of e-retailer doesn't monitor chatter and traffic in the online forums where a recent product offering was announced with great fanfare? The friggin' home page of this site is dedicated to it.

If she's unaware of this problem, she ought to wake up and spell the coffee too.

Incompetence abounds.

Archived