Special Announcement - Limited Edition WHITE VINYL version of The Song Remains the Same

sam_webmaster

I too was lucky enough to get the white vinyl. I e-mail and asked about the blemishes on disc one and two (exact same as others described) I also inquired about getting a new box since mine arrived with two of the corners damaged.

Here was the response:

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience, the whites were manufactured by a different company at a different plant than the black. I can’t speak for their machinery, and there are 0 white vinyl remaining now. We can misship black so you get another box (which are identical) but we ship them double boxed with specially ordered materials, so we can’t really guarantee any better results.

Sincerely,

Sherry

Customer Service

www.musictoday.com

Toll Free (US): 877-MUSIC-77 (877-687-4277)

International: 001-434-244-7300

The whites were manufactured by a different company at a different plant than the black.

Irrelevent! It's like buying a new car and being told nothing can be done about a

defective windshield because the engine was manufactured at a different plant.

Peter Grant where are you...

I got the box set from a music store, and it's sitting in my room still in shrink wrap. I haven't decided if I should open it or not. What do you think?

The only way to find out if you've got the defective white vinyl with "blemishes" is to open it up.

Love,

Billy

The only way to find out if you've got the defective white vinyl with "blemishes" is to open it up.

Love,

Billy

They sent out white vinyl to music stores? I thought you had to order it from here. Or did my music store have to get from here somehow?

They sent out white vinyl to music stores? I thought you had to order it from here. Or did my music store have to get from here somehow?

As I understand it, the white vinyl release was a promotion available only thru LZ.com

and not available in any store.

That's how I understood it too. Mine is still in the shrink wrap, I haven't decided. Of course, if I don't open it when I find it in my attic in 40 years and open it, I'll have white vinyl in it.

That's how I understood it too. Mine is still in the shrink wrap, I haven't decided. Of course, if I don't open it when I find it in my attic in 40 years and open it, I'll have white vinyl in it.

No not really. You will have white vinyl with black blemishes.

stick your $75...with a red hot poker, "Beatbo." What a slimeball.

Love,

Billy

alright.....only $50 now! take it or leave it....

by the way, i was only joking. i forgot you are the only one allowed....

As I understand it, the white vinyl release was a promotion available only thru LZ.com

and not available in any store.

Wrong! 200 were manufactured. 100 went to fans who pre-ordered. The other 100 are being used for who knows what purpose. They are available through "other means".

Wrong! 200 were manufactured. 100 went to fans who pre-ordered. The other 100 are being used for who knows what purpose. They are available through "other means".

My post is not wrong until someone substantiates any of the remaining 100 were made available in stores.

another marketing man's dream

Why is this no longer listed as an "important topic" in the forum? Because the manufacturer is sending out defective product in exchange for our hard-earned money? Now it's no longer important? WTF? Everyone involved in this fiasco is now guilty as sin! Someone needs to step up and take full responsibility for this cluster f*ck. I demand answers! Whatever happened to accountability? Has it gone the way of forests?

Love,

Billy

Don't you guys understand?

Manufacturer blemishes = collectors' item = more $!

:D

Not if they are ALL like that...has anyone received an unblemished one? I've heard lots of negatives about the white vinyls....

MAYBE....an unblemished one will be the collectors item B)

Archived