BEST ZEP BOOTS

zoso

I reckon the new Schoeps MK41s source for the O2 gig is going to be way up there with Eddie, Flying Circus, Kneb 4th, Earls Court 24th etc. Its one of the best sounding audience recordings I have ever heard, right in yer face.

There is an MP3 of NQ available but dont know if its ok to post link...........mods?

Not OK to post links NM. Smart to ask first before just posting like others :)

Just heard a snippet of the Wendy source (GTBT) and that's unreal. It's clear to say this show might be one of the most recorded in Zep's history -- new sources are popping up every week.

Not OK to post links NM. Smart to ask first before just posting like others :)

Some of the 1975 Boots sound like official releases! Especially "Flying circus" , St. Louis 02-16 and Vancouver 03-19 have an incredible sound-quality. Because of the sound i would say that these are the best boots. But the concerts aren't the best.

Other boots i like are New Orelans 1973, Vienna 1973 (great show, sound is not as good as the concert itself but ok), Orlando 1971 , 1969-04-27 Fillmore. The most sounboard-boots sound good.

By the way: "1973-07-26_-_Memorial_Auditorium__Buffalo__3rd_Generation" is an great concert. But everything is one tone higher than usual! But it sin't speed up. What is this???

the slowburn....and the Maia. sources will make a nice beer coaster. ;)

Another 'burn baby burn' dont care though, steal the CDs from work.........aagh the money I've wasted over the years burning discs from multiple sources. The Floyd DSOTM from BBC 74 springs to mind, keep telling myself I wont download another improved version or matrix etc. Just cant help myself, I have a problem.

I have:

1 The Slowburn Source

2. The Maia Source

3. The Slowburn/Maia Matrix

4. The Jules McTrainspotter Source

5. The Per Shoeps Source

6. The JCE Source

7. The Clay Source

8. 2 Songs from the Wendy soon to be released disc.

Wendy sounds the best, but since it is incomplete my vote for now goes to Per Shoeps.

Jules, JCE, and Clay are all very good and a bit clearer, but IMO a little high on the treble side.

They did Bron Yr Aur before it was on Physical Graffiti.

Well, they also did Blueberry Hill (a cover), and For What It's Worth and, if I'm correct, I Saw Her Standing There as part of the Communication Breakdown medley.

Well, they also did Blueberry Hill (a cover), and For What It's Worth and, if I'm correct, I Saw Her Standing There as part of the Communication Breakdown medley.

Bron Yr Aur was one of the outtakes revived for PG. It was recorded in 1970 at Island Studios.

Other songs on PG that were previously recorded/outtakes from other sessions were Down By The Seaside ('71), Night Flight ('71), Boogie With Stu ('71), The Rover ('72), HOTH ('72) and Black Country Woman ('72).

I actually prefer the St. Louis and Vancouver shows from '75. Quality is very similar, Plant's voice was much better, and the performances were just as tight, if not better. But I certainly dig Flying Circus.

I was at this show in St. Louis. The second time I saw them. Great, great show! Glad to see someone preserved this. The band was on fire this night!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm partial to the March 19, '75 show at Vancouver BC.

1. Rock and Roll (Terrible)

2. Sick Again (Excellent)

3. Over the Hills and Far Away (Excellent)

4. In My Time of Dying (Good)

5. The Song Remains the Same (Good)

6. The Rain Song (Excellent)

7. Kashmir (Good)

8. No Quarter (Excellent)

9. Trampled Under Foot (**Best Ever**)

10. Moby Dick (Good)

11. Dazed and Confused (Excellent)

12. Stairway to Heaven (Excellent)

**Encores**

13. Whole Lotta Love/The Crunge (Excellent)

14. Black Dog (Excellent)

I'm partial to the March 19, '75 show at Vancouver BC.

1. Rock and Roll (Terrible)

2. Sick Again (Excellent)

3. Over the Hills and Far Away (Excellent)

4. In My Time of Dying (Good)

5. The Song Remains the Same (Good)

6. The Rain Song (Excellent)

7. Kashmir (Good)

8. No Quarter (Excellent)

9. Trampled Under Foot (**Best Ever**)

10. Moby Dick (Good)

11. Dazed and Confused (Excellent)

12. Stairway to Heaven (Excellent)

**Encores**

13. Whole Lotta Love/The Crunge (Excellent)

14. Black Dog (Excellent)

I think No Quarter from this show is my all-time favorite. Whenever they talk about that fifth element to Zeppelin, the magic, this version of this song is encapsulation of that.

Rock & roll on h.t.w.w.w. is pretty bad if you ask me. I think Jimmy could have found a better show !!! People were waiting forever for them to release something and I think t.s.r.t.s blows that disc away. I'd like a 75-77 show on cd.

Rock & roll on h.t.w.w.w. is pretty bad if you ask me. I think Jimmy could have found a better show !!! People were waiting forever for them to release something and I think t.s.r.t.s blows that disc away. I'd like a 75-77 show on cd.

Actually, 6-25 and 6-27-72 (HTWWW tracks are taken from these two) are pretty highly regarded by Zep fans. They were much more consistant compared to 75 or 77. Good luck finding a 75 Rock & Roll that sounds better than 72.

I just picked up a bootleg of the August 18th, 1969 show at the Rockpile in Toronto. The sound isn't the best, but what a performance! I love early shows and I don't think I've ever heard the band in as loose a mood as this, jokes abound from Plant. During HMMT, Jimmy Page is introduced "on lead guitar and as many chicks as he can find".

:hysterical:

Rock & roll on h.t.w.w.w. is pretty bad if you ask me. I think Jimmy could have found a better show !!!

Couldn't agree more! This RnR reminds me of the lame versions on most of the 1980 shows! Also, have "studio daze" and the "dancin' days" is purported to have come from the other show that was listed on HTWWW ie, if the version on disc was from 6-27, then boot version was from 6-25. The point being that the version on 'studio daze' is much more "in your face" and a much greater version, IMHO...

I just heard, "Matrixing Maryland" for the first time and I was impressed with the quality. I love the mix of soundboard and audience. Whoever mixed this did a great job. I liked most of the performances with the exception of ALS.

Archived