BEST ZEP BOOTS

zoso

Been listening to the Reunion Concert and that is actually quite good (OK not it's not vintage Zep, but I was pleasantly surprised).

Trying to get hold of a copy of Badgeholders as up until now I thought Listen to This Eddie was was the best of the 77 tour, have heard a couple of others which weren't as good, but not Badgeholder.

Andy

I have heard over 200 shows and up until recently Listen to this Eddie was more all time favourite.

However i've just heard Conspiracy Theory - San Diego 14.3.75. The sound quality on this CD is awesome and the best I have ever heard.

This Cd is a must, absolutely amazing!!

I have heard over 200 shows and up until recently Listen to this Eddie was more all time favourite.

However i've just heard Conspiracy Theory - San Diego 14.3.75. The sound quality on this CD is awesome and the best I have ever heard.

This Cd is a must, absolutely amazing!!

Well yeah, Conspiracy Theory is a soundboard, and Eddie is an audience recording. That said, Eddie is pretty close quality-wise, which tells you how great of an audience recording it is!

There was a show in San Diego on 3/10, and there's an audience boot of that. The 3/14 soundboard tape from San Diego is a relatively recent find.

I heard about it in 2004, then pounced on the sucker. :lol:

GREAT show, GREAT recording. :D

The 3/10 show is amazing!.....one of the best shows from the 75 US tour. to bad we couldn't have had that show with the great SB recording :(

I was gonna get that show but was told not to because it was a bad recording but if its that good of a performance I might have to check it out.

These are some of my favorites. To be clear, im not suggesting that FF '80 is better than Berkeley '71 or Bath or any show from '73, etc. These are just some that I enjoy. It a matter of personal preference.

January 5th 1969 Live at the Whisky, LA

April 27th, 1969 Fillmore West, San Francisco, (Devils Blues)

August 31th, 1969 Texas International Pop Festival, Motor Speedway, Dallas, Texas

September 19th 1970, Madison Square Garden-Evening show (one more for the road). Listen to RP sing, during D&C, for the audience to sit down. Rare performance of Out on the tiles.

January 22 1973, Old Refectory, Southampton University, Southampton, England (Great Lost Live Album)

February 12th, 1975, MSG - Flying Circus (if Plant's voice wasnt a bit rough at times, it might be best show ever)

March 19th 1975,

Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Snow Jobs)

May 25, 1975 Earls Court. Great set list; great show. Check out Communications Breakdown when they go into Dyer Maker.

June 21, 1977 LA Forum.. Listen to this Eddie - amazing audience recording; great performance of Heartbreaker after Over the Top (they usually went right into the guitar solo, followed by Achilles Last Stand on that tour --seemed to an impromptu response to a screaming fan yelling for Heartbreaker)

June 23, 1977, LA Forum - For Badgeholders Only

August 4, 1979, Knebworth - Welcome to the 1979 Knebworth Festival

June 30, 1980 - Frankfurt - rare performance of Money, with Phil Carson on bass. Killer version of Whole lotta love (includes Frankfurt Special). Zurich from the night before is decent as well - features nice version of Heartbreaker.

Forgot one of my favorites--

Osaka, Japan -- 9/29/1971 -- "Stage" recording. Remarkable version of Whole Lotta Love.

These are some of my favorites. To be clear, im not suggesting that FF '80 is better than Berkeley '71 or Bath or any show from '73, etc. These are just some that I enjoy. It a matter of personal preference.

January 5th 1969 Live at the Whisky, LA

April 27th, 1969 Fillmore West, San Francisco, (Devils Blues)

August 31th, 1969 Texas International Pop Festival, Motor Speedway, Dallas, Texas

September 19th 1970, Madison Square Garden-Evening show (one more for the road). Listen to RP sing, during D&C, for the audience to sit down. Rare performance of Out on the tiles.

January 22 1973, Old Refectory, Southampton University, Southampton, England (Great Lost Live Album)

February 12th, 1975, MSG - Flying Circus (if Plant's voice wasnt a bit rough at times, it might be best show ever)

March 19th 1975,

Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Snow Jobs)

May 25, 1975 Earls Court. Great set list; great show. Check out Communications Breakdown when they go into Dyer Maker.

June 21, 1977 LA Forum.. Listen to this Eddie - amazing audience recording; great performance of Heartbreaker after Over the Top (they usually went right into the guitar solo, followed by Achilles Last Stand on that tour --seemed to an impromptu response to a screaming fan yelling for Heartbreaker)

June 23, 1977, LA Forum - For Badgeholders Only

August 4, 1979, Knebworth - Welcome to the 1979 Knebworth Festival

June 30, 1980 - Frankfurt - rare performance of Money, with Phil Carson on bass. Killer version of Whole lotta love (includes Frankfurt Special). Zurich from the night before is decent as well - features nice version of Heartbreaker.

Thanks. Im going to have to check out Rotterdam; I hadnt realized it was such a good show. I have Zurich, Frankfurt and Berlin (love the WLL from Berlin!).

Seriously, here is my list:

1. 6/30/80 Rotterdam - Prob the best 1980 show.

2. 8/4/79 Knebworth - Outside of Black Dog solo, this is a great show, IMO.

3. 5/25/75 Earl's Court - When We Were Kings.

4. 2/12/75 New York - Four Blocks in the Snow - Great Plantation after Sick Again.

5. 1/22/73 Southampton - Not best performance, but you can't beat the sound quality.

6. 3/21/73 Hamburg - Band is on fire. Audience portion is rough, but soundboard fragments more than make up for it. Best Dazed and Confused ever.

7. 4/24/69 San Francisco - 1/11, 4/27, and 8/31 are better recordings, but I really like the performance in this one.

8. 6/21/77 Inglewood. Nothing needs to be said here.

9. 10/10/69 Paris - New boot. New is good, except for that damn DJ.

10. 12/10/07 London - They are back in a big way.

Honorable mentions:

1968 - 12/30 Spokane - so far the earliest known recording.

1969 - See #7 above.

1970 - 1/9 RAH and 3/7 Montreux and 9/4 Los Angeles

1971 - 4/1 London, 8/31 Orlando, 9/4 Toronto, 9/29 Osaka

1972 - 6/25 Los Angeles, 6/27 Long Beach, 10/2 Tokyo

1973 - Pretty much all of European Tour with 3/16 Vienna and 3/17 Munich as tops. Also 7/27 New York.

1975 - 2/16 St. Louis, 3/19 Vancouver (got a friend named Georgina and love to play IMTOD for her :D ) and 3/4, 3/5 Dallas.

1977 - 4/27 Cleveland (Best Sick Again, IMO), 5/21 Houston, 6/23 Inglewood (where I got my username from), and 6/27 Inglewood.

1979 - 7/24 Copenhagen

1980 - 7/2 Manheim, and 7/7 Berlin (last gig + funky WLL)

A lot of these are repeats from previous posts, so I guess a lot of us think alike.

• 3 weeks later...

I just recently obtained “Fly Over Nuremberg” 1 CD (soundboard), which contains the first and only three songs played on June 6, 1980 in Nuremberg, Germany; Train Kept a Rollin’ (missing the beginning), Nobody’s Fault But Mine & Out On the Tiles/Black Dog.

But, the last three and a half songs on this CD are from the July 13, 1973, Cobo Hall, Detroit, Michigan show.

Awesome, clear quality versions of; Moby Dick, Heartbreaker, Whole Lotta Love & the beginning half of Dancing Days.

This has to be some of the best, from the 1973 tour.

I know most don’t like Moby Dick, but this has quickly become my favorite version.

I just recently obtained "Fly Over Nuremberg" 1 CD (soundboard), which contains the first and only three songs played on June 6, 1980 in Nuremberg, Germany; Train Kept a Rollin' (missing the beginning), Nobody's Fault But Mine & Out On the Tiles/Black Dog.

But, the last three and a half songs on this CD are from the July 13, 1973, Cobo Hall, Detroit, Michigan show.

Awesome, clear quality versions of; Moby Dick, Heartbreaker, Whole Lotta Love & the beginning half of Dancing Days.

I know most don't like Moby Dick, but this has quickly become my favorite version.

The 1973.07.13 Detroit WLL has the most wicked theremin section. There are several others I enjoy, but that one is my fav.

Earl's Court 5/25/75

the last show of the five they played at Earl's Court and its one of the longest Led Zeppelin shows and one of the only ones when they do a second encore.

Encore 1

Whole Lotta Love

Black Dog

Encore 2

Heartbreaker

Communication Breakdown.

Anybody who has the show knows this and after "Black Dog," they leave the stage then comeback and Plant says "This is something we never do! This is something we never do! Any requests?" then they play "Hearbreaker."

During "Tangerine," Plant talks about it being a song of love, especially first love. And he asked Bonzo, "Can you remember your first love Bonzo?"

Bonzo says "No."

Plant says "It was a pint of mild. This is called Tangerine." that made me laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know most don’t like Moby Dick, but this has quickly become my favorite version.

Soundwise, those few songs are unsurpassed. Performance leaves a little to be desired. It seems that these three songs popped up a lot in great quality partial '73 tapes. The few-song snippets of Denver and Houston, IMO, blow the Detroit show away in terms of performance. As I've said, the final six or seven gigs at the end of that first leg of the '73 tour were unsurpassed. The second leg, while it had its moments, didn't quite measure up the same.

The one I just acquired from the O2 show-in stereo- which sounds like it came straight from the main soundboard. It's so clear I can hear what Robert's mumbling.

To my knowledge, there is no soundboard recording yet available.

The one I just acquired from the O2 show-in stereo- which sounds like it came straight from the main soundboard. It's so clear I can hear what Robert's mumbling.

What's the source, or the label? I second Solar's comment that there is no known SBD recording leaked from this show.

Here's a few I have, I wonder if one of these is what you are referring to:

Hey Ahmet, We Did It! - Slowburn Source

Hey Ahmet, We Did It! - Maia Source

Hey Ahmet, We Did It! - Slowburn_Maia Matrix

Listen to this, Ahmet - Trainspotter Source

Tribute to Ahmet Ertegun - Per Schoeps Source

We Did It - JCE Source

O2 Arena - Clay Source

Ahmet Ertegun Tribute - Falo Matrix of Schoeps/Maia

O2 Arena - Clay Remaster

"Legendary Reunion 2007" Wendy Label

Third Eye Audio Source

Ahmet Ertegun Tribute - Per Shoeps Remaster

Storm London - Beezlebub Label

I am sure there are more, but those are the ones I have.

I had a chance to pick up Landover 28 May '77 but didn't have enough jack at the tjime. I listened to a little bit of all three sides and the sound quality seemed good. Does anyone have any thoughts on this show? I went to a new location of a store where I used to get my, um, imports. The branch I used to go to closed down about 5-7 years ago. They used to have around 20 different shows at any given time (and they were very expensive). I went to this "new" branch and they had a mere 2 shows! AND one of them was the 02 show. The other was 28 May '77. I asked the owner what was up with that. He said the internet has "robbed" them of the majority of their "import" biz. Funny, the robbers getting robbed. Whoda' thunk.

Edited to add: The disc prices were/are 50% cheaper than they were 5-10 years ago when I was getting them...

^^^^^

...I'd be inclined to say the 28th was the worst night of the Landover shows (I'm guessing you got hold of the newly released soundboard and not the fairly crappy sounding audience recording). The band, in general, sounds sluggish and tired. In that regard, it's pretty typical of 1977: particularly Page can go from sloppy to greatness from song to song. Apparently, he was well out of it at this show. Bonham was having an off night as well.

If you can, try and get hold of the fourth night- 30 May. Not only is it the best Landover show (alas, no soundboard has appeared...yet) but one of the best shows from the tour overall!

Archived