BEST ZEP BOOTS

zoso

^^^^^

...I'd be inclined to say the 28th was the worst night of the Landover shows (I'm guessing you got hold of the newly released soundboard and not the fairly crappy sounding audience recording). The band, in general, sounds sluggish and tired. In that regard, it's pretty typical of 1977: particularly Page can go from sloppy to greatness from song to song. Apparently, he was well out of it at this show. Bonham was having an off night as well.

If you can, try and get hold of the fourth night- 30 May. Not only is it the best Landover show (alas, no soundboard has appeared...yet) but one of the best shows from the tour overall!

thanks for the heads-up, jesusmurhpy!

Maryland shows weren't good Zeppelin shows, but they were better than much of the 77 tour. I haven't listened to all of them in a while. But the last 2 seemed to be the best.

I think if you want to listen to 77 the LA shows, Cleveland 4-27, and Houston 5-21 are about it.

Maryland shows weren't good Zeppelin shows, but they were better than much of the 77 tour. I haven't listened to all of them in a while. But the last 2 seemed to be the best.

I think if you want to listen to 77 the LA shows, Cleveland 4-27, and Houston 5-21 are about it.

The New York shows were pretty good, too...too bad they weren't recorded a bit better (but what the hell, Millard couldn't be everywhere!). The June 10th and 11th shows are personal favourites of mine...I'd put the 11th up against any of the LA shows.

The New York shows are all pretty good but their quality isn't good. 13th is good too but the band was hammered. Plant didn't even get some of the words right. Page was typically off like he was most of the tour.

^^^^^

...I'd be inclined to say the 28th was the worst night of the Landover shows (I'm guessing you got hold of the newly released soundboard and not the fairly crappy sounding audience recording). The band, in general, sounds sluggish and tired. In that regard, it's pretty typical of 1977: particularly Page can go from sloppy to greatness from song to song. Apparently, he was well out of it at this show. Bonham was having an off night as well.

If you can, try and get hold of the fourth night- 30 May. Not only is it the best Landover show (alas, no soundboard has appeared...yet) but one of the best shows from the tour overall!

I agree a very underated show indeed!...

I'm partial to the March 19, '75 show at Vancouver BC.

1. Rock and Roll (Terrible)

2. Sick Again (Excellent)

3. Over the Hills and Far Away (Excellent)

4. In My Time of Dying (Good)

5. The Song Remains the Same (Good)

6. The Rain Song (Excellent)

7. Kashmir (Good)

8. No Quarter (Excellent)

9. Trampled Under Foot (**Best Ever**)

10. Moby Dick (Good)

11. Dazed and Confused (Excellent)

12. Stairway to Heaven (Excellent)

**Encores**

13. Whole Lotta Love/The Crunge (Excellent)

14. Black Dog (Excellent)

excellent observation :D although I would give R&R an Excellent! considering Plant usually sounds like hoars shit durring that track... his voice is better then most nights in 75 and probable the best I heard him sing R&R for that whole tour....just an awsome show though....actually I think Plant sounds better durring R&R then alot of the 73 shows even.

does the Seattle show two nights later which is incredible kinda give you that 77 feel? I bet the band could have sounded that good as a whole on most 77 nights... considering.

Has anyone heard The devils blues from 4/27/69?....that recording is the best source I have ever heard from that show. the ballance is perfect....and I have been collecting this show for 20+ years.....amazing!

and try getting as many Winston Remasters as you can download. that guy does great work! I wish he would do one for 4/26/69 and the MSG evening show. now would be nice.

Every where i look it say the Conspiacy theory show in san diego was 3/10/75 not 3/14/75. can sombody please confirm.

They did play SD on the 10th. and it's such a pitty that we didn't get a SB fom that night instead! and if we did it would a wonderful treat. Plant sounded just like the good old days in that show. and the rest of the boys were on fire as well.

• 4 months later...

8/31/69 - Texas Pop Festival (Genuine masters)-awesome show...

4/27/69 - Fillmore West (Collage TDOLZ) - my favorite or 69

4/24/69 - Fillmore West (Blues anytime EVSD) - great to but short set list, best ALAIHY.

3/7/70 - Montreux (Intimidatior EVSD)

9/19/70- New York (Have You ever experienced Tara.) -the best 70 show IMO not that great recording...

Sadly don't have many of these.. :(

8/7/71 - Montreux (The Robert Plant Experience) great show for plant

6/25/72 - LA Forum (Burn Like A Candle) .....

2/27/72 - Sydney (Balloon goes up on Zeppelin) Killer show

7/17/73 - Seattle (V 1/2) better then the new york shows...

3/16/73 - Vienna (Danke!) Best of Germany 73...

3/19/75 - Vancouver (Snow Jobs) My favorite 75 show great SDB I really don't like SDBs anymore..

5/24/75 - Earls Court (To Be A rock and not to roll) best of Ealrs court..but no encores..

5/25/75 - Earls Court (When We Were kings) Great acoustic section and encores..

3/21/75 - Seattle (Long Drive To Seattle) Best STH EVER...piss poor recording...

6/11/77 - New York (Rock n roll circus) Piss poor recording but Amazing 77 show

6/21/77 - LA Forum (LTTE) I don't think this one needs much explanation

6/23/77 - LA Forum (Badgeholders) Keith moon and bonham..nuff said... great sth solo and no qaurter.......

4/24/69 - Fillmore West (Blues anytime EVSD) - great to but short set list, best ALAIHY.

9/19/70- New York (Have You ever experienced Tara.) -the best 70 show IMO not that great recording...

3/19/75 - Vancouver (Snow Jobs) My favorite 75 show great SDB I really don't like SDBs anymore..

5/24/75 - Earls Court (To Be A rock and not to roll) best of Ealrs court..but no encores..

3/21/75 - Seattle (Long Drive To Seattle) Best STH EVER...piss poor recording...

6/23/77 - LA Forum (Badgeholders) Keith moon and bonham..nuff said... great sth solo and no qaurter.......

I would add 10/10/69, any March 73 show, and 1/22 Southampton, any Japan show in 71.

in addition to nickzepp's reccomendations, how about 8/31/71 orlando, 3/21/70 vancouver, 9/4 or 9/2/70, and 1/5 or 1/11/69.

also, how come no-one ever mentions the bbc sessions!? the interviews and banter alone are well worth it... not to mention it has none of pages "creative" edits

in addition to nickzepp's reccomendations, how about 8/31/71 orlando, 3/21/70 vancouver, 9/4 or 9/2/70, and 1/5 or 1/11/69.

also, how come no-one ever mentions the bbc sessions!? the interviews and banter alone are well worth it... not to mention it has none of pages "creative" edits

I only have so many boots...and 9-19-70 is better then 9-4..and BBC sessions are ok but ...... :mellow:

Has anyone heard The devils blues from 4/27/69?....that recording is the best source I have ever heard from that show. the ballance is perfect....and I have been collecting this show for 20+ years.....amazing!

and try getting as many Winston Remasters as you can download. that guy does great work! I wish he would do one for 4/26/69 and the MSG evening show. now would be nice.

WR is retired.

I'm interested in getting/hearing Vancouver '75 (as they played "Wanton Song" as well as few others before they were dropped early from that tour and reports indicate that Plant's voice suffered shortly after the first 3 or so dates of that tour as well due to cold/flu or something).

R B)

I'm interested in getting/hearing Vancouver '75 (as they played "Wanton Song" as well as few others before they were dropped early from that tour and reports indicate that Plant's voice suffered shortly after the first 3 or so dates of that tour as well due to cold/flu or something).

R B)

They didn't play Wanton Song in Vancouver. They only played the Wanton Song for most of their first month of the 75 tour.

I heard they did, but if you know or have it then, there you go.

I heard they did play it on like three or so of their earliest shows on that leg of early 1975 tour.

R B)

I've got it. No Wanton Song. Does have probably the most full version of The Crunge.

right.. but you already had 9-19 listed.. i was suggesting more for your collection...

out of hard-drive space or somethin? B)

Well here's what I got so far..

01/05/69-Los Angeles, Live At Whiskey A Go-Go

04/24/69-San Francisco, Anytime Blues

04/27/69-San Francisco, Collage

03/17/69-Denmark, Danish TV

08/31/69-Dallas, Plays Pure Bob

08/31/69-Dallas, Texas Pop

10/10/69-Olympia, Paris Par Excellence

05/27/69-Boston, The Legendary Boston Tea Party Tapes

03/07/70-Montreaux, Intimidator

07/12/70-Berlin, Checkpoint Charlie

09/04/70-Inglewood, Live on Blueberry Hill

09/19/70-New York, Have You Ever Experienced?-Afternoon show

09/19/70-New York, Have You Ever Experienced?-Evening show

08/07/71-Montreaux, The Robert Plant Experience

06/25/72-Inglewood, Burn Like A Candle

02/27/72-Sydney, The Balloon Goes Up On Led Zeppelin

10/29/72-Osaka, Let Me Get Back To 1972

03/16/73-Vienna, Danke!

07/17/73-Seattle, V 1/2

02/16/75-St.Louis, St. Louis Blues

03/17/75-Seattle, Dinosaur In Motion

03/19/75-Vancouver, Snow Jobs

03/21/75-Seattle, Seattle Supersonic

03/21/75-Seattle, Long Drive To Seattle

05/24/77-London, Earls Court Gestures

05/25/75-London, When We Were Kings

06/21/77-Inglewood, Listen To This, Eddie

06/23/77-Inglewood, Sgt.Pages Badgeholders Club Band

06/26/77-Inglewood, It'll Be Me

06/10/77-New York, Rock 'n' Roll Circus

05/18/77-Birmingham, Out Of The Way

05/26/77-Landover, Bringing The House Down

05/28/77-Landover, Powhatan Confederacy

07/23/77-Oakland, It's Been Great

08/04/79-London, Welcome To The 1979 Knebworth Festival

1972-1973-Studio Daze

DVD

08/04/79-London, Knebworth Celebration

07/10/00-Wantaugh, Page/Crows

Updated on 8-30

I just picked up the January 22, 1973 Southamptom University show.

It's called "Any Port In A Storm: The Lost Soundboard Show", and it's from

The Godfatherecords...haven't listened to it yet, but was wondering if anyone

else has this particular release?

• 5 months later...
6/11/77 New York

Nice to see this show get some mention. At the moment I am listening to the "Four Source Merge" version of this show, just cranked on the old stereo, and I gotta say, for '77 it's mighty fine IMO. And the source from "TSRTS" to about halfway through "Kashmir" (apparently the taper only had a 120 min tape) is easily the best NY '77 recording...I'd say that it is just about the best non-Millard '77 recording overall (closely followed by April 28th, May 30th and the "Sea Of Screams" Seattle AUD source). After "Kashmir" the SQ drops off considerably (this is where the other three sources come in) but I am impressed...June 11 is probably my favourite 1977 show, when all is said and done (my wife's too, but it was also her tenth birthday, which mighthave something to do with it :D ).

Nice to see this show get some mention. At the moment I am listening to the "Four Source Merge" version of this show, just cranked on the old stereo, and I gotta say, for '77 it's mighty fine IMO. And the source from "TSRTS" to about halfway through "Kashmir" (apparently the taper only had a 120 min tape) is easily the best NY '77 recording...I'd say that it is just about the best non-Millard '77 recording overall (closely followed by April 28th, May 30th and the "Sea Of Screams" Seattle AUD source). After "Kashmir" the SQ drops off considerably (this is where the other three sources come in) but I am impressed...June 11 is probably my favourite 1977 show, when all is said and done (my wife's too, but it was also her tenth birthday, which mighthave something to do with it :D ).

Is this 4 source mix a recent release? Is the soundboard fragment used in it?

Archived