Songs that you can no longer tolerate...

Zepaholic

Stairway To Heaven

Anything in Def Leppard,Motley Crue,et al s' catalog.......

Rolling Stones "Waiting On A Friend"-there's a story behind that one.

Emotional Rescue-ugh

The studio version of "Free Bird"-The live version from "One More From The Road" absolutely smokes it.

more later.....

I wish they would play that more often, because I always hear "Dream On". :rolleyes:

Thank God I have Sirius. B)

Damn;I almost had "Dream On" erased from my memory.........

Smoke On The Water (unless it's the version from Made In Japan)

Me too.....

Viva la Sirius!!!!

Rolling Stones "Waiting On A Friend"-there's a story behind that one.

I actually visited the famous "Memory Motel", at the tip of Long Island. It was probably 2 in the morning when we got there. There was a little bar area, with 2 old sea hags sitting there with empty martini glasses smudged with lipstick and a pile of cigarette butts on the table. Their faces lit up when they saw us young studs walk in, and they were like "Well, hello there, boys!". We fell over each other trying to scramble out of the place - like Belushi and company after they shot the horse in Animal House.

Blitzkreig Bop - Ramones..

-if it counts as "music"-

omfg, I HATE it!! I don't know what's so speciaL about it! My best friend is obsessed with Ramones and she's shocked at me saying this.

hmmm?...drive a pencil through my skull or listen to "layla, you've got me on my knees"...hmmm???

I know the feeling... and now that I've read your comment that song is going to be stuck in my head for the whole day ! :'(

hmmm?...drive a pencil through my skull or listen to "layla, you've got me on my knees"...hmmm???

ugh, definiteLy. <_< add wonderfuL tonight to the List :ph34r:

Anything by the Eagles and most especially "Hotel California".

I know they have fans on this board, but I despise any song by the Black Crowes other than "Hard to Handle." It's not even accurate to say I "no longer tolerate them" because I never tolerated them. "She Talks to Angels" fills me with burning ire. 118.gif

I can't believe I forgot this one:

"I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack. I have despised that song since day one; I hate this song worse than all Supertramp, Dolly Parton and Dire Straits songs combined ((shudders)).

I was working today and the home owner had the stereo on, a classic rock station and -come sail away, came on....was a particularly bad experience. I had shut the door and then whatever the next song was, with the sound of the fan in the room and me focussing on working, kept hearing the chorus in my head...f-ing horrible. I wanted to go get my radio and play my station, but was way too busy. ahh i dont know, suffered for like five minutes.

more bothersome ones...foreigner/cold as ice and alot by boston.

Put me down for anything from Pink Floyd The Wall, actually everything after Meddle could be on my list.

Back in the day.... Rock radio masurtbated way too long over "The Wall"....

But it had tapped into a broad teenage response all across the country to "The Wall"..... and you how radio will lower their bar for overplaying, at the sound of a fad....

See "Do Yo Feel Like We Do" for an earlier example.....

Pandering does not appeal to me.

Blitzkreig Bop - Ramones..

-if it counts as "music"-

omfg, I HATE it!! I don't know what's so speciaL about it! My best friend is obsessed with Ramones and she's shocked at me saying this.

Blech, never liked the Ramones. Or the Sex Pistols. Or the Clash. Okay, I don't like "punk" at all.

I can't believe I forgot this one:

"I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack. I have despised that song since day one; I hate this song worse than all Supertramp, Dolly Parton and Dire Straits songs combined ((shudders)).

Oh, man, I'd forgotten about that song until now. My mom loves it. Ugh...

• 4 years later...

Stairway to Hell way way over played

hmmm can't say I've heard of it snot ....

Home Sweet Home - Motley Crue

Vince Neil takes a tolerable power ballad and manages to destroy it beyond repair.

What's Going On? - 4 Non Blondes.

Talk about someone over singing.... I can't hit the dial fast enough.

and it's always the go to Kareoke song...

Mrs Jones and Me.. Counting Crows -

Adam Duritz doesn't over sing ... he just doesn't shut his trap for 1 second.

Archived