Help with Pic Resizing

Nathan

(I know you've talked me through this, Evster... but don't kill me? :D)

IMG-1.jpg

This is apparently too wide for my signature. If someone's willing to resize this pic down to exact specifications while keeping its width:length ratio the same, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

• 1 year later...

hi

I'm trying to resize my signature line image.

Image Shack resizes the pic but I can't get the

resized image in url format to upload into the sig line.

I've downloaded irfanview. I've copied the image

and resized it to half and saved it, but

"Edit My Signature" is looking for an Image url, and

of course the original url image is too big as you see.

I know it should be easy for me :slapface:

and for the technologically disadvantaged, but

can you HELP! me out? :blink: thanks

Uh, I'm not sure I completely understand the problem, but since no one else has replied, let me give it a try. Have you already uploaded the image you resized with irfanview to Image Shack? Try to upload it and save it with a different name than the original large-sized image. Hope that helps...tell me if I'm totally missing the point here.

By the way...I can resize sig images for anyone ELSE here who would like theirs to be a tad bit smaller (hint hint!!).

Have you already uploaded the image you resized with irfanview to Image Shack? Try to upload it and save it with a different name than the original large-sized image. Hope that helps...tell me if I'm totally missing the point here.

hi Footsteps,

yes, I uploaded my resized pic from Irfanview to my Windows Pictures file,

then uploaded that new image to Image Shack and renamed the new image,

and could add the new picture to my signature... so that worked fine!

(but I couldn't upload the new resized picture/file in Irfanview directly into Image Shack...

so I could be doing something wrong with that.)

thank you so much!

Aquamarine has displayed a slightly smaller image so I tried it too.

In the image's Properties, I copy/pasted the "Photobucket . com" image url into

my browzer which pulled up the image at Photobucket. then I directly

uploaded the image from there to my signature and it worked fine too!

hi and thanks for that too Aquamarine!

so I'm all fixed up now with a shiny new image! :gimmefive:

Ladies,Ladies,Ladies :o there is a simple utility that comes with all pcs, it's called "paint"

Go to your pictures folder right click open with paint click image resize/askew and change the percentage from 100% to what ever size you want to reduce it click ok then red x to close choose save and it will auto resize.

Then you can upload to photobucket or what ever hosting site you use. :)

Ladies,Ladies,Ladies :o there is a simple utility that comes with all pcs, it's called "paint"

Go to your pictures folder right click open with paint click image resize/askew and change the percentage from 100% to what ever size you want to reduce it click the red x to close choose save and it will auto resize.

Then you can upload to photobucket or what ever hosting site you use. :)

That's what I use or a utility that came with one of the html programs. I do have some good tips too though.

Try not to cut or inflate by more than 100% ANY TIME.

Try not to resize and save more than twice in the same edit. Your images start losing pixel clarity with every step you make.

Oh and add your text as the last step if adding text. I know what I do is kinda of over blown at times, but it's a challenge to buck the norm of everything looking plastic and cut out.

DZL is good with computers. There's no need to buy an expensive proggie like photoshop. Especially when someone may know a person with a license.

Oh in other words when your doing it save it in a different place twice along the way.

This way you have the picture you started with saved in it's original clarity.

Doc?

Go to your pictures folder right click open with paint click image resize/askew and change the percentage from 100% to what ever size you want to reduce it click ok then red x to close choose save and it will auto resize. Then you can upload to photobucket or what ever hosting site you use. :)

hi,

I've always thought of LZ fans to be among the most intelligent people in the universe, no doubt, but I must have missed the test! :bagoverhead:

I opened the pic from my Windows Pictures into Paint., resized/skewed the image to 50%,

(I didn't want to crop it because it takes out the detail I need)...

then I saved the new pic in Paint, and X'd to close. I went to Image Shack

and hit Images Browze; brought up Paint, and tried to upload the pic(file) from Paint but

it wouldn't. Windows had saved the pic in Windows Pictures which is good... I easily

uploaded the new resized pic into Image Shack and it'd be no problem to upload the url code to my LZ signature... so that works great! yes!

Opening the pic in Paint, resizing it, then saving it (it saved itself to the Windows Pictures file again), then uploading the new pic from Windows Pictures to Photobucket (and editing it again if desired); then uploading the new pic url code to the LZ signature is also a snap!

I can't get the pic to load from the Paint program (don't know why yet :huh: but I'll figure it out), but it's easy as pie from now from Paint and Windows Pictures!

I'm still having trouble with Irfanview, but no matter, I don't really need it now.

so those solutions work well! thanks for your input into this too Dzldoc. :kiss:

Try not to resize and save more than twice in the same edit. Your images start losing pixel clarity with every step you make. Oh in other words when your doing it save it in a different place twice along the way. This way you have the picture you started with saved in it's original clarity.

Doc?

good tips! yes, I noticed that too, pixel quality can start to lose its clarity.

:offtopic: sorry. ha ha ha I have to laugh, I remember that show Mary Hartman Mary Hartman... I really liked it! :lol:

also, I saw Jeff Healey on youtube, and "Blue Jean Blues".

OMG I really love the blues and he was great! :guitar_mood:^_^

I'm still having trouble with Irfanview, but no matter, I don't really need it now.

so those solutions work well! thanks for your input into this too Dzldoc. :kiss:

You're welcome, I wouldn't recomend it for anything professional just thought you needed something for avatars or siggy's :)

If you're using an image that's already on the Internet, just right click, hit Properties, copy the address/url of the image, and put it in an image tag, like this:

[img=http://www.sampleimage.com/sample.jpg]

Make sure the address ends in .JPG or .GIF or another image file, and not .HTML. Also, most websites frown on hotlinking, so you'll probably want to open up a Photobucket or Flickr or Image Shack account. Plus, that way you can upload your own pictures from your hard drive, too. So if you find an image you like on the Net and want to do the moral thing by not hotlinking, just right click on the picture and save it to your hard drive. Then you can go to Photobucket or whatever and upload those and your own pictures from there.

Uploading images is pretty straightforward, at least in Photobucket, so tell me if you find you disagree and need more detail there. Once you've uploaded your image, it's the same drill - get the address of the image and put the %7Boption%7D tags around it. In Photobucket, if you just hover over the image, it'll actually give you the address already in IMG tags, so you can just copy and paste it into the post. Hope that helps!

Make sure the address ends in .JPG or .GIF or another image file, and not .HTML.

I was trying to post my picture in the "Meet and Greet" section. It's a JPEG in the "My Pictures" of this computer's hard drive. I don't use Photobucket, or have any familiarity with these things. Do I need to click on the "Insert Image" icon in the Reply screen? Thanks for trying to help!

Archived