Favorite Caption of a Published LZ Photo

Dirigible

Mine's a close-up of Jimmy on the '77 tour where he's deploying the violin bow. The caption read: A cigarette AND a guitar pick in his mouth at the same time. Re-examining the photo depicted yes, that is where the wily Mr. Page stashes his pick till the bow antics cease.

I got this one from a friend. It's a scan from an old book about 70's rock. The caption, a classic, reads:

"James Patrick Page, axe king of heavy metal, gentleman landowner, record company boss and occult aficionado."

JPleavestage73.jpg

they forgot "lady killer" :D

• 2 weeks later...
i love the tight but loose photo and the blonde chick pic.

dirig-i scoped out your vid....fun to watch!

YEAH! Most awesome vid! GREAT sound! Are you one of the members of that gropu dirig? Which one? If you say the drummer I'm melting...something about a drummer that can play that well AND sing! Everyone in the vid RAWKS!!

JPJPJRP71backstage-1.jpg

i love this pic. i wish there were more like it. theres lots of posed ones, but hardly any like this. do you know of any more, msg?

It's a nice pic, isn't it? I like how Jimmy is reflected in the mirror. :)

Aw, when I have time, I'll try to dig up some more candids. IluvJimmyPage has a great collection of old Zep photos so she might have some.

It's so hard to find ones that weren't posed. I used to think some of the photos I had were just natural shots but then I learned they were all posed. I think that the Zep guys and Peter Grant were very careful about what photos of them were released.

If you go to this site: http://www.backstagegallery.com/artist/Led...ageRating-desc/ there are some nice photos that were taken of the Zep guys backstage in Detroit.

Aw, when I have time, I'll try to dig up some more candids. IluvJimmyPage has a great collection of old Zep photos so she might have some.

It's so hard to find ones that weren't posed. I used to think some of the photos I had were just natural shots but then I learned they were all posed. I think that the Zep guys and Peter Grant were very careful about what photos of them were released.

If you go to this site: http://www.backstagegallery.com/artist/Led...ageRating-desc/ there are some nice photos that were taken of the Zep guys backstage in Detroit.

Ewww, nice! I have to revisit there tomorrow when I have time to drool! Ahahaha!

MSG, if you have time could you PM that link to me? Who knows if I'll remember where to find it tomorrow.... :huh: Thanks Sweetie!

thankyou!

Yeah I love that picture too & it is great how Jimmy's reflection is in the mirror :)

I definitely have to scan some more of my old pictures and post them here, so I will try to do that very soon ;)

And thanks MSG for the link, there are definitely some great pictures there!

Ewww, nice! I have to revisit there tomorrow when I have time to drool! Ahahaha!

MSG, if you have time could you PM that link to me? Who knows if I'll remember where to find it tomorrow.... :huh: Thanks Sweetie!

Done. :D

thankyou!

You're welcome. Here are some candids of Jimmy from when he played with Bad Company in Austin in 1974. I was at the NY show, in Central Park, but I've never seen any photos of that day.

I think that the photographer who took these shots of Jimmy with Bad in Austin was the same one who photographed the band when they played in San Antonio (those photos are on the timeline):

JPBCAustin74.jpg

JPPGBCAustin74.jpg

JPBCAustin74II.jpg

JPBCAustin74III.jpg

Yeah I love that picture too & it is great how Jimmy's reflection is in the mirror :)

I definitely have to scan some more of my old pictures and post them here, so I will try to do that very soon ;)

And thanks MSG for the link, there are definitely some great pictures there!

You're welcome! :)

Done. :D

You're welcome. Here are some candids of Jimmy from when he played with Bad Company in Austin in 1974. I was at the NY show, in Central Park, but I've never seen any photos of that day.

I think that the photographer who took these shots of Jimmy with Bad in Austin was the same one who photographed the band when they played in San Antonio (those photos are on the timeline):

oh! you saw him with bad company as well? no fair! i love bad company, and i love the firm, paul rodgers is a great singer/songwriter. im jealous ( again )!

JPBCAustin74.jpg

JPPGBCAustin74.jpg

JPBCAustin74II.jpg

JPBCAustin74III.jpg

You're welcome! :)

Aw, don't be jealous. It was funny how it happened. Bad Company was a fairly new band and they were opening for Foghat. We heard that Jimmy and Peter Grant were in town and we knew that they were connected with Bad Company so, hoping that Jimmy might be there, we went down to the park to see the concert - not only was he there - he played with them. :D

Aw, don't be jealous. It was funny how it happened. Bad Company was a fairly new band and they were opening for Foghat. We heard that Jimmy and Peter Grant were in town and we knew that they were connected with Bad Company so, hoping that Jimmy might be there, we went down to the park to see the concert - not only was he there - he played with them. :D

and you are tellimg not to be jealous???? :unsure:

Archived