Bonzo - I never realised!

Jukin

Hi All,

I've been a Zeppelin fan for nearly 40 years. When Bonzo died I thought it was tragic but I also thought that they could get another drummer and carry on. I never realized just how unique Bonzo was. I listened to the remastered Physical Graffiti the other night and was blown away by Bonzo's drumming on 'In My Time Of Dying'; his riffs and fills were awesome. I then started listening to more remastered albums and finally began to appreciate just how special he was. Listen to 'For Your Life' on Presence or "Carasoulambra' on ITTOD; the man was the heart of Zeppelin. Jimmy, John Paul and Percy may have been the artistes but Bonzo was the engine. It's taken me 40 years to really appreciate just what a difference he made and I just feel gutted that his swan song (no pun intended) was ITTOD - he seemed like the only one who showed up for work on that album; if Bonzo had not died then I hope that Presence and not ITTOD was the direction they would have followed in the 80's. I've tried to love ITTOD but I can't.

Anyhow, I'm Dave from Lancaster, Pennsylvania and it's a real honor to meet you guys at last.

Hi Jukin. I agree alot with what you say. Bonzo in alot of ways was the core of the band. But the same can and has been said about JPJ. anyway welcome. And by the way, its good to see someone from my neck of the woods. I am just down the road from ya right outside of Scranton.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi All,

I've been a Zeppelin fan for nearly 40 years. When Bonzo died I thought it was tragic but I also thought that they could get another drummer and carry on. I never realized just how unique Bonzo was. I listened to the remastered Physical Graffiti the other night and was blown away by Bonzo's drumming on 'In My Time Of Dying'; his riffs and fills were awesome. I then started listening to more remastered albums and finally began to appreciate just how special he was. Listen to 'For Your Life' on Presence or "Carasoulambra' on ITTOD; the man was the heart of Zeppelin. Jimmy, John Paul and Percy may have been the artistes but Bonzo was the engine. It's taken me 40 years to really appreciate just what a difference he made and I just feel gutted that his swan song (no pun intended) was ITTOD - he seemed like the only one who showed up for work on that album; if Bonzo had not died then I hope that Presence and not ITTOD was the direction they would have followed in the 80's. I've tried to love ITTOD but I can't.

Anyhow, I'm Dave from Lancaster, Pennsylvania and it's a real honor to meet you guys at last.

Hi Dave,

I feel that they could not have replaced him so easily. Listen to Nobodys Fault But Mine and Out on the Tiles. He carried these songs, and of course, Kashmir. I'm Lori from Mandeville, LA and I am new at this and it so cool to connect with other die-hard Zep fans!

Lori

Archived