LedZep1969

Whats your favorite Jimmy guitar?  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Guitars

• Sunburst Signature Les Paul
    • Gibson Custom Double Neck
    • Black Signature Les Paul
    • Other

His cherry red Les Paul that he used on "Kashmir" at the o2. I've always loved it. He used it sparingly in Zep. He opened his "Outrider" tours using it on "Who's To Blame"/"Prelude"/"OTHAFA". I particularly loved his solo's on "OTHAFA" on the cherry red. "Kashmir" at the 02 never sounded better live until he used it on that.

• 1 month later...

speaking of the double neck Gibson, who else used one?

i know there were a few, but the only one off the top of my head i can

think of is Rik Emmett of Triumph.

I've seen Tom Morello from Rage Against The Machine use one

I've seen Tom Morello from Rage Against The Machine use one

One of the guitarists in "Coheed And Cambria" uses one, and even though he doesn't use it live, I know James Hetfield used one for a couple of parts during the recording of Nothing Else Matters.

As for my favorite guitar of Jimmy's, it's the Black Beauty. The tone on that guitar was just so perfect. I like his Number 1, but the Black Beauty beats it in terms of looks and tone.

speaking of the double neck Gibson, who else used one?

i know there were a few, but the only one off the top of my head i can

think of is Rik Emmett of Triumph.

Alex Lifeson from RUSH used one (White) during the 70s and on recent tours.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Although other well known artists have used the double neck, for me that guitar IS Jimmy Page!

The first video I ever saw of Jimmy playing was with the SG double and that will always be the one.

And yes that vid was "Stairway to Heaven" seen many many moons ago.

Give me the Dragon Tele any day, love the tone those guitars produce in the right hands. I use a similar Tele as my primary guitar, some guitarist feel the Tele is a real ballbuster and that you really have to work at it to make it sound good. I never had a problem, the most natural electric guitar I ever played. My secondary guitar is a PRS which I also love and use for when I need a really fast neck or tremelo, but my baby is my Tele :elvis2::wub:

• 4 weeks later...

60strat.jpg

YES! The Lake Placid Blue Stratocaster, because I have one just like it :) Except mine is an inexpensive Japanese-made model from 1985 (but still excellent, mind) while Jimmy's is probably vintage, I dunno. I didn't choose that model because of JP, I had never seen him with a Strat actually, I just loved the looks of it, still do. The pictures don't do justice to the color, which is a lovely almost electric blue.

• 2 months later...

Amen to that! I can't count how many times I've tried to explain that to people wanting to know what to buy to "sound like Page". I appreciate their enthusiasm, and I admit I was the same way when I was younger. But give Jimmy Page a Les Paul, a Stratocaster, a Telecaster, anything, and he still sounds like Jimmy. Yet you've got people wondering where they can find a vintage t-top Gibson pickup like the one Page replaced his original PAF with, like it's the key to the kingdom. "How was it wound? What is it's output?". It's one thing to be an archivist, it's another to believe that having his gear will make you sound like him.

Evster, I SO agree!

I just love him playing ANY guitar!!!

• 5 months later...

Archived