LedZep1969

Whats your favorite Jimmy guitar?  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Guitars

• Sunburst Signature Les Paul
    • Gibson Custom Double Neck
    • Black Signature Les Paul
    • Other

it was tough, but i had to pick the les paul. just the amount of great riffs recorded with it makes it hands down the winner.

but.....the doubleneck is iconic of him and can make a crowd of 20k scream when held aloft by the man with a plan....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I really don't know the name of the black and white guitar all I know he used it in Knebworth. My favorite is his Les Paul Black like the one he used at Royal Albert Hall.

1.pagelpmedium.gif

2.gibson-jimmy-page-electric-guitar.jpg

3.546424.jpg

4.zep_2.jpg

5.Jimmy has a lot of guitars but those are his main.

The guitar you said you don't know the name of is a Danelectro 59 DC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
It Doesn't Matter the guitar it's the man playing it and Jimmy is the only guitarist that matters in my book :D

Amen to that! I can't count how many times I've tried to explain that to people wanting to know what to buy to "sound like Page". I appreciate their enthusiasm, and I admit I was the same way when I was younger. But give Jimmy Page a Les Paul, a Stratocaster, a Telecaster, anything, and he still sounds like Jimmy. Yet you've got people wondering where they can find a vintage t-top Gibson pickup like the one Page replaced his original PAF with, like it's the key to the kingdom. "How was it wound? What is it's output?". It's one thing to be an archivist, it's another to believe that having his gear will make you sound like him.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived