Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
LedZep1969

Your favorite Jimmy guitar

Whats your favorite Jimmy guitar?  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Guitars

• Sunburst Signature Les Paul
    • Gibson Custom Double Neck
    • Black Signature Les Paul
    • Other

it was tough, but i had to pick the les paul. just the amount of great riffs recorded with it makes it hands down the winner.

but.....the doubleneck is iconic of him and can make a crowd of 20k scream when held aloft by the man with a plan....

I would love to get my hands on one of his sig Black Beauties with the Bigsby, this is and always has been my "Holy Grail" guitar !!!

RjK

I really don't know the name of the black and white guitar all I know he used it in Knebworth. My favorite is his Les Paul Black like the one he used at Royal Albert Hall.

1.pagelpmedium.gif

2.gibson-jimmy-page-electric-guitar.jpg

3.546424.jpg

4.zep_2.jpg

5.Jimmy has a lot of guitars but those are his main.

The guitar you said you don't know the name of is a Danelectro 59 DC.

This was a hard decision. I really like the dragon Tele because it looks so cool. But I voted for the Sunburst LP because I think it sounds better (I think the bow solos sound better on it).

It Doesn't Matter the guitar it's the man playing it and Jimmy is the only guitarist that matters in my book :D

It Doesn't Matter the guitar it's the man playing it and Jimmy is the only guitarist that matters in my book :D

Amen to that! I can't count how many times I've tried to explain that to people wanting to know what to buy to "sound like Page". I appreciate their enthusiasm, and I admit I was the same way when I was younger. But give Jimmy Page a Les Paul, a Stratocaster, a Telecaster, anything, and he still sounds like Jimmy. Yet you've got people wondering where they can find a vintage t-top Gibson pickup like the one Page replaced his original PAF with, like it's the key to the kingdom. "How was it wound? What is it's output?". It's one thing to be an archivist, it's another to believe that having his gear will make you sound like him.

Sunburst Les Paul. My favourite sound and it looks great. Every time I see one I automatically think of Jimmy!

I LOVE his Dragon Telecaster thats my favorite, my second favorite is his doubleneck, and my third favorite is his Danelectro.

They're all Favorites . . .

But my Most Favorite of all is:

jimmy_page_robert_plant_led_zeppelin_19741241929108.jpg

Actually, I like all the guitars he plays. They all play different but good songs. But if I had to pick, it would have to be the "White Summer" & "Kashmir" guitar, the black and white danelectro. I also love the double neck just as equally.

speaking of the double neck Gibson, who else used one?

i know there were a few, but the only one off the top of my head i can

think of is Rik Emmett of Triumph.