Any one from Australia

Smithy

unfortunately not :(

If my plans had prevailed and I did go, I already decided I would wear a t-shirt with the Australian flag on it. It would just be nice for everyone to know where you're from and how far you've come.

So I suppose you're going then? :)

I'll be there...

Don't know about a T shirt though. Don't really think it's T shirt weather.

Any other ideas on letting people know where we're from?

My Girlfriend (The_Angel_of_Avalon) lived in Aus in Perth for years and has Aus citizenship or duel nationality now !! We live in England but wants to take me out there to see her old mates and I know in her heart of hearts would like for us to live out there one day !!

I'm NOT an Aussie, but just wanted to say Gippsland is lovely. I loved it down by Lakes Entrance. You live in a beautiful place.

That's nice to hear! I live about an hours drive west of Lakes amongst coal mines and power stations and most people who live here are really self-deprecating about the area, but I love it. Lakes Entrance and Bairnsdale are very nice places.

That's nice to hear!

It's true. Beautiful part of the world.

I live about an hours drive west of Lakes amongst coal mines and power stations and most people who live here are really self-deprecating about the area, but I love it. Lakes Entrance and Bairnsdale are very nice places.

That's a world wide thing though. We have people here who want to get away from the place, yet tourists come here and adore it.

Grass is always greener and all that.

G'Day

Any Aussies on this site? B)B)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Hey Smithy.......just saw this thread....I`m a trueblue from OAK FLATS....know where that is dontcha mate?! I couldn`t believe you`re from Wolly way!!!!! We might even know each other........Zep fan eh!? The boys were TOPS in OZ remember...and still ARE!!

963201545_l.jpg

Your so lucky Aussie people all that sunshine, it is freezing here.

LOL, that's twice you've said that.

It's not freezing at all. Stop being a wuss (joke). And didn't you have a nice balmy sunny autumn where you live? I did. :D

As I said up above, I'm was born and reared on the South Coast of NSW, Australia, but I've been travelling on/off to the EU for work since '96.....in fact I'm missing Australia's lovely sunshine and beaches because I'm writing from Rome right now and the temp's dropped like 7° right down to 4°C...and it was raining cats and dogs this arvo (it's nearly midnight here now :))..........

VERONICAS.jpg

I'm missing Australia's lovely sunshine and beaches because I'm writing from Rome right now and the temp's dropped like 7° right down to 4°C...and it was raining cats and dogs this arvo (it's nearly midnight here now

But isn't that part of the fun and interest of travel and moving abroad etc? To experience and take in the differences?

Your so lucky Aussie people all that sunshine, it is freezing here.

In Victoria where I am, it's just as often freezing cold as it is boiling hot, it's ridiculous.

And yippee, here comes bushfire season. For the past 5 summers, our sky has been full of smoke. :(

To those from the UK and other cold countries; just think about how jealous we are of your snow!! Is sunshine almost all year 'round worth not getting snow?

Well, the U.K isn't really a 'cold' country. We have the mildest winters of northern Europe. It's the Gulf Stream. It keeps the temps quite mild.

And as for snow.........I don't know what that is anymore. Southern England doesn't get real winters and hasn't for over 2 decades. I haven't seen proper snow here for 16 years. Last time was '91.

But isn't that part of the fun and interest of travel and moving abroad etc? To experience and take in the differences?

Don't get me wrong..........I love travelling otherwise I wouldn't have accepted the post thru Sydney University...but I know that many young people (younger than me !!) absolutely do not like the hassle of getting on planes, airport life, etc. I say they don't know what they're missing :)

LEDZEPbandnearLZairplaneinairport.jpg

The national population is approximately 21 million (just for comparison; the population of the USA is almost 303 million & the UK has 60 million)

21 million.....That's about 14 million less than lives in the state of California. :blink:

Wow. I certainly have a misconception there, thinking that every Winter was covered in snow in the UK. Sorry for assuming that, I guess that's not just how it's played in the media. And when I say that the the UK is cold, I really mean that it's just colder than what I'm used to, which I think is understandable. It's just that last Summer it was on the headlining news (here) that there were consecutive days over 30 degrees in England, so I assumed it wasn't very common :lol:

Anyone know when we're next playing England in the cricket? I'm looking forward to that :rolleyes:

Sorry, I'm a trueblue but I like livelier sports like Formula One racing.........viva Moffat, Brock, Alan Jones, Stoner, etc.!!!

Archived