Any one from Australia

Smithy

gday everyone

another Aussie here :)

I live up in Brisbane (but i wish i lived in Melbourne)

im a very true blue aussie... never left the country (but ive lived in Brissie, Sydney, Newcastle, Tamworth, Gunnedah, Perth, Port Maquarie), i live for summer and the beach...

and my year is divided up into two seasons...

FOOTY AND CRICKET!!

so who do you guys barrack for? well me.... THE MIGHTY FIGHTING HAWKS!!! i get alot of shit at school cuz i dont barrack for the lions... thats because they suck :)

and in cricket i barrack for... Domestic- Western Warriors, internations... well thats just bloody obvious... AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!!

and Gibsongirl...

i think we are playing the poms again soon, cuz they are playing Sri Lanka at the moment... and bloody Murali broke Warnies record... grrrr... so we should get the poms soon, cuz we play India in the Boxing Day Test....

BRING ON THE POMS!!!

ahhh the Ashes were great this year,... and Hussey got to score the runs that won us the Ashes back.

and on the subject of Mike Hussey.... did you guys here that if he plays every game from now on untill the end of 2009 an scores more than 50 runs and innings... he will beat The Dons batting average!!! how good is that!

Hussey went to my primary school and lived behind my sisters best mate.

as you can see, if you get me started about sport i can never stop.

grrrr bushfire season soon....

our house backs onto the bush, and every year for the past 3 years we have been evacuated from our house. But they are saying summer wont be as hot this year, so we might not get as severe bushfires

cant wait to hear from some more Aussies.

unless you are Collingwood supporters.

then i shall not talk to you.

hehe.

only joking.

Ok, I'm not that into sports but I do like to see our boys dominate in cricket. I barely can call myself a fan but I barrick for the Adelaide Crows.

oooh crows eh?

soo... im guessing you will remember the first elimination final then?

:) i certainly do.

i cried when Buddy kicked that goal with 7 seconds to go to win us the game...

:D

hahaah just warning you... i will probably give u a bit of shit about it sometimes... and when every hawks play crows :)

just saying sorry now

• 3 weeks later...

Merry Christmas to you all too. I'm in Sydney, but I've lived in Melbourne and Tasmania as well. So what are some of your favourite Aussie bands? I'm a bit old school. I love Died Pretty, The Saints, The Mark of Cain, The Oils, Paul Kelly, The Triffids, Divinyls, Silverchair, Crowded House (well technically they're Kiwis, but anyway) ... and of course AC/DC and CHISEL!! I shared an elevator with Mossy once. He has such an amazing voice. Oh, and I love Dave Graney and his various bands. He's a brilliant songwriter, and highly amusing. Very underrated in our country I think. :)

• 1 month later...
I know I may be a few days late, but a very Happy Australia Day to you all! :thumbsup:

How did everyone else spend theirs? Lamb barbecue in my household, as to the stereotype :D .

:D:D I love "me snags on the barbie", but this year International House in Rome threw a HUGE party for Australia Day....lots of aussie chix and flags around....it was like back in Illawarra!! :) :)

A belated Happy Australia Day to all trueblues here :)

FLYINGAUSSIEFLAG.gif

AUSTRALIANMETALlogo.jpg

I know I may be a few days late, but a very Happy Australia Day to you all! :thumbsup:

How did everyone else spend theirs? Lamb barbecue in my household, as to the stereotype :D .

Some of the best things I love about SA are the lasses there :) and the Barossa Valley.....hic!! :)

• 3 weeks later...
G'day

Another true blue New South Welshman here.

Fari Dinkum.

:D:D:D How are ya mate!! I'm from the S. Coast of NSW...Illawarra to be exact.....I've lived all over the place there: Oak Flats, Corrimal, Albion Park, Wollongong, Warrawong, Berkley, Dapto, Figtree....you name it, I've lived there!!! :) :). Where are you from in NSW??!

P.S. NSW, a rippa state!!!! :)

ABORIGINALSduringAustraliaDay.jpg

So I was thinking about studying abroad in either Australia or Spain for my final semester this fall. Spain would be a good cultural experience and I could be all academic to go there and try to get a Spanish minor. Or I could go to Australia and have fun. :P

Do you guys think Australia is a good place to study? I'm looking at probably going to the Brisbane area.

So I was thinking about studying abroad in either Australia or Spain for my final semester this fall. Spain would be a good cultural experience and I could be all academic to go there and try to get a Spanish minor. Or I could go to Australia and have fun. :P

Do you guys think Australia is a good place to study? I'm looking at probably going to the Brisbane area.

:D:D:D:D:) You can do both in God's Land :)......study AND have fun. There are many sites on the Net for study programs and stages in OZ. If you're thinking of going to Queensland, be sure you go visit Surfer's Paradise and the Gold Coast....it's like Cali meets Polynesia and Micronesia all rolled in one....careful of the sharks and the crocks, hehehhehehe !!! :) :)

SURFARISanthologyoftheirgreatest.jpg

Rob

:D:D:D How are ya mate!! I'm from the S. Coast of NSW...Illawarra to be exact.....I've lived all over the place there: Oak Flats, Corrimal, Albion Park, Wollongong, Warrawong, Berkley, Dapto, Figtree....you name it, I've lived there!!! :):) . Where are you from in NSW??!

P.S. NSW, a rippa state!!!! :)

Blacktown west of Sydney.

Growing up I spent a lot of time down at Stanwell park.

I'm from Brisbane, HEAPS of foreign students here, mostly from Indonesia, China and India. Brisbane is more accessible and cheaper than Sydney or Melbourne, however I think Brisbane is more boring.

We have three major Universities here: QUT, Griffith University and Queensland University. I studied at and worked for QUT. It's the biggest Uni with 3 major campuses. QUT's reputation is in Education and Creative Industries. Griffith University has the Queensland Conservatorium of Music and the Queensland College of Art, Griffith is also the place to go for Business, Economic, Finance and Trade studies. University of Queensland is the oldest Uni and has the more posh reputation. It's the best Uni to go to for Humanities and Academia, as well as Science and Medicine.

Brisbane is probably a good place to go if you're a foreign student because it's cheaper and you'll get to be enthralled with the Australian way of life. I'm personally bored with Brisbane and would rather live in Melbourne which is more exciting than Brisbane, but less of an expensive pain-in-the-arse city like Sydney.

Dude I'm sorry! haha

I totally didn't notice it because I'd read the thread before you'd replied and I just went in really quick to thank the other two. I really appreciate your information, too! Yeah, from what I've heard Melbourne is really awesome, as well, but the program's a bit more expensive than I would like. Plus I'd have to have the balance paid before I'd have the money. So I'm probably gonna go with the Brisbane area and Griffith University.

Again, sorry. haha I'm so inattentive.

Again, sorry. haha I'm so inattentive.

:D It's okay

Yeah International Students usually have to cough up a lot of money first, but I think you'll like Griffith. I went there when I first started studying before I switched to QUT (because it was closer to home) but Griffith has got a big International vibe. The Campus is in the Mt Gravatt/Sunnybank area, which is where a lot of Chinese people live so if you love Chinese food you'll be set.

Well I guess it will be cool to be around the international vibe. Cities with diverse cultures are always the most interesting.

Chinese food? Meh. Japanese food is better, but I can live with it. haha I lived in Hawai'i for five years. Any kind of Asian food is good in my book. Moving to Idaho sucked. You can't get any good Asian food here. It's all made by some white guy named Bob or something.

You're not the only one. But for every other day, I know where I'd rather be ;)

You'd rather be in Adelaide than London? Wow, now Adelaide is ok, but it's got nothing on London. London is one of the truly great world cities. Only city in Oz that can even remotely compare is Sydney. :)

Oh well, if you get lonsome for a little slice of Idaho, there is a rather large Mormon temple in Brisbane

Lonesome for Idaho is quite possibly the largest oxymoron ever. haha

But yes, everytime I google a given city, on the first page of pictures there is always a Mormon temple somewhere. Oh, the insanity.

Archived