Does anyone still buy CDs

Dancin'Days

I have about 250 I think. I need to do a re-count. I would just like to know if you burn most CDs or buy them. Nowadays I burn'em, unless it's something that I really want and just happen to see it or can't wait and put it on order.

A little over 2600 so far plus about 250 vinyl recordings .Got rid of all but about 50 of My tapes and they are boots that still need to be transfered to disc.have a few 8 tracks still laying around but no way to play them.

A little over 2600 so far plus about 250 vinyl recordings .Got rid of all but about 50 of My tapes and they are boots that still need to be transfered to disc.have a few 8 tracks still laying around but no way to play them.

that's insane...

I download individual songs (iTunes), but if I want the whole thing, or most of the whole thing, I still buy CDs. With all 5 of us together I would guess we have around 300+ CDs. My husband and I probably have an equal number of cassette tapes out in the garage, which by now are in questionable condition. He and I also have I'd say at least 50 vinyl albums, maybe more, but they are beginning to get warped and we don't have a decent turntable anymore anyway. But I can't see our ever chucking the really special ones.

I buy only original cds and I don't burn at all: I simply don't download songs (do you realize how expensive is compared to a cd?) and I usually buy vinyls.

I don't know how many but I guess, at a glance, they are 1000 more or less (nothing compared to my records ... 1000 official LZ albums only ;) etc.)

Well I am not interested in piracy, and I like to have a physical backup for my music (I use my iPod as a portable hard disc - I never play the actual CDs, just plug my iPod into the stereo). So I only buy CDs. There is something about taking off the shrink wrap that is pretty cool too, and discovering what's inside.

I buy cd's (and vinyl), but only of bands I know I like. Be it through music I've downloaded, checked out on myspace, saw the band live, etc.

I don't like burning, it's a pain to organize burned cd's. But if a friend has something I want I'll have them burn it for me, or I'll burn something for them. Stick it on my computer and throw out the disc.

I download, but I don't pay for downloads. I download to discover, and once I discover a band I deem worthy of my money, I'll buy some of their material.

I have about 250 I think. I need to do a re-count. I would just like to know if you burn most CDs or buy them. Nowadays I burn'em, unless it's something that I really want and just happen to see it or can't wait and put it on order.

Yes I BUY CDs. And that is BUY THEM, not share files or other forms of theft. I HATE it when people STEAL copywrited material without paying for it.

And the other reason I buy CDs rather than pay for downloads is because I prefer the full range audio quality from a CD rather than a compressed file format.

Well I am not interested in piracy, and I like to have a physical backup for my music (I use my iPod as a portable hard disc - I never play the actual CDs, just plug my iPod into the stereo). So I only buy CDs. There is something about taking off the shrink wrap that is pretty cool too, and discovering what's inside.

Good for you!

Best regards from Del Zeppnile

:thumbsup:

Yes I BUY CDs. And that is BUY THEM, not share files or other forms of theft. I HATE it when people STEAL copywrited material without paying for it.

And the other reason I buy CDs rather than pay for downloads is because I prefer the full range audio quality from a CD rather than a compressed file format.

Very well stated. I couldn't agree more and couldn't have said it better myself.

I do. A bit of vinyl as well. Have approx 300 CD's and quite a bit of my old vinyl. As much as I love the sound of vinyl, I like the convenience of CD's. Don't mind burning a few songs as samplers but I still like the real deal whenever possible

I buy, unless it's something not available on any CD (for instance, Ryan Adams has hundreds of unreleased songs that will never see the light of day, and I know for a fact he doesn't care whether or not people download those particular songs).

I used to have around 200 or so CD's...then a ton of them went 'missing' (ie. my crack-head brother-in-law stole them <_< )...good ones too, like all of my Beatles and Pink Floyd.

Other than that, I own eveything Led Zeppelin ever did - except for live albums and greatest hits, also, I have a great deal of Rolling Stones (everything from Beggar's Banquet through to Some Girls), Ryan Adams, Joni Mitchell, etc...

I try to buy CDs as often as I can because the sound quality is better and because I like getting out of the house, but I do download from iTunes every so often. I mostly use it to try out new stuff a couple songs at a time, but I have 3 or 4 full albums from there, too.

I buy CDs. I refuse to download. Because there are a lot more people involved in bringing a CD to you than just the musician(s), and stealing is wrong. Plus, it feels good to take a CD home, unwrap it, and look at the little booklet. :D

I will, however, upload a CD to my computer so that I can make myself a mixed CD.

I will, however, upload a CD to my computer so that I can make myself a mixed CD.

You can even make a copy of the CD as a back up for yourself, afterall the CD you bought is your own investment. That is not illegal, it falls under "fair use."

But only as long as you don't pass those copies or files on to anyone else.

CD's here are way overpriced. I mostly download music these days.

I used to visit this cosy CD bazaar near Wenceslaus Square when I was still in secondary/high school. The whole shop smelled of incense sticks and the shop assistant was a very easygoing guy with a scarf on his head and very thick glasses.

I buy quite a bit.

I mostly download a song here and there to get to grips with the artist.

And when I find out that I like them, I buy.

I rearly download complete albums, only when I can't get a hold of

it legaly.

One thing I do, when I can't find something I want in the stores, is look up the artist online. See if they have a website, you know. Because if they have a website, they might just have a store....and if they have a store, they might have what I'm looking for.

I buy CDs. I do the same that many people do, I upload them to my computer and put them on my MP3 player. I will use the MP3s in the car or if I'm traveling, mowing the lawn, working out, etc., and I use the CDs in the car and on my home stereo.

I keep about ten CDs in my car at all times, but my MP3 player has all of my music--I tend to take that with me if I'm going on a road trip or something--you know, so I don't get sick of the same three CDs playing over and over again.

I also love going to shop for music. We have a wonderful record store in town--The Record Exchange. It's locally owned and they carry a lot of rare stuff that Best Buy, Wal-Mart and other big box stores don't keep in stock. Plus they have patchouli oil and a coffee bar. :D

I think of my CDs as my "backup recovery discs" for my MP3 player. It would sure suck if I lost my $300 MP3 player and my thousands of dollars' worth of music on them. :wacko:

Archived