Does anyone still buy CDs

Dancin'Days

HMV shut it's Wakefield branch recently, but it had already started stocking less and less CD's apart from Pound shops stocking the odd cd,charity shops selling second hand CD's the only shop selling new CD's is a small market stall who sells out of copyright nostalgia CD's & That's Entertainment store with sell a limited range of bargain CD's mostly earlier versions of newly re-issued CD's

Other than that it's 10 mile bus ride to Leeds HMV , or Amazon or E-Bay

In the Halifax Regional Municipality with a population of 420,000 people we still have 1 HMV in Dartmouth which I’m guessing will be closed in 12 months at the latest. The 5 used record stores also have been bringing in a lot of newly released music because they are the only game in town besides Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and Future Shop.

• 2 weeks later...

Forget torrents, make it a journey, and find it at a used record store - earn the right to listen to it!

I 've been trying to find a torrents site with either or both of these albums , without passwords

purson - The Circle And The Blue Door

giuda - racey roller

I do,used ones mostly. New releases are too expensive for my budget,they're about 20+€ here and I earn about 450€ per month,regular job+giggin' with the band.

So,buying used is quite common,with few exceptions here and there.

Forget torrents, make it a journey, and find it at a used record store - earn the right to listen to it!

I'm sorry I've only gone and ordered both,,

I found out if i'm after a rare track and it's not available in shops, online or torrents , there are free youtube to mp3 music file convertors website

good for rare nothern soul stuff ,,,,well for a casual listener like me

http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

• 4 years later...
On 10/15/2017 at 12:27 AM, SteveAJones said:

One night in 1969 me and a friend were at Tower Records in San Francisco. That's the store in the pic. We were just hanging out on the outside on the street that's on the left side of the pic (Jones, I believe) and up pulls a stretch limo and out comes Charlie Watts and Mick Taylor. They went into the record store and we kind of chuckled as the people inside knew who they were and were trying to act very non-chalant. Finally, Charlie and Mick came over to where we could see them looking through the records and they were actually below us as we were on a slight hill. At the time I had a cheapo 110 camera and I knocked on the window. They both looked up and I signaled if it would be ok to take their pic? Charlie kind of nodded ok and I snapped the pic. I have since lost that pic, unfortunately.

TOWER RECORDS.jpg

10 hours ago, redrum said:

One night in 1969 me and a friend were at Tower Records in San Francisco. That's the store in the pic. We were just hanging out on the outside on the street that's on the left side of the pic (Jones, I believe) and up pulls a stretch limo and out comes Charlie Watts and Mick Taylor. They went into the record store and we kind of chuckled as the people inside knew who they were and were trying to act very non-chalant. Finally, Charlie and Mick came over to where we could see them looking through the records and they were actually below us as we were on a slight hill. At the time I had a cheapo 110 camera and I knocked on the window. They both looked up and I signaled if it would be ok to take their pic? Charlie kind of nodded ok and I snapped the pic. I have since lost that pic, unfortunately.

TOWER RECORDS.jpg

Weird. That looks exactly like the Sunset Blvd. Tower Records. 😮

Archived