Happiest and Saddest Days of your life

~tangerine~

After reading Spalove's post about swimming with Dolphins i thought how joyous that must be (for people like me who would love to do that). I also thought about how sad today has become for me. It's amazing how fleeting these feelings can be. Still, people always have best and worst life experiences.

For me one of the happiest days of my life is of course the day my daughter was born. Another was seeing Robert Plant's first solo tour in 1984 (which i thought of today when "Big Log" was playing on the radio).

As for saddest days, well my first heartbreak comes to mind. That was thirty years ago.

Anyone else want to share?

I couldn't even define it by days....it's happy moments and sad moments and touching moments and empathetic moments, etc. I coudn't even begin to answer that question.

I am a happy person period. My days are happy. I've experienced much sadness and tragedy but, it's all part of life. I don't like to compartmentalize things by 'EST' as in happiest and saddest...how do you compare the joy of a child being born to falling in love to experiencing a great feeling of accomplishment? How does one compair the loss of a pet, or friend or family member to the terror of being in the midst of the 9/11 attack or being shot at?

I can't do it...

I couldn't even define it by days....it's happy moments and sad moments and touching moments and empathetic moments, etc. I coudn't even begin to answer that question.

I am a happy person period. My days are happy. I've experienced much sadness and tragedy but, it's all part of life. I don't like to compartmentalize things by 'EST' as in happiest and saddest...how do you compare the joy of a child being born to falling in love to experiencing a great feeling of accomplishment? How does one compair the loss of a pet, or friend or family member to the terror of being in the midst of the 9/11 attack or being shot at?

I can't do it...

I can't either. Don't want to make too much of the good for fear of disrespecting the bad.

I don't know why but, one sad day was when I heard John Ritter had died. I guess it was because I had grown up watching Three's Company and I really liked him as an actor/comedian!

I think the happiest day will be 29 July 08. That is when my son and his girl friend are coming back from the States after working there for almost 2 years. He is coming back to finish his studies. When he is finished he will be an engineer in environmental protection.

There have been so many happiest days of my life: when I had my first day in elementary school (I felt soooo big), when I found out that I could play the viola as good as I can...and so on.

THet saddest day is definiteley the day my hamster dies last summer. I took him a whole day to leave and I sat in front of his cage together with my best friend and my sister and we all cried. I still miss him ( Jimmy was his name).

But today is one of the best days of my whole life, to end positive: I joined an awesome band and we have our first gig on monday in front of 1500 people! I'm so exited and happy!

There have been so many happiest days of my life: when I had my first day in elementary school (I felt soooo big), when I found out that I could play the viola as good as I can...and so on.

THet saddest day is definiteley the day my hamster dies last summer. I took him a whole day to leave and I sat in front of his cage together with my best friend and my sister and we all cried. I still miss him ( Jimmy was his name).

But today is one of the best days of my whole life, to end positive: I joined an awesome band and we have our first gig on monday in front of 1500 people! I'm so exited and happy!

Great for you Lucy!! Wish I could see your performance. Enjoy the moment! And may the future have even better moments in store for you!

The saddest? When my grandmother died and when my 18 year old cat died.

The Happiest? - when i got laid for the first time. it wasn't the greatest sex but i was glad i got it out of the way. And i when i got a pretty girlfriend for the first time.

Great for you Lucy!! Wish I could see your performance. Enjoy the moment! And may the future have even better moments in store for you!

Same wish to you!

I'm looking forward to a long live full of great moments! At least I hope so; but over us all a little rain must fall...

Happiest: The day my boyfriend first told me he loved me.

And any day that my family is together. It's been 5 years since we all have been and next week we are putting a stop to that 5 years. I am really looking forward to it.

Saddest: Getting to the hospital 5 minutes after my great grandmother had passed away, and she was alone. The day my grandfather told me that he was dying and he wasnt scared to go and knew it was happening soon....followed by the day of his funeral.

My cat of 22 years, which first belonged to my great grandmother died. Lost a part of the family.

Same wish to you!

I'm looking forward to a long live full of great moments! At least I hope so; but over us all a little rain must fall...

Thank you Lucy, and well said. Yes, who appreciates the sun without the rain? And how do you appreciate the rain without the sun. You are right...life is cyclic...and pain makes us appreciate joy. Joy to you and yours! We have to savor every moment...

Archived