Plant on Zeppelin Tour-Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

In reading the article, seems to me that Robert's reaction was him being tired of being asked the same question over and over again. It is a bit disrespectful to ask the same old question when they clearly wanna talk about their current project.

The sunshine girl is cute :D Until Robert is finished with his current commitments we will not get a straight answer about playing with Led Zeppelin again. Until he says "NO I will not be playing with Led Zeppelin again" I will remain hopeful.

In reading the article, seems to me that Robert's reaction was him being tired of being asked the same question over and over again. It is a bit disrespectful to ask the same old question when they clearly wanna talk about their current project.

Your being to kind! In my opinion Plant is simply direspecting Zeppelin as usual. The funny thing is that he will go and sing Zeppelin songs in concert the same night! Two-faced moron

Your being to kind! In my opinion Plant is simply direspecting Zeppelin as usual. The funny thing is that he will go and sing Zeppelin songs in concert the same night! Two-faced moron

Mmmmm.......Plant is a 'two faced moron' and he's disrespecting Zeppelin? I think Plant has shown great integrity and respect to the Zeppelin legacy by repeatedly turning down millions of dollars to get back with JP and JPJ because it doesn't feel artistically and personally right for him.

As you said, he kept singing Zeppelin songs in concert.Why is that direspecting Zeppelin? And with the words "as usual"? LOL.

Accept it, he loves and respects Led Zeppelin. He was a part of it as well, he just doesn't want to repeat it again and again, at least not now.

Yeah, keep wishing Jimmy and Jonesy and Jason would kick him off. How sad it must be for you that they don't think so.

Disrespecting Zeppelin.....please! If anything, he's been most respectful of the Zeppelin legacy.

And why shouldn't he perform Zeppelin songs as part of his setlist? He either wrote or co-wrote most of them. He has every right to perform them in with whomever or in whatever format he chooses just as Jimmy and Jonesy do. B)

I totally agree.

Here's the article in its entirety; Robert's comments in context and read into it what you will:

"Backstage prior to their performance at Toronto's Molson Amphitheatre, Robert Plant and Alison Krauss (and producer T-Bone Burnett) were presented with plaques celebrating the fact Raising Sand was certified Gold and Platinum in Canada.

But when asked by one reporter about the possibility of Led Zeppelin reuniting for a tour, Plant seemed to put the notion to rest in a very comical manner: Pretending to nod off and snore during the question.

"Wake me up when she's gone," Plant quipped.

"I think the song choices were really quite the essential catalysts if you like because if we had the wrong songs we would never have made it," Plant said when asked about the synergy between himself and Krauss.

Plant also said he would be open to exploring more musical avenues in the future but did not confirm any concrete plans.

"I'm just trying to develop taste before it's too late," he said. "I was once the king of cock rock and now I'm saved."

He also stated that they would extend this current tour for as long as they could while Krauss added that the two are talking about continuing working together.

As for the musicians who appear on the album and on tour, Plant says there was definitely something eerie taking place when they got down to work, but eerie in a good sense.

"It was a really great casting of people to create a kind of real spook factor before we even started," Plant said. "It was unbelievable for me really because I didn't figure I'd be there for more than like four days and then I'd have to go somewhere else."

next he'll say Sting decided to tour out of respect for The Police's legacy...

:rolleyes:

Time for Led Zep to fly again without Plant. Let him massacre Zep and disrespect Zep all he wants. The other three should move on with a replacement.

I can understand the fans that don't want to see Led Zep move on without Plant, but those fans have to understand how hard it is for the hardcore fans. Us hardcore fans need our Led Zep!

next he'll say Sting decided to tour out of respect for The Police's legacy...

:rolleyes:

Time for Led Zep to fly again without Plant. Let him massacre Zep and disrespect Zep all he wants. The other three should move on with a replacement.

I can understand the fans that don't want to see Led Zep move on without Plant, but those fans have to understand how hard it is for the hardcore fans. Us hardcore fans need our Led Zep!

Yeah. I was just looking at a clip from the SS tour in Athens last year. They play WLL and Robert sounds much more confident out of the gate than he did with Zep @ the O2. Sometimes I watch that gig and I'm like " great job, Robert". Other times I'm like "he's taking something off of this, he's holding back.". I haven't watched this clip since before the O2. Here it is.

Was Robert kind of going through the motions at the O2? How about Jimmy?

Not likely.

Why not? I thought he was working on new material. He was talking about being ready to put out his album, wasn't he? Also, I saw a new reissue of Outrider will coming out in August according 'eil.com' and his some of new material is going to be in "It Might Get Loud," though at this rate, it will probobly be released before Jimmy even releases his album! I would be thrilled if they reunited again for an album, etc, but I wish Jimmy wouldn't wait for Robert, who is sounds to be extremely difficult a the moment, and go back to working on his album! He doesn't need Robert.

Why not? I thought he was working on new material. He was talking about being ready to put out his album, wasn't he? Also, I saw a new reissue of Outrider will coming out in August according 'eil.com' and his some of new material is going to be in "It Might Get Loud," though at this rate, it will probobly be released before Jimmy even releases his album! I would be thrilled if they reunited again for an album, etc, but I wish Jimmy wouldn't wait for Robert, who is sounds to be extremely difficult a the moment, and go back to working on his album! He doesn't need Robert.

There is something I agree with you, that Jimmy should come out and make something new. If he got new material, a lot of ppl would be happy to hear it.

But there is also another point, that Robert has never asked Jimmy to wait for him. Jimmy can do whatever he want just like Robert. Jimmy is responsible for what he does or not, please don't blame Robert for that.

There is something I agree with you, that Jimmy should come out and make something new. If he got new material, a lot of ppl would be happy to hear it.

But there is also another point, that Robert has never asked Jimmy to wait for him. Jimmy can do whatever he want just like Robert. Jimmy is responsible for what he does or not, please don't blame Robert for that.

AMEN!!!!! :thumbsup:

Here's the article in its entirety; Robert's comments in context and read into it what you will:

"Backstage prior to their performance at Toronto's Molson Amphitheatre, Robert Plant and Alison Krauss (and producer T-Bone Burnett) were presented with plaques celebrating the fact Raising Sand was certified Gold and Platinum in Canada.

But when asked by one reporter about the possibility of Led Zeppelin reuniting for a tour, Plant seemed to put the notion to rest in a very comical manner: Pretending to nod off and snore during the question.

"Wake me up when she's gone," Plant quipped.

"I think the song choices were really quite the essential catalysts if you like because if we had the wrong songs we would never have made it," Plant said when asked about the synergy between himself and Krauss.

Plant also said he would be open to exploring more musical avenues in the future but did not confirm any concrete plans.

"I'm just trying to develop taste before it's too late," he said. "I was once the king of cock rock and now I'm saved."

He also stated that they would extend this current tour for as long as they could while Krauss added that the two are talking about continuing working together.

As for the musicians who appear on the album and on tour, Plant says there was definitely something eerie taking place when they got down to work, but eerie in a good sense.

"It was a really great casting of people to create a kind of real spook factor before we even started," Plant said. "It was unbelievable for me really because I didn't figure I'd be there for more than like four days and then I'd have to go somewhere else."

I wish this interview was on U-tube, etc. By the way, was the reporter that asked a question, a lady? If yes, is Robert being rude?

I wish this interview was on U-tube, etc. By the way, was the reporter that asked a question, a lady? If yes, is Robert being rude?

If anybody was rude it was the interviewer asking about a different band BEFORE the show of a current band. Not polite or cool, even if it is the question everyone always wants an answer to.

You guys bashing Plant are fracking lame. The man can do what he wants. "Hardcore fans?" please. I have liked Zeppelin for over 30 years. I have seen the members of Zep in different projects over a dozen times, etc. Being hardcore has nothing to do with it. So I, while not as hardcore as I once was, know what it is like to long to see Led Zeppelin. Disappointment is one thing, but trashing Robert Plant becasue he does not want to tour with Zep is a joke. The man helped give us music that has enriched our lives in many ways. He is making great music that he and many others enjoy and you flame him for that. How dare you. The man went through a lot back when he was in that band, car crash, the death of John Bonham and most of all his son while he was on the road with the band. So for all of you to sit there and call him names, grill him for playing Zeppelin tunes on the current tour and not doing a big Zep world tour, either lay off Mr. Plant or STFU! He deserves better than that.

Flame on you crazy diamonds...

Mmmmm.......Plant is a 'two faced moron' and he's disrespecting Zeppelin? I think Plant has shown great integrity and respect to the Zeppelin legacy by repeatedly turning down millions of dollars to get back with JP and JPJ because it doesn't feel artistically and personally right for him.

What an interesting post. Here's Plant once again making it clear in a rude manner that he is a SOLO artist, yet, when folks respond to his more provovative nonsense, THEY are dissing Zeppelin?

Plant and his fans want to have their cake, and eat it too.

If he's done with Zeppelin, he should be done with Zeppelin. DONE. NO MORE SINGING LED ZEPPELIN SONGS.

He should cut his hair and let it go grey, while he's at it. He doesn't want to be the Golden God of Cock Rock anymore? Easy - STOP BEING THAT PERSON. Put it in the past where he keeps telling the rest of us it belongs.

Maybe he could even grow a pair and come out and break Jimmy's heart IN PUBLIC, too.

Perhaps there's the rub, huh? It's one thing to consign John Paul Jones to parking cars and playing the lounge at the Holiday Inn, or to disappoint Bonzo's son; it's another to dismiss James Patrick Page, OBE, honorary PHd, beloved and legendary leader of the best rock band in history...

Why should he do those things? Well, for one, because THEN reporters will stop asking about Led Zeppelin. Which apparently is actually the last thing Plant wants. He'd no longer have his cake if that happened, would he?

Excuse me for being one of those who remain underwhelmed by his integrity.

What an interesting post. Here's Plant once again making it clear in a rude manner that he is a SOLO artist, yet, when folks respond to his more provovative nonsense, THEY are dissing Zeppelin?

Plant and his fans want to have their cake, and eat it too.

If he's done with Zeppelin, he should be done with Zeppelin. DONE. NO MORE SINGING LED ZEPPELIN SONGS.

He should cut his hair and let it go grey, while he's at it. He doesn't want to be the Golden God of Cock Rock anymore? Easy - STOP BEING THAT PERSON. Put it in the past where he keeps telling the rest of us it belongs.

Maybe he could even grow a pair and come out and break Jimmy's heart IN PUBLIC, too.

Perhaps there's the rub, huh? It's one thing to consign John Paul Jones to parking cars and playing the lounge at the Holiday Inn, or to disappoint Bonzo's son; it's another to dismiss James Patrick Page, OBE, honorary PHd, beloved and legendary leader of the best rock band in history...

Why should he do those things? Well, for one, because THEN reporters will stop asking about Led Zeppelin. Which apparently is actually the last thing Plant wants. He'd no longer have his cake if that happened, would he?

Excuse me for being one of those who remain underwhelmed by his integrity.

Ouch. Why can't Robert play Zep songs on his own. They're his too. Do you object to the fact Jimmy did an entire tour with the Black Crowes singing Zep songs or somehow is he above the bashing? What's the difference?

Robert long ago gave up the "golden god" role. In fact I'd say in 1982 to be exact when he went on his own. He's not trying to be anything but someone interested in making music. What because his hair is still long he's trying to be a rock god? Jimmy's hair is long too but again, that's okay?

This is all so what's good for the goose is not good for the gander. Maybe Robert doesn't address the critics with a definitive no because he doesn't want to completely close the door. It's clear right now he's focused on this project and why not? He said the 02 show was a one time deal to celebrate Ahmet's life and legacy. It's not like he gave any sort of implications there would be more to it.

Archived