Plant on Zeppelin Tour-Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It just seems that the more he's asked about Zeppelin, the more tour dates he's going to add with Alison. :P He's having a lot of fun right now... it's obvious to anyone who's seen the shows. Why would he want to stop that? Even Jimmy said something how everyone has to be in it for the right reasons. What do people want to see - a Zeppelin reunion tour where Robert just goes through the motions and isn't enjoying himself, or a show like Dec 10th? I would prefer not to see them when they're 70, but I would also rather see a show where they're all having fun on stage together.

can anyone please spell it out to me? :blink::wtf:

I'm just trying to grow as an artist. I was well-known for my bare chest, my hard bulge, my hard rocking boozing partying. I am not getting any younger. Someday soon my chest will sag and so will my bulge. When everything else that I was known for has lost the fight with gravity, in my sagness I would like still have stood the test of time. I do not want to just be remembered as Robert Plant the poster boy of hard bulge and hard rock. Someday when I'm old and withered I would like to look back and say Yes Robert Plant has metamorphosed into an artist with a class act who found a deeper meaning of my craft and my audience still listen to me even though everything else about me has sagged.

Robert is that right?

If I'm Robert, do I.....

Say "No" I won't be joining up with the Zeppelin camp and be the dream crusher of millions of fans, and take the media forcus completely off what I am doing now.

Say "Yes" I will be joining up with the Zep camp, and increase the media focus 20 fold, with focus being on other than what I am doing right now.

Say nothing definitive on Zeppelin, keeping the focus on what I am doing now, throwing in the same bits of humor that I always have, and risk the loss of a few fair weather fans on message boards.

Easy choice, and you don't even need to be in marketing to see it. B)

I'm just trying to grow as an artist. I was well-known for my bare chest, my hard bulge, my hard rocking boozing partying. I am not getting any younger. Someday soon my chest will sag and so will my bulge. When everything else that I was known for has lost the fight with gravity, in my sagness I would like still have stood the test of time. ....Robert is that right?

The Music that he made both within LZ and as a solo artist have stood the test of time. Some of us grew us with it and hold it dear. So, whatever his personal motives for "trying to develop some good taste" are at this point, he does not need to call this Music names. He was born with a taste and will never be able to get rid of it.

I personally dislike bluegrass/soul music. A. Krauss sucks - I think. I DO KNOW that I want a Led Zeppelin Runion tour and would pay/go almost anything/anywhere to do so. Surely RP does not think his new "gig" is a better life than that of the Zep music - it's apples and oranges. If what RP says is true, then he should selflessly think of his former bandmates and fans and do the reunion tour. If it's not the $, then I'll take his share! :)

Led Zeppelin is arguably the best band of all time! Let that not die before its time!

I personally dislike bluegrass/soul music. A. Krauss sucks - I think. I DO KNOW that I want a Led Zeppelin Runion tour and would pay/go almost anything/anywhere to do so. Surely RP does not think his new "gig" is a better life than that of the Zep music - it's apples and oranges. If what RP says is true, then he should selflessly think of his former bandmates and fans and do the reunion tour. If it's not the $, then I'll take his share! :)

Led Zeppelin is arguably the best band of all time! Let that not die before its time!

I don't think Robert is trying to do anything that compares to anything he's done with Zep or on his own. Personally I think he took the right attitude in knowing that Zep was such a monumental experience and there is no topping it so he doesn't try. He just wants to make good music that he's proud of.

God, you newbies and your bullshit....always sounds the same.

Allison Krauss is an amazing performer who makes great music, her material with Robert not excluded. What he is doing is what he wants to do, he's not trying to better Led Zeppelin because he can't. Led Zeppelin died when John Bonham did. It's dead, it's gone, it's done. They did a tribute concert for Ahmet Ertegun, that was it. No more. GET OVER IT.

Time for Led Zep to fly again without Plant. Let him massacre Zep and disrespect Zep all he wants. The other three should move on with a replacement.

I can understand the fans that don't want to see Led Zep move on without Plant, but those fans have to understand how hard it is for the hardcore fans. Us hardcore fans need our Led Zep!

listen, i was at The o2 arena for the best concert of my life, replacing Bonzo with his son was hard enough, replacing Robert and moving on, please dont make me laugh, its like saying replace jimmy with another guitarist......yeah, not possible, lets just hold on, wait, things will happen in the future, good things come to those who wait, thins with Led Zeppelin seem to come like their live music, with a very very big bash. :)

The Music that he made both within LZ and as a solo artist have stood the test of time. Some of us grew us with it and hold it dear.

For sure.

He was born with a taste and will never be able to get rid of it.

Totally.

I'm with you.

But do you think maybe he's also trying to reach out to a broader audience like people of different music genres? In Toronto, I came across a few people who went to the concert for Allison Krauss. I think at his age he doesn't just want to be identified as a rock star. Paul McCartney, Bono and many others had done it before him. PM with his classical album, Bono worked with Pavarotti, Rod Stewart with his 50's remakes, etc etc. I sound like a broken record with Rolling Stones, but just look at them well approaching 70's and still singing the same old tunes. Anyway, IMO.

The guy is experimenting, reinventing himself, it just so happens that this project with AK hit the right notes. He's certainly put bluegrass out of oblivion. He must know himself how great they Led Zep are, but just don't want to get stuck there. I wonder what the people who used to call them devil-worshipping drug addicts say now when they see Robert Plant. Probably the same thing .... (kidding). Who knows maybe some of them were red necks from Nashville...?

Replying to thread title.... "Plant on Zeppelin Tour-Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" :

Zillionth thread on Plant/Zep Reunion- ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

but what the hell, I'll reply anyway...

I was responding to this notion that it's so boooooorrrrrrinnnnngg for him to be mistaken for that guy from 1970's Led Zeppelin, and suggesting a possible fix for that.

The point is, if he wants to change all of this, he CAN. Right now. He's being visited by media on a regular basis, isn't he?

But he doesn't. Wonder why?

Why would Jimmy ask Plant not to say anything? This coy crap benefits Plant and Kraus and that band, not Jimmy, John Paul and Jason. Interest in Zeppelin would skyrocket even higher if we all knew they were getting back together. Interest in Plant/Kraus/Burnett would drop off if people knew Plant was coming to town next year with Zeppelin.

I think you answered your own question.

At last! I understand! It's HIS HAIR that makes him cock rock! Just the hair! So if he wants to shed the cock rock image, he has to change his HAIR - and hey presto - a serious artist who can walk away from a band who split 28 years ago and not get yelled at!

Why didn't I (or he) see that before?

This stuff shouldn't be that hard for an international super star with a 50 year career behind him, 'scuse me for saying, I'm sure.

Oh and of course, since he has apparently had a career since he was NINE YEARS OLD - he really should know better!

FFS :rolleyes:

Time for Led Zep to fly again without Plant. Let him massacre Zep and disrespect Zep all he wants. The other three should move on with a replacement.

I can understand the fans that don't want to see Led Zep move on without Plant, but those fans have to understand how hard it is for the hardcore fans. Us hardcore fans need our Led Zep!

Yes we are addicts...and their music is our drugs

As long as Robert Plant comes over to my house to play I'm happy; as long as he doesn't say anything mean. I only let my nice friends come over. Come to think of it, that was a pretty decent glass of wine that I had with the seared ahi and romaine salad tonight.

listen, i was at The o2 arena for the best concert of my life, replacing Bonzo with his son was hard enough, replacing Robert and moving on, please dont make me laugh, its like saying replace jimmy with another guitarist......yeah, not possible, lets just hold on, wait, things will happen in the future, good things come to those who wait, thins with Led Zeppelin seem to come like their live music, with a very very big bash. :)

Funny thing, Robert keeps replacing the whole fucking band...

Replying to thread title.... "Plant on Zeppelin Tour-Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" :

Zillionth thread on Plant/Zep Reunion- ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

but what the hell, I'll reply anyway...

I think you answered your own question.

Well, yeah, I know the answer. I'm trying to get his fans to catch a clue as to why his behavior is self-serving and therefore annoying to some.

There is a difference between self-directed and self-serving. Robert Plant is usually a very generous person.

Yes, there is a difference.

Trying to think who else Robert is helping by acting like a baby when asked the inevitable question, even though it's him who's being served by not giving a concrete answer in the first place.

Not answering is helpful for everyone in the Revue right now, but of course that helps Robert, too.

Being a child about it seems self indulgent no matter which way I slice it, though.

Archived