One question about Jimmy

Spacewoman

I was surfing the net and in one other forum I have read, that Jimmy reputedly received some death threats in 1977 while LZ were in USA on tour and he had a bodyguard. I was really scared- is it true?

Does anybody know something more about it, please? Thanks very much! :):thanku:

What about you, Steve A.Jones- you know everything, you are like an encyklopedia! :)

Every information will be appreciated! :)

I was surfing the net and in one other forum I have read, that Jimmy reputedly received some death threats in 1977 while LZ were in USA on tour and he had a bodyguard. I was really scared- is it true?

What about you, Steve A.Jones- you know everything, you are like an encyklopedia! :)

Certainly the USA was a dangerous place throughout the late 60s and 70s - according to Richard Cole one of the Manson Family attempted to make contact with Jimmy at some stage.

Were there any specific threats? I'm not sure. Jimmy did have a personal assistant on the 77 tour as well as John Bindon coming on as head of security on that tour.

One of the other forum members has already referred to Lynette Squeaky Frome's creepy attempt to see Jimmy in Los Angeles (March 1975) a few months before she attempted to assasinate President Ford. Richard Cole recalls a youth throwing himself

onto the hood of their limo and exclaiming something like "Jimmy, Jesus is here!" You

can just imagine the lunatic fringe he encountered whilst touring, to say nothing of

specific threats.

One of the other forum members has already referred to Lynette Squeaky Frome's creepy attempt to see Jimmy in Los Angeles (March 1975) a few months before she attempted to assasinate President Ford. Richard Cole recalls a youth throwing himself

onto the hood of their limo and exclaiming something like "Jimmy, Jesus is here!" You

can just imagine the lunatic fringe he encountered whilst touring, to say nothing of

specific threats.

Thanks very much for your help. Thank you all ! :thanku:

I heard about that. What I heard is that there were a lot of jealous boyfriends that had it in for Jimmy for stealing their girlfriends. I also heard that Jimmy pissed off some dealers for not paying them what he owed them.

In my opinion, if you read the stories, Jimmy should have been more concerned about his health than anything else in life. It is also my opinion that hadn't it not been for Karac Plant's death (R.I.P. Karac Plant) that would eventually cancel the rest of the tour in late July 1977, I'm not sure if Jimmy would have survived the rest of the 77 tour. John Bonham wasn't in any better shape than Jimmy was. The 77 Tour showed some of the band's greatest moments ever, but it would also expose the toll that the drugs would take on the band. ROCK ON!

What I heard is that there were a lot of jealous boyfriends that had it in for Jimmy for stealing their girlfriends.

No wonder! Jimmy was so sexy... so gorgeous... so talented....

I think that only a few boyfriends could compare to him. This would every boyfriend make jealous :lol: :lol:

:thanku:

Led Wallet... :rolleyes:

Interesting topic huh? As hard as it seems to believe, IT IS ALL TRUE! I remember seeing a LED ZEPP biography on VH1 which I recorded and how Steven Tyler of Aerosmith stressed how pissed off that he was that Jimmy stole his girlfriend. Steven later said that Jimmy was such a bitchin' guitar player, that he couldn't hold it against him. What does that tell you?

Archived