Page/Jones/Bonham/Coverdale

chunga

Robert Plant out.

Did I miss something?

Planty most likely will never tour with Jones and Page. Accept it. He rather play North African blues and/or bluegrass, or whatever his daughter is currently listening to.

(okay, I'm gonna lie down now and take a rest...)

;)

If David would sing in the style he did circa 1978, without all the screaming and cursing this could be something special. Coverdale is one of the greats when he wants to.

Planty most likely will never tour with Jones and Page. Accept it. He rather play North African blues and/or bluegrass, or whatever his daughter is currently listening to.

(okay, I'm gonna lie down now and take a rest...)

;)

Since when are Page And Jones touring, or does the "guest appearance" count as the start of a concert tour?

The trouble with a lot of people on this forum is they are too one dimensional and don't try to appreciate other forms of music.

Talk about discrimination.

Of course I would see it. Just to see Jimmy on stage would be worth the price of admission. The latest Whitesnake album has revived Coverdale's career so I seriously doubt their will be a line-up with him in the next year. Same with Paul Rodgers. Rodgers is doing good business with Queen and a revived Bad Company so I see little chance of that happening.

I would go see "An Evening of Led Zeppelin music" with the 3 Js if they wanted to perform instrumental pieces of Zeppelin songs. I'm sure others would, too. It'd be a great way to warm up the 3Js and get them out there to the fans. Plant can tag along for the one-offs when he's not on the road or studio with Alison or Strange Sensation. :)

R B)

Absolutely, but a Page/Jones/Bonham/Coverdale lineup will never happen.

I think they would be farther ahead to just go out and find a nobody who can sing Robert note for note and bring him along. It sounds stupid, but it's kind of working for Journey currently and it sort of worked for Judas Priest with Ripper Owens. I would go along with that as long as it wasn't something ignorant, like the Rock Star shows for INXS and Stupidnova a few years ago.

In answer to the question, yes I probably would go see LZ with Coverdale, although I'm not a huge fan of his. I saw him in Deep Purple after Gillan and was disappointed.

I would go see "An Evening of Led Zeppelin music" with the 3 Js if they wanted to perform instrumental pieces of Zeppelin songs. I'm sure others would, too. It'd be a great way to warm up the 3Js and get them out there to the fans. Plant can tag along for the one-offs when he's not on the road or studio with Alison or Strange Sensation. :)

R B)

I like the idea of that :thumbsup:

And I still say Jason should show off his singing ability. It would be a great opportunity...imo, he's better than Phil Collins that's for sure :D

I would LOVE to see Jones and Page do anything together. Add on Jason, and it sounds like a fine night to me. Plant can do whatever he wants, but him saying no doesn't mean that we can't see the rest of them make some beautiful music. I vote yes. Not that it means anything... much like a vote in a red or blue state.

I doubt it, myself. Page probably wouldn't want to call it Led Zeppelin, but the press and every fan on the planet would insist that it is too a Led Zeppelin reunion tour! I'm fairly certain the reason they excluded Jones from the Unledded project was because they didn't want it to be billed as a Led Zeppelin reunion, but it was anyways. none of the 3 members of Zep would be able to play with any of the other 2 without everyone insisting it was an LZ reunion, and I'm pretty sure none of the members want that.

I doubt it, myself. Page probably wouldn't want to call it Led Zeppelin, but the press and every fan on the planet would insist that it is too a Led Zeppelin reunion tour! I'm fairly certain the reason they excluded Jones from the Unledded project was because they didn't want it to be billed as a Led Zeppelin reunion, but it was anyways. none of the 3 members of Zep would be able to play with any of the other 2 without everyone insisting it was an LZ reunion, and I'm pretty sure none of the members want that.

Plus I think it would have been tough to exclude Plant's son in law, Charlie Jones from the band. So that left Jonesy on the outs. That wouldn't have gone over too well with Robert's daughter if he had included JPJ instead of Charlie. Just a possibility.

I've long had my doubts over the reason being solely "family". Although this may have been the excuse, if you recall the line-up, the orchestral arranger and keyboard position went to Ed Shearmur. If the only reason was "family" that doesn't explain why JPJ didn't get the arranger and keyboardist position. Remember at Live Aid, JPJ played keyboards while Paul Martinez played bass, so it's not as if JPJ had previously refused to work with such an arrangement.

Plus I think it would have been tough to exclude Plant's son in law, Charlie Jones from the band. So that left Jonesy on the outs. That wouldn't have gone over too well with Robert's daughter if he had included JPJ instead of Charlie. Just a possibility.

Instead of Coverdale, who once I needed hearing aids, might do an acceptable job. Let's think out side the box the box for a few. Why not get Ann wilson of Heart to do the job? For that matter include her sister Nancy. I've seen Heart do LZ songs live and loved it. Can you imagine what those two would bring to the table? At least there would be a respect for the music. I'm thinking it's a no brainer.

:notworthy:

wow, ann & nancy wilson did a fantastic job on battle of evermore. great link! alison krauss was just as incredible on the female vocal on that song (performed it w/robert at msg in june).

i would see any member of LZ play...solo, together, whatever. but, i can't see them doing a tour with coverdale while robert is still alive and kicking. it would seem in rather bad taste for them to do that, i think.....

Archived