The Who to tour USA this October...

Wolfman

The Who has announced a North American tour in North America for the months of October and November.

The band will kick off the tour on October 21 in Detroit at the Palace of Auburn Hills and wrap up with two nights at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles on November 8 and 9.

When speaking about tour, singer Roger Daltry expressed, "We don't want to stop...We don't want those long hiatuses that we used to have…You should at least keep the ball rolling."

Before the tour begins, The Who will be honored at VH1’s Rock Honors tomorrow (July 17th) on VH1.

The tour dates are as follows:

Detroit, MI, Palace of Auburn Hills – October 21

Hamilton, ON, Copps Coliseum – 22

Boston, MA, TD Banknorth Garden – 24

Philadelhpia, PA, Wachovia Center – 26

Uncasville, CT, Mohegan Sun Arena – 28

East Rutherford, NJ, Izod Center - 29

Atlantic City, NJ, The Borgata - 31

Washington, DC, Verizon Center – November 3

Los Angeles, CA, Nokia Theatre – 8

Los Angeles, CA, Nokia Theatre – 9

Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I... I mean... weeeh? When are scientists gonna figure out how to reanimate dead flesh so the Who can really start touring? Cuz I mean really... Pete has been kinder stiff... Oh, plus Zombie Ox would probably be rockin'. It would give new meaning to Rigor Mortis Sets In. Or some other awesome reference to his solo work.

I caught the VH1 Rock Honors show last night on tv honoring The Who and they were pretty good. Roger's voice isn't what it used to be but Pete and him both rocked out pretty good for being over 60! The show was pretty good with the Foo Fighters, Flaming Lips, Incubus and Pearl Jam singing The Who songs. I thought Pearl Jam did the best of the bands covering The Who songs although the last song the Foo's played with Gaz Coombes of "Supergrass" was great!

I saw on Yahoo news earlier that apparently Roger and Pete have fallen out! They've argued over what should/should not be played on the forthcoming US tour.

Read the report Here

On the VH1 Rock Honors show last night on tv, Roger and Pete both said something about not getting along with each other and stuff like that. Roger said what was important was the music. You can go to this link and view the snipet they play between songs:

http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?id=159...&vid=256138

On the VH1 Rock Honors show last night on tv, Roger and Pete both said something about not getting along with each other and stuff like that. Roger said what was important was the music. You can go to this link and view the snipet they play between songs:

http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?id=159...&vid=256138

They've always had a volatile relationship. I should have written Roger and Pete have fallen out again! :)

I caught the VH1 Rock Honors show last night on tv honoring The Who and they were pretty good. Roger's voice isn't what it used to be but Pete and him both rocked out pretty good for being over 60! The show was pretty good with the Foo Fighters, Flaming Lips, Incubus and Pearl Jam singing The Who songs. I thought Pearl Jam did the best of the bands covering The Who songs although the last song the Foo's played with Gaz Coombes of "Supergrass" was great!

i'm with you-kickass show. i almost cried to watch roger daltrey when he couldn't sing, but pete was a riffmachine, blasting out a premium performance.

incubus was really good too, they rest of the bands were all good, actually.

• 2 weeks later...

I was out of the country when tix went on sale for the DC show. It's just as well. $80.00 per ticket to sit in the nose bleed. There are premium packages for $505.00 per ticket, which includes a t-shirt, a seat within the first 10 rows and $50.00 to spend at the on-line store.

Archived