U.S. Vice President 2008

allthekingshorses

Hillary would have been the better pick to insure Obama the Presidency. I wish he had picked her because it is more important to get America back under Democratic leadership at this point, then look for the "best" choice. While i believe Biden is the best choice (and would have made the best President) i like Hillary and i know she would have been a great choice, too. If i have any criticism towards Obama, it's what you said, he should have gone with the "sure thing". You DO know (and i didn't hear the comment) if Biden said it, he said it for the same reason i mentioned.

I found myself finally fully respecting Obama because he DIDN'T choose her, though as a Hillary supporter (imagine her opposite Charles Gibson, now that would be a great contrast to see, wouldn't it?) I was disappointed at first. However, clearly Obama (or Barack, since we seem to be on a first name basis in e-mails and text messages :) ) is willing to rise or fall on his own merits. One cannot say the same for that sad old man, John McCain.

I fully expect Ms. Clinton to have a high level position in his government, and be Biden's running mate, or the Democrat nominee, in 8 years time.

Hey dems did you hear Biden's little comment yesterday about how he thinks Hilrod would have been a better VP pick than him?

Obama-Biden = Gaffe machine!!

:lol:

Yeah, absolutly hysterical.

At first I thought the tape was of something he might have said months ago. Maybe he is planning to fall on his own sword in hopes the Obama changes his mind and picks Hillary as a "do over" choice.

I'm sure the Dems are having a lot of buyers remors over the Biden disaster of a political choice.

Liberals... more fun than a barrel of masturbating monkeys.

I found myself finally fully respecting Obama because he DIDN'T choose her, though as a Hillary supporter (imagine her opposite Charles Gibson, now that would be a great contrast to see, wouldn't it?) I was disappointed at first. However, clearly Obama (or Barack, since we seem to be on a first name basis in e-mails and text messages :) ) is willing to rise or fall on his own merits. One cannot say the same for that sad old man, John McCain.

I fully expect Ms. Clinton to have a high level position in his government, and be Biden's running mate, or the Democrat nominee, in 8 years time.

Either way, with Clinton or Biden, our country would be on the right track. Let us pray (lol, i'm Athiest) that Obama wins this election. I have been overly verbal in my opinions and starting to tire of speaking to the other side. I can't comprehend why they would want the McPinnocchio (compliments of One Drop) and Stalin team after the last two terms of running our country into the grave. Dare i use the "I" word...no i will refrain.

Her interview with Charlie was laughable, but you would hope eye opening to her admirers. You would hope.

SunChild, I love your sig. I sent it to some friends!

Edit: after posting this, i adopted your sig!

Edited by ~tangerine~

Yeah, absolutly hysterical.

At first I thought the tape was of something he might have said months ago. Maybe he is planning to fall on his own sword in hopes the Obama changes his mind and picks Hillary as a "do over" choice.

I'm sure the Dems are having a lot of buyers remors over the Biden disaster of a political choice.

Liberals... more fun than a barrel of masturbating monkeys.

I think the Republicans are the ones who should be having buyers remorse over Palin. The more we learn about her, the scarier it gets. She didn't know What the Bush Doctrine was. And Yeah, I'm sure you all thought her answer was great. But it was obvious she didn't know.

She has been to 4 countries one of those being Canada. She got her first passport in 2006.

Her husband was a member of the AIP. Unpatriotic anyone? Oh but I bet he wears his flag pin now! He must have not been proud of his Country! ***Gasps***

What woman in her right mind gets on a plane and travels for 7 hours after her water has broken!?! Decision maker?

Aerial hunting of wolves is ok?

Drill our way to lower prices? That oil won't be ready for years!

Anti-choice. If your 13 year old child is raped and gets pregnant, is she willing to give you and your child the choice of what to do? That's a question, she apparently doesn't feel comfortable answering... I'll take that as a no. She understands McCain's view, but it isn't hers... so, if she ends up President, guess what? Women won't have the right to choose to keep there father's baby if he decides to rape her and get her pregnant. But they will still have the right to end an innocent life in war!

What are you people thinking! Yes, McCain is running. But his health is a massive issue and she could potentially be our President! GET A CLUE!

Why would I have buyers remorse over Joe Biden? I love the guy and have read his book about 4 times. If he had lasted through the primaries and it was he and Obama going for the nomination, I would have been torn on who to choose. I think they're both great men and if elected, will serve this country very well.

I don't understand why Republicans are all of a sudden saying "oh, you should be worried/scared/nervous/afraid" or that we should have "buyer's remorse/second thoughts". I stick with my candidate through to the end, even if the end isn't an end I like. I did it with Gore in 2000, Kerry in 2004 and will do it with Obama now. Why jump ship when things look a little rocky? Did any Republicans jump ship when Obama had a small lead? No, they stayed with their guy. Shouldn't that be admired anymore? Not being a bandwagoner or fickle?

If Obama wins or if McCain wins, I won't regret on November 5th having chosen who I am supporting. A lot of people my age may be disillusioned or upset if the end result isn't what they want, but if you have ideals and a vision for what this country can be, you stick with them and keep pressing until it happens. Don't know any other way to do it.

Why would I have buyers remorse over Joe Biden? I love the guy and have read his book about 4 times. If he had lasted through the primaries and it was he and Obama going for the nomination, I would have been torn on who to choose. I think they're both great men and if elected, will serve this country very well.

Speaking of the human "gaff-machine" Joe Biden, here a video of him asking Chuck Graham to stand up and take a bow...

although everyone knows, and it is pretty clear that Chuck Graham is confinded to a wheel chair.

DOH!!

Yep, really great choice for a vice commander in chief.

As opposed to the schmuck we've had for 8 years....who whenever he speaks, sounds like Sgt. Hulka after being blown out of the rope tower.

Joe Biden overcame his stutter in his adolescence. GWB never had the smarts to get some help, lol.

Biden was also born with intelligence. Just one of his many traits that make him great. He has a gift for gab, but at least he knows what he's talking about. His values are all above standard as well. You see, this is the problem. When Americans choose a President because they want to have a beer with him, we wind up with some drunken fool running our country (or is that just a stutter?) :)

OTOH, some say GWB got elected because of his "personality". I just don't see one.

I think the Republicans are the ones who should be having buyers remorse over Palin. The more we learn about her, the scarier it gets. She didn't know What the Bush Doctrine was. And Yeah, I'm sure you all thought her answer was great. But it was obvious she didn't know.

She has been to 4 countries one of those being Canada. She got her first passport in 2006.

Her husband was a member of the AIP. Unpatriotic anyone? Oh but I bet he wears his flag pin now! He must have not been proud of his Country! ***Gasps***

What woman in her right mind gets on a plane and travels for 7 hours after her water has broken!?! Decision maker?

Anti-choice. If your 13 year old child is raped and gets pregnant, is she willing to give you and your child the choice of what to do? That's a question, she apparently doesn't feel comfortable answering... I'll take that as a no. She understands McCain's view, but it isn't hers... so, if she ends up President, guess what? Women won't have the right to choose to keep there father's baby if he decides to rape her and get her pregnant. But they will still have the right to end an innocent life in war!

What are you people thinking! Yes, McCain is running. But his health is a massive issue and she could potentially be our President! GET A CLUE!

I can't remember ever disliking another human (except for the big cheesehead who is almost out the door) as i do this creature. She reminds me of a REDNECK, lol. Enough said... :) :) :) I think i have posted ever nauseating detail on her out there. People need to educate themselves on her before they vote for her (since McCain is due to dry up any time now). I can predict this fairly well, i work with the Geriatric population.

I like everything about her, especially her view on abortion. She is the best thing in the Republican Party since Ronald Reagan.

I can't remember ever disliking another human [sarah Palin] (except for the big cheesehead who is almost out the door) as i do this [sarah Palin] creature. She reminds me of a REDNECK, lol. Enough said... :) :) :)

Yea, you liberals are such kind and respectful people. All of a sudden your words sound like the cackling shrieks of the wicked witch in the wizard of oz. Calling Governor Sarah Palin a "creature" and a horrible human being, only shows the depth of your hatred and that it is you are in a moral vaccum.

Sarah Palin is a decent woman, a good wife and mother, and beloved by the people of the State that she serves.

I think i have posted ever nauseating detail on her out there. People need to educate themselves on her before they vote for her (since McCain is due to dry up any time now). I can predict this fairly well, i work with the Geriatric population.

Please do. Your bile and hatred are only making more people look at this woman and the walk away loving her for her principles and her devotion to those principles. People like you are the BEST advertisement for a McCain/Palin victory.

Yea, you liberals are such kind and respectful people. All of a sudden your words sound like the cackling shrieks of the wicked witch in the wizard of oz. Calling Governor Sarah Palin a "creature" and a horrible human being, only shows the depth of your hatred and that it is you are in a moral vaccum.

Sarah Palin is a decent woman, a good wife and mother, and beloved by the people of the State that she serves.

Please do. Your bile and hatred are only making more people look at this woman and the walk away loving her for her principles and her devotion to those principles. People like you are the BEST advertisement for a McCain/Palin victory.

LOVE IS BLIND. I don't love her, so i see her for the truth that she shares in her speeches (that btw...full of Obama/Biden bashing) void of any PLANS for CHANGE in this country. For anyone to LOVE this woman who was practically unknown last month, picked after McCain met her during her trip to sue the Bush Admin over their desire to make the polar bear endangered, and then i hear McCain "googled" her name to find her. PATHETIC. It's distate and fear of her (because if she gets into office, GWB will probably look like a saint in comparison). I don't hate, i never used that word, but you love her as if she's a famous actress. It's quite sad. I said this twice already, if she was fat, old or ugly, you Repubs would not be so goo goo over her. Given the exact same person, just not the pretty face.

How is it you know how good a wife she is, lol. You see the facade...just like people who think they know celebrities. Then we find out the truth, as time goes on.

You have the nerve to smear Joe Biden, a proven record and well respected politician (hard to say that about the majority) and praise a woman with plenty of skeletons coming out of the closet. Read what Alaskans think of her, not all love her either. Many do not.

and btw...the overly large print shows your arrogance and anger. lol. if this team wins, the majority of Americans are not victorious.

LOVE IS BLIND. I don't love her, so i see her for the truth that she shares in her speeches (that btw...full of Obama/Biden bashing) void of any PLANS for CHANGE in this country. For anyone to LOVE this woman who was practically unknown last month, picked after McCain met her during her trip to sue the Bush Admin over their desire to make the polar bear endangered, and then i hear McCain "googled" her name to find her. PATHETIC. It's distate and fear of her (because if she gets into office, GWB will probably look like a saint in comparison). I don't hate, i never used that word, but you love her as if she's a famous actress. It's quite sad. I said this twice already, if she was fat, old or ugly, you Repubs would not be so goo goo over her. Given the exact same person, just not the pretty face.

What the hell are talking about. Would you mind explaining to us why it is that Barrack Obama has risen to almost rock star status? They guy has never sponsered any significant legislation and he basically won his Senate seat because the opposing canidate had defaulted.

You worship this guy like he is hero, when the only true hero in the race is McCain.

You have the nerve to smear Joe Biden, a proven record and well respected politician

I don't come anywhere saying anything as vile as you have and others have said about Palin. But I don't repsect Biden's ultra-liberal voting record one bit. And his ideas about getting out of Iraq in defeat were simply a discrace.

and btw...the overly large print shows your arrogance and anger. lol. if this team wins, the majority of Americans are not victorious.

:lol: the overly large print was to highlight YOUR bigoted and hateful comments towards Sarah Palin.

Sorry, but they are your words and you will need to own them... no matter what size font they are.

What the hell are talking about. Would you mind explaining to us why it is that Barrack Obama has risen to almost rock star status? They guy has never sponsered any significant legislation and he basically won his Senate seat because the opposing canidate had defaulted.

You worship this guy like he is hero, when the only true hero in the race is McCain.

Statistics: Barack Obama has sponsored 136 bills since Jan 4, 2005, of which 122 haven't made it out of committee and 2 were successfully enacted. Obama has co-sponsored 659 bills during the same time period.

Statistics: John McCain has sponsored 537 bills since Jan 21, 1993, of which 340 haven't made it out of committee and 31 were successfully enacted. McCain has co-sponsored 1232 bills during the same time period.

Now, Barack hasn't been in the US SENATE as long as McCain and please take a look at the facts. Barack is a hard working Senator.

"The Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act

Introduced by Sen. John McCain in May 2005, and cosponsored by Sen. Edward Kennedy. Barack Obama added three amendments to this bill.

While the bill was never voted on in the Senate, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Acts of 2006 and 2007, respectively, drew heavily upon the wording of this bill.

The Lugar-Obama Cooperative Threat Reduction.

Introduced by Sen. Barack Obama, Sen. Dick Lugar and Sen. Tom Coburn.

First introduced in November 2005 and enacted in 2007, this bill expanded upon the successful Nunn-Lugar threat reduction, which helped secure weapons of mass destruction and related infrastructure in former Soviet Union states.

Lugar-Obama expanded this nonproliferation program to conventional weapons -- including shoulder-fired rockets and land mines. When the bill received $48 million in funding, Obama said, "This funding will further strengthen our ability to detect and intercept illegal shipments of weapons and materials of mass destruction, enhancing efforts to prevent nuclear terrorism."

Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act of 2006

This act of Congress, introduced by Senators Obama and Coburn, required the full disclosure of all entities or organizations receiving federal funds in FY2007.

Despite a "secret hold" on this bill by Senators Ted Stevens and Robert Byrd, the act passed into law and was signed by President Bush. The act had 43 cosponsors, including John McCain.

The act created this Web site, which provides citizens with valuable information about government-funded programs.

Democratic Republic of the Congo Relief, Security, and Democracy Promotion Act

This law helped specify US policy toward the Congo, and states that the US should work with other donor nations to increase international contributions to the African nation.

The bill marked the first federal legislation to be enacted with Obama as its primary sponsor. Following this legislation's passage, Obama toured Africa, traveling to South Africa, Kenya, Djibouti, Ethiopia and Chad. He spoke forcefully against ethnic rivalries and political corruption in Kenya.

Honest Leadership and Open Government Act

In the first month of the 110th Congress, Obama worked with Sen. Russ Feingold to pass this law, which amends and strengthens the Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995.

Specificially, the changes made by Obama and Feingold requires public disclosure of lobbying activity and funding, places more restrictions on gifts for members of Congress and their staff, and provides for mandatory disclosure of earmarks in expenditure bills.

The House passed the bill, 411-8, on July 31. The Senate approved it, 83-14, on Aug. 2. At the time, Obama called it "the most sweeping ethics reform since Watergate."

Deceptive Practices and Voter Intimidation Prevention Act

Following the Republican-sponsored voter intimidation tactics seen in mostly black counties in Maryland during the 2006 midterm elections, Obama worked with Sen. Chuck Schumer to introduce this bill.

The bill has been referred to the United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary. Obama said of the bill, "This legislation would ensure that for the first time, these incidents are fully investigated and that those found guilty are punished."

The Obama-McCain Climate Change Reduction Bill

The Obama-McCain bill, which is co-sponsored by Sen. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn., would cut emissions by two-thirds by 2050.

Iraq War De-Escalation Act of 2007

Introduced by Obama, this binding act would stop the planned troop increase of 21,500 in Iraq, and would also begin a phased redeployment of troops from Iraq with the goal of removing all combat forces by March 31, 2008.

Explaining the bill, Obama said it reflects his view that the problems in Iraq do not have a military solution. "Our troops have performed brilliantly in Iraq, but no amount of American soldiers can solve the political differences at the heart of somebody else's civil war," Obama said.

Amendments to the 2008 Defense Authorization Bill

Obama worked with Sen. Kit Bond to limit, through this bill, the Pentagon’s use of personality disorder discharges in the FY 2008 Defense Authorization bill.

This provision would add additional safeguards to discharge procedures and require a thorough review by the Government Accountability Office. This followed news reports that the Pentagon inappropriately used these procedures to discharge service members with service-connected psychological injuries.

"With thousands of American service members suffering day in and day out from the less visible wounds of war, reports that the Pentagon has improperly diagnosed and discharged service members with personality disorders are deeply disturbing," said Senator Obama. "This provision will add additional safeguards to the Department of Defense’s use of this discharge and mandate a comprehensive review of these policies."

The Comprehensive Nuclear Threat Reduction provision

Working with Sen. Hagel and Rep. Adam Schiff, Obama authored this provision, which would require the president to develop a comprehensive plan for ensuring that all nuclear weapons and weapons-usable material at vulnerable sites around the world are secure by 2012 from the threats that terrorists have shown they can pose.

A provision from the Obama-Hagel bill was passed by Congress in December 2007 as an amendment to the State-Foreign Operations appropriations bill.

"It is imperative that we build and sustain a truly global effort under an aggressive timeline to secure, consolidate, and reduce stockpiles of nuclear weapons and weapons-usable material to keep them out of the wrong hands. The comprehensive nuclear threat reduction plan required by this provision is an important step in that effort," Obama said of the provision."

Edited by allthekingshorses