U.S. Vice President 2008

allthekingshorses

Oh! I don't think it affects her inability at all! :)

:D

She surely energized the party. I don't know if it will be enough to get the Hilary fanbase though, and that was the intent behind her nomination. I don't see any Dems jumping ship for her B)

She's an insult to the Hillary fan base... someone who thinks it's ok for women do die carrying their rapist's kid is hardly what feminists are about. Someone who thinks it's cool for her own teenaged daughter to be forced into marriage and motherhood because Mommy doesn't believe in birth control, sex education or the right to choose is not what feminists are about. Someone who thinks regular hockey moms out there have no right to privacy, who can stand up and ask for respect for her family's privacy, is not what feminists are about; nor is someone chosen as a token because of her gender by a man who can call his own wife a cunt in public.

The supposed shattering of the glass ceiling this woman is working to bring about boils down to getting more teenaged girls barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. She makes the sexism the Democratic party showed toward Hillary look like enlightenment.

:D

She's an insult to the Hillary fan base... someone who thinks it's ok for women do die carrying their rapist's kid is hardly what feminists are about. Someone who thinks it's cool for her own teenaged daughter to be forced into marriage and motherhood because Mommy doesn't believe in birth control, sex education or the right to choose is not what feminists are about. Someone who thinks regular hockey moms out there have no right to privacy, who can stand up and ask for respect for her family's privacy, is not what feminists are about; nor is someone chosen as a token because of her gender by a man who can call his own wife a cunt in public.

The supposed shattering of the glass ceiling this woman is working to bring about boils down to getting more teenaged girls barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. She makes the sexism the Democratic party showed toward Hillary look like enlightenment.

Another excellent post.

Ann and Nancy Wilson's song, "Barracuda" was played at the RNC when McCain and Palin came out on stage. Today, I heard on NPR that Ann and Nancy Wilson have told them that they do not approve of their song, "Barracuda" being used to promote Palin.

A quote from Nancy Wilson:

"Sarah Palin's views and values in NO WAY represent us as American women. We ask that our song 'Barracuda' no longer be used to promote her image. The song 'Barracuda' was written in the late 70s as a scathing rant against the soulless, corporate nature of the music business, particularly for women. (The 'barracuda' represented the business.) While Heart did not and would not authorize the use of their song at the RNC, there's irony in Republican strategists' choice to make use of it there."

More coverage:

Heart condemns McCain-Palin use of 'Barracuda'

Ann and Nancy Wilson's song, "Barracuda" was played at the RNC when McCain and Palin came out on stage. Today, I heard on NPR that Ann and Nancy Wilson have told them that they do not approve of their song, "Barracuda" being used to promote Palin.

A quote from Nancy Wilson:

More coverage:

Heart condemns McCain-Palin use of 'Barracuda'

Can't the GOP just use "Achilles Last Stand"? B)

I'll bet Heart quits whining when sales of the song go up. Same with Reagan and 'Born In The USA'.

Shut up Bruce!

:lol:

Bruce had every right to be pissed. The song was about how much America sucked and how they treated Vietnam Vets, not about how fucking wonderful and rah-rah this place is. For Reagan to co-opt that for his own needs, not paying any attention to what the song is really about, it was insulting. Furthermore, Bruce Springsteen didn't need some two-bit actor throwing his song around to sell records. He's Bruce Springsteen, not Rick Springfield.

TO HELL WITH Ann and Nancy Wilson! As long as their publisher gets paid for the public playing of their song.... too bad.

They should be glad that one of their sad and crappy songs is getting some playtime. Thank God the RNC didn't play Heart's shitty conver of Zep's "Rock and Roll"

But frankly, what do you care?

People loved Ronald Reagan, he was elected to two terms in office and it's pretty much an established fact that he did fuck all! He was just a figure-head or 'face of the government' he didn't exactly do any governing as President. He left it all up to his administration.

So if Reagan could get away with that and be ridiculously hailed as one of the USA's great Presidents, then surely it doesn't matter if it's Obama

Reagan was a great president. If anyone didn't prosper in the 1980s it was only because they were a stupid and lazy fuckwit. I was a grocery clerk with a high school education and I did just fine... in fact I did great.

... of course I was not a stupid and lazy fuckwit.

I was wondering where you've been?

B)

I have been working hard for peace justice and the American way.

So Red, how hard are you going to laugh on Nov 6 after the Republicans win another Presidency against all odds?

I would think that someone might just get a rope and hang George Soros, Howard Dean, and Ted Kennedy..:lol:

Now wouldn't that be some good entertainment!

enjoy...

Pitbull Owners Blast Palin

Andy Borowitz

Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, who famously compared herself to a pitbull in her vice-presidential acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention, appears to have antagonized a key voting bloc in the upcoming election, the nation's pitbull owners.

While Gov. Palin's assertion that the only difference between a hockey mom and a pitbull was "lipstick" drew a loud ovation from the Republican faithful in St. Paul, it raised the ire of the Pitbull Anti-Defamation League, a powerful association of pitbull fanciers who monitor the portrayal of pitbulls in the media.

"As someone who has owned pitbulls for the past twenty years, my jaw dropped," said Carol Foyler, the group's executive director. "Most of us are thinking the same thing: enough is enough."

Ms. Foyler said that for pitbull owners who have grown weary of their prized dogs being defamed and mistreated, Gov. Palin's wisecrack was the last straw: "We're all like, first the Michael Vick thing, and now this."

Tracy Klugian, an irate pitbull owner from Buffalo, New York, echoed Ms. Foyler's sentiments: "I can think of many differences between pitbulls and Gov. Palin - for starters, pitbulls don't try to get their ex-brothers-in-law fired."

With Sens. Barack Obama (D-Ill) and John McCain (R-Ariz) fighting for every last vote, a coveted voting bloc like pitbull owners could very well decide the 2008 election, political insiders believe.

While Gov. Palin was not available for comment on the pitbull controversy, a spokesperson for the McCain-Palin ticket offered this official statement: "Gov. Palin does in fact have one thing in common with a pitbull: neither is capable of answering questions from reporters."

Andy Borowitz is a comedian and writer whose work appears in The New Yorker and The New York Times, and at his award-winning humor site, BorowitzReport.com.

Since Sarah hasn't given any interviews yet, maybe we can get to know her here with a clip of her at her church... cause we all know how important church's and pastors are in an election.... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG1vPYbRB7k part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k84m2orSOaM...feature=related part 2

After -dick cheney the vp's are now gonna be a big selling point (scary point), forget a third party i guess.(third party :thumbsup:) The surprise of the unknown -palin is interesting i guess. But its also the yin to the yang of this presidential race. I really like the factor that the intelligence is bumped up. Yeah, the vp role should be strong and brought out. Cant wait for the debates, cause the sound bites on the news are making me feel old.

These are the books Sarah Palin wanted banned from her local library. The same Sarah Palin who attended five colleges and whose grades are not being released.

A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle

Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden

As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner

Blubber by Judy Blume

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson

Canterbury Tales by Chaucer

Carrie by Stephen King

Catch-22 by Joseph Heller

Christine by Stephen King

Confessions by Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Cujo by Stephen King

Curses, Hexes, and Spells by Daniel Cohen

Daddy's Roommate by Michael Willhoite

Day No Pigs Would Die by Robert Peck

Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller

Decameron by Boccaccio

East of Eden by John Steinbeck

Fallen Angels by Walter Myers

Fanny Hill (Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure) by John

Cleland

Flowers For Algernon by Daniel Keyes

Forever by Judy Blume

Grendel by John Champlin Gardner

Halloween ABC by Eve Merriam

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling

Have to Go by Robert Munsch

Heather Has Two Mommies by Leslea Newman

How to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas Rockwell

Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou

Impressions edited by Jack Booth

In the Night Kitchen by Maurice Sendak

It's Okay if You Don't Love Me by Norma Klein

James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl

Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence

Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman

Little Red Riding Hood by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm

Lord of the Flies by William Golding

Love is One of the Choices by Norma Klein

Lysistrata by Aristophanes

More Scary Stories in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz

My Brother Sam Is Dead by James Lincoln Collier and Christopher Collier

My House by Nikki Giovanni

My Friend Flicka by Mary O'Hara

Night Chills by Dean Koontz

Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

On My Honor by Marion Dane Bauer

One Day in The Life of Ivan Denisovich by Alexander Solzhenitsyn

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Ordinary People by Judith Guest

Our Bodies, Ourselves by Boston Women's Health Collective

Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy

Revolting Rhymes by Roald Dahl

Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones by Alvin Schwartz

Scary Stories in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz

Separate Peace by John Knowles

Silas Marner by George Eliot

Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain

The Bastard by John Jakes

The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier

The Color Purple by Alice Walker

The Devil's Alternative by Frederick Forsyth

The Figure in the Shadows by John Bellairs

The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck

The Great Gilly Hopkins by Katherine Paterson

The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood