U.S. Vice President 2008

allthekingshorses

ABC News on Good Morning America already debunked this one just this morning.

They report NO specific titles were ever mentioned, only the librarian's policy on removing books.

They debunked the list, but not Sarah's efforts to get certain books banned from the library, regardless of past policy.

oops.

ABC News on Good Morning America already debunked this one just this morning.

They report NO specific titles were ever mentioned, only the librarian's policy on removing books.

I'm usually pretty even keeled about things and try to see where someone's coming from, but few things boil my blood more than the prospect of book banning. Yes, portions of this report have been debunked, but that's due to inevitable 'telephone game' additions being revealed, not because at its core it was untrue. There is no jurisdiction - none - for a politician to have such authority. If Palin's so worried a child will mistakenly run into "Lysistrata" of whatever, well, that's what the children and adult sections are for. But to tell adults what books ought to be available is simply infringing on fundamental rights. Inexcusable.

If there's some truth to the open letter written by that Alaskan lady who was involved with Palin on some issues, there's more to this than a debunked book list.

I have been working hard for peace justice and the American way.

I kinda thought maybe you'd been banned for such activities.

:D

So Red, how hard are you going to laugh on Nov 6 after the Republicans win another Presidency against all odds?

I'll just shake my head and smile as the cameras zoom in on the dejected Dems dugout. B)

(But I still don't want to count my chickens yet.)

I would think that someone might just get a rope and hang George Soros, Howard Dean, and Ted Kennedy..:lol:

Now wouldn't that be some good entertainment!

I'd spare Ted and Howard, but George is another story. :D

Hey, Dogma was great.

But the context the picture was used in I think was uncalled for. It's her right to post it, but I'm just sayin

Interesting...what context are you seeing this in that you consider it uncalled for? I'm genuinely curious. Mine was in the context of the two YouTube videos.

It appeared that you were using Buddy Christ to make fun of Palin and her pastor were you not?

No...explanation below...

It looked like she was making fun of McCain. He's giving the thumbs up in that picture she posted.

They do kinda look alike don't they? :shifty:

Well I watched the YouTube videos earlier in the day and they hit a nerve. Then I watched Larry King Live and that pic of McCain brought it all back. It isn't as bland as a simple making fun of, wanna be drummer, but more of a satirical comment on Palin's use of religion in the political sphere, the rhetoric that goes "God will bless us if we..." and then the blank gets filled in with a wish list a genie would have a hard time covering. A pipeline?? The Iraq war divinely sanctioned??? As a Christian, I find THAT deeply distasteful.

Meanwhile, the very same rhetoric uttered by the 'enemies' and 'heathens' gets shot down.

"Are you the People's Front of Judea?"

"No! We're the Judean People's Front!"

The McCain/Palin ticket is starting to get that air of divine support and it is worth examining. Not every Christian is buying a ticket on that ride. A little satire goes a long way.

As John Nance Garner once so eloquently put it, "the vice-presidency is not worth a bucket of warm piss."

Basically, the VP breaks ties in the Senate, goes to state funerals and waits for the President to die. So just tell her that and she'll be befuddled no more.

I wonder what things would be like if we went back to the original system of the presidential election runner-up becoming vice president. A long-awaited (by some) breakaway from the two-candidate/-ticket politics as usual? Chaos? Something completely different? Discuss.

(I didn't bother to read the thread, so yes, I claim full responsibility for my own obliviousness should anyone have posed the thought already, and approve this message.)

I wonder what things would be like if we went back to the original system of the presidential election runner-up becoming vice president. A long-awaited (by some) breakaway from the two-candidate/-ticket politics as usual? Chaos? Something completely different? Discuss.

(I didn't bother to read the thread, so yes, I claim full responsibility for my own obliviousness should anyone have posed the thought already, and approve this message.)

Interesting. I actually thought about that recently. I think what this country really needs is a Repub/Dem/and Green President (all as co-chairs). Yes, there would be fighting, but maybe they would balance each other out enough for the good of the country. Hey, what do you want from me. I'm a John Lennon lover and still believe peace is possible (in a perfect world)... :)

Hello everyone!

Just a quick query,really. I read and hear everywhere that the vicePresidency isn't worth much/anything/a bucket of warm.. etc. Yet, apparently 7 VP's have becme President in the 20thCentury. There have been 19 presidents in that time-around a one in 3 chance? Is it really so insignificant....

Hello everyone!

Just a quick query,really. I read and hear everywhere that the vicePresidency isn't worth much/anything/a bucket of warm.. etc. Yet, apparently 7 VP's have becme President in the 20thCentury. There have been 19 presidents in that time-around a one in 3 chance? Is it really so insignificant....

Not at all...since electing McCain would make him the oldest President ever. He's had a couple cancerous episodes already, and that toomah on his jaw is starting to jet out like 6 pieces of bazooka bubblegum. Picking Palin was like the Yanks grabbing Joe six pack out of the bleachers to play left-field. When you choose an unknown for your ticket, hard scrutiny deservedly follows. Admiral Stockton here we come !!

Hey dems did you hear Biden's little comment yesterday about how he thinks Hilrod would have been a better VP pick than him?

Obama-Biden = Gaffe machine!!

:lol:

Hillary would have been the better pick to insure Obama the Presidency. I wish he had picked her because it is more important to get America back under Democratic leadership at this point, then look for the "best" choice. While i believe Biden is the best choice (and would have made the best President) i like Hillary and i know she would have been a great choice, too. If i have any criticism towards Obama, it's what you said, he should have gone with the "sure thing". You DO know (and i didn't hear the comment) if Biden said it, he said it for the same reason i mentioned.

Archived