U.S. Vice President 2008

allthekingshorses

That's one I haven't figured out either. If I was going to do it I would open a different window for each poster I wanted to quote then copy and paste the quote to my reply window. There must be an easier way though. :shrugs:

one-drop explained it this way....

If you want to use quotes from multiple posts in your reply, you have to hit "reply" on the first post, and then copy the quote. Then go back to the thread and hit "reply" on the next post you wanna quote. When that reply box opens, paste the first into it and then write your replies to the two quotes.

edited to add...he beat me to it!!... :P

edited a second time to say...your new explanation looks quicker that the one you gave to me...trying to keep the blondes stupid, eh???

The only post i will make here, because it's overload, and god knows listening to anymore lying Repubs talk about a "great pick" when all the women know, you are full of sh*t. You don't truly want this person being your Commander in Chief when the ole geezer (likely will be President number nine) is none longer available. So thanks again to Roger Waters for creating the perfect song for the Repubs/Bush lovers, who apparently just haven't had enough pain...

My slogan: McCain/no brain and Pat Buchanan in a skirt Campaign, lol... i've said my peace...

"Sheep"

Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away

Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air

You better watch out

There may be dogs about

I've looked over Jordan and I have seen

Things are not what they seem.

What do you get for pretending the danger's not real

Meek and obedient you follow the leader

Down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel

What a surprise!

A look of terminal shock in your eyes

Now things are really what they seem

No, this is no bad dream.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want

He makes me down to lie

Through pastures green he leadeth me the silent waters by

With bright knives he releaseth my soul

He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places

He converteth me to lamb cutlets

For lo,m he hath great power and great hunger

When cometh the day we lowly ones

Through quiet reflection and great dedication

Master the art of karate

Lo, we shall rise up

And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water.

Bleating and babbling we fell on his neck with a scream

Wave upon wave of demented avengers

March cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

Have you heard the news?

The dogs are dead!

You better stay home

And do as you're told

Get out of the road if you want to grow old.

Wasn't twice enough times for this? :rolleyes:

Truth hurts, lol. Just like the last eight years of corruption and the demise of my beautiful country has hurt.

Sorry if you don't like Pink Floyd...

How about this one, since if god forbid no brain somehow manages to rig the election and win, we'll need it:

Had Enough Lyrics

Artist(Band):The Who

I've had enough of bein' nice

I've had enough of right and wrong

I've had enough of tryin' to love my brother

I've had enough of bein' good

And doin' everything like i'm told I should

If you need a lover, you'd better find another

Life is for the living

Takers never giving

Suspicion takes the place of trust

My love is turning into lust

If you get on the wrong side of me you better run for cover

I've had enough of bein' trodden on

My passive days are gonna be long gone

If you slap one cheek, well, I ain't gonna turn the other

Life is for the living

Takers never giving

Fooling no one but ourselves

Good is dying

Here comes the end

Here comes the end of the world

I'm gettin' sick of this universe

Ain't gonna get better; it's gonna get worse

And the world's gonna sink with the weight of the human race

Hate and fear in every face

I'm gettin' ready and I've packed my case

If you find somewhere better, can you save my place?

Fooling no one but ourselves

Love is dying

Here comes the end

Here comes the end

Here comes the end of the world

From Real Clear Politics

Sarah Palin vs. Barack Obama

By Gerard Baker

Democrats, between sniggers of derision and snorts of disgust, contend that Sarah Palin, John McCain's vice-presidential pick is ridiculously unqualified to be president.

It's a reasonable objection on its face except for this small objection: it surely needs to be weighed against the Democrats' claim that their own candidate for president is self-evidently ready to assume the role of most powerful person on the planet.

At first blush, here's what we know about the relative experience of the two candidates. Both are in their mid-forties and have held statewide elective office for less than four years. Both have admitted to taking illegal drugs in their youth.

So much for the similarities. How about the differences?

Political experience

Obama: Worked his way to the top by cultivating, pandering to and stroking the most powerful interest groups in the all-pervasive Chicago political machine, ensuring his views were aligned with the power brokers there.

Palin: Worked her way to the top by challenging, attacking and actively undermining the Republican party establishment in her native Alaska. She ran against incumbent Republicans as a candidate willing and able to clean the Augean Stables of her state's government.

Political Biography

Obama: A classic, if unusually talented, greasy-pole climber. Held a succession of jobs that constitute the standard route to the top in his party's internal politics: "community organizer", law professor, state senator.

Palin:A woman with a wide range of interests in a well-variegated life. Held a succession of jobs - sports journalist, commercial fisherwoman, state oil and gas commissioner, before entering local politics. A resume that suggests something other than burning political ambition from the cradle but rather the sort of experience that enables her to understand the concerns of most Americans..

Political history

Obama: Elected to statewide office only after a disastrous first run for a congressional seat and after his Republican opponent was exposed in a sexual scandal. Won seat eventually in contest against a candidate who didn't even live in the state.

Palin: Elected to statewide office at the first attempt challenging a long-serving Republican incumbent governor despite intense opposition from the party.

Appeal

Obama: A very attractive speaker whose celebrity has been compared to that of Britney Spears and who sends thrills up Chris Matthews' leg

Palin: A very attractive woman, much better-looking than Britney Spears who speaks rather well too. She sends thrills up the leg of Rush Limbaugh (and me).

Executive experience

Obama: Makes executive decisions every day that affect the lives of his campaign staff and a vast crowd of traveling journalists

Palin:Makes executive decisions every day that affect the lives of 500,000 people in her state, and that impact crucial issues of national economic interest such as the supply and cost of energy to the United States.

Religious influences

Obama: Regards people who "cling" to religion and guns as "bitter" . Spent 20 years being mentored and led spiritually by a man who proclaimed "God damn America" from his pulpit. Mysteriously, this mentor completely disappeared from public sight about four months ago.

Palin: Head of her high school Fellowship of Christian Athletes and for many years a member of the Assemblies of God congregation whose preachers have never been known to accuse the United States of deliberately spreading the AIDS virus. They remain in full public sight and can be seen every Sunday in churches across Alaska. A proud gun owner who has been known to cling only to the carcasses of dead caribou felled by her own aim.

Record of bipartisan achievement

Obama: Speaks movingly of the bipartisanship needed to end the destructive politics of "Red America" and "Blue America", but votes in the Senate as a down-the-line Democrat, with one of the most liberal voting records in congress.

Palin: Ridiculed by liberals such as John Kerry as a crazed, barely human, Dick Cheney-type conservative but worked wit Democrats in the state legislature to secure landmark anti-corruption legislation.

Former state Rep. Ethan Berkowitz - a Democrat - said. "Gov. Palin has made her name fighting corruption within her own party, and I was honored when she stepped across party lines and asked me to co-author her ethics white paper."

On Human Life

Obama: Devoutly pro-choice. Voted against a bill in the Illinois state senate that would have required doctors to save the lives of babies who survived abortion procedures. The implication of this position is that babies born prematurely during abortions would be left alone, unnourished and unmedicated, until they died.

Palin: Devoutly pro-life. Exercised the choice proclaimed by liberals to bring to full term a baby that had been diagnosed in utero with Down Syndrome.

Now it's true there are other crucial differences. Sen Obama has appeared on Meet The Press every other week for the last four years. He has been the subject of hundreds of adoring articles in papers and newsweeklies and TV shows and has written two Emmy-award winning books.

Gov Palin has never appeared on Meet the Press, never been on the cover of Newsweek. She presumably feels that, as a mother of five children married to a snowmobile champion, who also happens to be the first woman and the youngest person ever to be elected governor of her state, she has not really done enough yet to merit an autobiography.

Then again, I'm willing to bet that if she had authored The Grapes of Wrath, sung like Edith Piaf and composed La Traviata , she still wouldn't have won an Emmy.

Fortunately, it will be up to the American people and not their self-appointed leaders in Hollywood and New York to determine who really has the better experience to be president.

Gerard Baker is US Editor and Assistant Editor of The Times of London. Email: gerard.baker@thetimes.co.uk

Oh Gee, that's not blatantly biased now is it? Fine choice of adjectives throughout.... :rolleyes:

Truth hurts, lol. Just like the last eight years of corruption and the demise of my beautiful country has hurt.

The demise of the country? Looking outside the window things seem to be pretty calm and collected considering that the country has been destroyed by Bush / Cheney. A bit of hyperbole perhaps?

:rolleyes:

:lol:

Actually, he was including America's states of "economic woe", "fossil fuel dependency", "health care travesty", "international embarrassment", "lack of leadership", "military unreadiness", and.. "need for Change". ;)

^_^

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

:hippy:

From Real Clear Politics

Sarah Palin vs. Barack Obama

By Gerard Baker

Democrats, between sniggers of derision and snorts of disgust, contend that Sarah Palin, John McCain's vice-presidential pick is ridiculously unqualified to be president.

It's a reasonable objection on its face except for this small objection: it surely needs to be weighed against the Democrats' claim that their own candidate for president is self-evidently ready to assume the role of most powerful person on the planet.

At first blush, here's what we know about the relative experience of the two candidates. Both are in their mid-forties and have held statewide elective office for less than four years. Both have admitted to taking illegal drugs in their youth.

So much for the similarities. How about the differences?

Political experience

Obama: Worked his way to the top by cultivating, pandering to and stroking the most powerful interest groups in the all-pervasive Chicago political machine, ensuring his views were aligned with the power brokers there.

Palin: Worked her way to the top by challenging, attacking and actively undermining the Republican party establishment in her native Alaska. She ran against incumbent Republicans as a candidate willing and able to clean the Augean Stables of her state's government.

Political Biography

Obama: A classic, if unusually talented, greasy-pole climber. Held a succession of jobs that constitute the standard route to the top in his party's internal politics: "community organizer", law professor, state senator.

Palin:A woman with a wide range of interests in a well-variegated life. Held a succession of jobs - sports journalist, commercial fisherwoman, state oil and gas commissioner, before entering local politics. A resume that suggests something other than burning political ambition from the cradle but rather the sort of experience that enables her to understand the concerns of most Americans..

Political history

Obama: Elected to statewide office only after a disastrous first run for a congressional seat and after his Republican opponent was exposed in a sexual scandal. Won seat eventually in contest against a candidate who didn't even live in the state.

Palin: Elected to statewide office at the first attempt challenging a long-serving Republican incumbent governor despite intense opposition from the party.

Appeal

Obama: A very attractive speaker whose celebrity has been compared to that of Britney Spears and who sends thrills up Chris Matthews' leg

Palin: A very attractive woman, much better-looking than Britney Spears who speaks rather well too. She sends thrills up the leg of Rush Limbaugh (and me).

Executive experience

Obama: Makes executive decisions every day that affect the lives of his campaign staff and a vast crowd of traveling journalists

Palin:Makes executive decisions every day that affect the lives of 500,000 people in her state, and that impact crucial issues of national economic interest such as the supply and cost of energy to the United States.

Religious influences

Obama: Regards people who "cling" to religion and guns as "bitter" . Spent 20 years being mentored and led spiritually by a man who proclaimed "God damn America" from his pulpit. Mysteriously, this mentor completely disappeared from public sight about four months ago.

Palin: Head of her high school Fellowship of Christian Athletes and for many years a member of the Assemblies of God congregation whose preachers have never been known to accuse the United States of deliberately spreading the AIDS virus. They remain in full public sight and can be seen every Sunday in churches across Alaska. A proud gun owner who has been known to cling only to the carcasses of dead caribou felled by her own aim.

Record of bipartisan achievement

Obama: Speaks movingly of the bipartisanship needed to end the destructive politics of "Red America" and "Blue America", but votes in the Senate as a down-the-line Democrat, with one of the most liberal voting records in congress.

Palin: Ridiculed by liberals such as John Kerry as a crazed, barely human, Dick Cheney-type conservative but worked wit Democrats in the state legislature to secure landmark anti-corruption legislation.

Former state Rep. Ethan Berkowitz - a Democrat - said. "Gov. Palin has made her name fighting corruption within her own party, and I was honored when she stepped across party lines and asked me to co-author her ethics white paper."

On Human Life

Obama: Devoutly pro-choice. Voted against a bill in the Illinois state senate that would have required doctors to save the lives of babies who survived abortion procedures. The implication of this position is that babies born prematurely during abortions would be left alone, unnourished and unmedicated, until they died.

Palin: Devoutly pro-life. Exercised the choice proclaimed by liberals to bring to full term a baby that had been diagnosed in utero with Down Syndrome.

Now it's true there are other crucial differences. Sen Obama has appeared on Meet The Press every other week for the last four years. He has been the subject of hundreds of adoring articles in papers and newsweeklies and TV shows and has written two Emmy-award winning books.

Gov Palin has never appeared on Meet the Press, never been on the cover of Newsweek. She presumably feels that, as a mother of five children married to a snowmobile champion, who also happens to be the first woman and the youngest person ever to be elected governor of her state, she has not really done enough yet to merit an autobiography.

Then again, I'm willing to bet that if she had authored The Grapes of Wrath, sung like Edith Piaf and composed La Traviata , she still wouldn't have won an Emmy.

Fortunately, it will be up to the American people and not their self-appointed leaders in Hollywood and New York to determine who really has the better experience to be president.

Gerard Baker is US Editor and Assistant Editor of The Times of London. Email: gerard.baker@thetimes.co.uk

Why don't you post some real facts about Obama. Instead of citing useless crap ala a supposed celebrity level along the lines of Britney Spears?

Good job!

Oh Gee, that's not blatantly biased now is it? Fine choice of adjectives throughout.... :rolleyes:

Why don't you post some real facts about Obama. Instead of citing useless crap ala a supposed celebrity level along the lines of Britney Spears?

Good job!

I'm curious if either of you read this explanation of why I posted that?

I normally try to avoid opinion pieces but I posted that in answer to post 4365 in this thread where the poster was using all far left wing links as support for their argument. I just wanted to keep the VP discussion on this thread.

quote name='Reggie1971' date='Sep 1 2008, 03:22 PM' post='245816'

quote name='~tangerine~' date='Sep 1 2008, 12:01 PM' post='245748'

The demise of the country? Looking outside the window things seem to be pretty calm and collected considering that the country has been destroyed by Bush / Cheney. A bit of hyperbole perhaps?

:rolleyes:

Ok, here goes:

That's one I haven't figured out either. If I was going to do it I would open a different window for each poster I wanted to quote then copy and paste the quote to my reply window. There must be an easier way though. :shrugs:

Hi Patrycja,

To quote multiple posts:

Rather than hitting the "reply" button like you do to quote a single post, hit the "quote" button instead. When you do this it will seem as though nothing has happened, but the forum software has just saved the quoted post for you. Repeat this step this for all the posts you wish you quote in your reply, and then go to the bottom (or top) of the thread page and hit the "Post reply" button. When you do this, a reply composition box will open and in it all the posts for which you clicked the "quote" button will appear as quotes.

Hope that helps. ;)

~One Drop

:hippy:

one-drop explained it this way....

If you want to use quotes from multiple posts in your reply, you have to hit "reply" on the first post, and then copy the quote. Then go back to the thread and hit "reply" on the next post you wanna quote. When that reply box opens, paste the first into it and then write your replies to the two quotes.

edited to add...he beat me to it!!... :P

edited a second time to say...your new explanation looks quicker that the one you gave to me...trying to keep the blondes stupid, eh???

It works! THANKS Uncle Bill, One Drop & marolyn, much obliged! This totally unrelated post will likely get offed, but until then, cheers! :beer:

I normally try to avoid opinion pieces but I posted that in answer to post 4365 in this thread where the poster was using all far left wing links as support for their argument. I just wanted to keep the VP discussion on this thread.

You know what? In that case, it's actually pretty funny. It's embarrassing when people spew nonsense, regardless of what side one supports. Some people need to be made fun of. I wonder if there is such a thing as a party neutral media outlet? But even if someone supports one side or another, it shouldn't be presented at the expense of thoughtful journalism. I really like Christiane Amanpour, for example.

Ahahahahahaha!

This election will have given hockey more exposure in your fair land than hockey ever has. Gary Bettman is the happiest man in North America right now. :D

Yeah! Have you seen the baby daddy? A hunka hunka hockey player!! :)

Funny.....

Obama criticizes "business as usual" practices in Washington as a problem and selects Joe Biden as his running mate.

McCain lashes out at Obama about "lack of experience" and selects Sarah Palin.

Ironic!

The great chess move was McCain's timing and choice, combined. He completely shut down the momentum created by the Democratic Convention. I admire his skill in battle... he totally outflanked the Democrats!

I'm still going for Obama, so far, but that is subject to change. If the personal attacks at Palin's family persist, then Obama will appear to be all talk and no credibility. We'll see...

No one in the Obama campaign has made any personal attacks against Palin or her family, in fact, Obama spoke out about that earlier today. Who was behind the attacks were a bunch of far-left blogging loons with too much time on their hands, and they should not be taken to be indicative of the left as a whole.

Archived