y'know you're a zep-freak when....

You know what it reminds me of? The part in Almost Famous when they're all singing Elton John's Tiny Dancer. I'd love to have a singalong like that. And you got to be somewhere incredibly exotic. Jealous :D

Now that you said that it kind of was like that! It really was awesome....If our most talented of men along with Jason ever decide to put on one last show (I know I am probably dreaming and will wake up every day hoping) but if they do, a lot of us should get together and meet up beforehand. Can you imagine? As I have said, I would go to the North Pole if thats what it took.

When you installed the scrobbler for Last.fm on another computer in the office and made a playlist comprising only the shorthest songs of LZ discoghaphy (in order to increase the number of plays for your favourite band - it drive you mad that Floyd have more plays on this site, even if you love PF dearly... but is not PF you're obsessed with, isn't it? ).

And the best part is that you don't even listen to this playlist (the volume button is off) because of your co-workers, but also becouse you know by heart all the studio version of those songs (only the album versions get scrobbled)and, anyway, you have other LZ playlists to listen, with live performances and YT ripp-offs)

(geez...I'm pathetic! have to snap out of it!)

When you installed the scrobbler for Last.fm on another computer in the office and made a playlist comprising only the shorthest songs of LZ discoghaphy (in order to increase the number of plays for your favourite band - it drive you mad that Floyd have more plays on this site, even if you love PF dearly... but is not PF you're obsessed with, isn't it? ).

And the best part is that you don't even listen to this playlist (the volume button is off) because of your co-workers, but also becouse you know by heart all the studio version of those songs (only the album versions get scrobbled)and, anyway, you have other LZ playlists to listen, with live performances and YT ripp-offs)

(geez...I'm pathetic! have to snap out of it!)

Hello zdr!

LOL---No need to snap out of it. When you have had the BEST:-)

Thanks, Deborah. You're nice. I love your posts.

so, back to the topic (this one is really silly):

.. when, after you have just finished the bioghaphy of Edouard Manet (the father of impressionism in the 19th century painting), you start thinking that his artistic destiny was somehow like the LZ's:

- he took entier parts of other (Velasquez, Rubens etc) paintings (usually some background characters)and included them into his paintings (changing left-right side) because he didn't have the patience to thinking complex scenes; only about 50 years later the borrows were revealed, because he changed all those elements trough his artistic vision; this fact didn't diminish a inch from his status, remaining one of the most ground-breaking paintor ever.

The similarity is obvious (except that, in the LZ case, people still make a bug fuss of it).

- he didn't look for any revolution in painting at all; he wanted only to be successfull and win a medal at the painting exhibition; he didn't understand the hostile reception of the critics, knowing that he did all the best efforts. But, on the same time, being incapable of being untruth to his artistic believs made him the laughing-stock for the majority.

Here, the similarity is less visible: but LZ also aimed to be successfull, not necesarily grund-braking (J.Page did make a "market study" for the audience back in those days; the groun-braking part was a consequence of their artistic integrity). And they did (they were succesfull, not like Manet who died before knowing the taste of success -knowing the death was close, he said somthing like "I would like to read now the great review that you'll write after my death"). But the critic's part of the story was the same (only after the band's death they acknowledged how important they were)

Archived