y'know you're a zep-freak when....

deh, here is the website for Q104 in NY: http://www.q1043.com/main.html

thank you :)

now about the thread...

You are a zep-freak when your English teacher finishes the class knowing everything about LZ

Other day I was at my English class when the teacher asked:

'How much do you know about Led Zeppelin?'

for a second I thought she, somehow, knew that I am a zepp fan.

but it was REALLY on her book. I took a picture and everything :D

And spent the whole class saying 'how much I know about zep'

damn! that made my day.

I think my teacher made a note to herself that day 'never EVER ask a question about led zeppelin to this girl again!' lol

:lol: No words needed - I know exactly what you mean. Do you still have your diary from your Zep days? ;)

No, and trying to recall those times is getting difficult as the years go on, but a lot of it is coming back to me now for some strange reason... :P;):bagoverhead: Ah, what wonderful times they were!!

Just found out I gave birth to my daughter on the same day 12-08-03, 35 years after LZep´s formation. Now´I´ll celebrate her birthday and Led Zep´s formation all in one. :hippy::cheer::banana: She´ll grow up listening to real goooooood music. ;)

now about the thread...

You are a zep-freak when your English teacher finishes the class knowing everything about LZ

damn! that made my day.

I think my teacher made a note to herself that day 'never EVER ask a question about led zeppelin to this girl again!' lol

You're welcome. :)

:lol: It works the same way when you're the teacher. ;) It didn't matter if I were teaching high school/secondary school, college or uni, here in the U.S. or elsewhere in the world, somehow the students who were Zep and/or rock fans figured out that I was too and after class I would have a stray student waiting around to say, "Can I ask you a question? My girlfriend thought you might know this so....." and we'd carry on from there. B)

No, and trying to recall those times is getting difficult as the years go on, but a lot of it is coming back to me now for some strange reason... :P;):bagoverhead:

A lot of stuff is coming back for me too but, as far as many details, it IS getting harder to remember, isn't it? My diaries are funny to read because an entry will say something so mundane like, "Took train downtown, met E., had a slice, bought a dress...." and in the next paragraph I will be talking about LZ as if it were as commonplace and humdrum as taking the train, meeting my friend E., etc.

Ah, what wonderful times they were!!

Amen to that! ;)

Y'know you're a zep-freak when....

You can listen to Led Zeppelin in your head without any music being on. What I mean by this is that their music is so familiar to me know that I can think of nearly any song title and instantly my brain becomes my own personal music player.

I got to thinking about the band's music last night and I tried to challenge myself to see if I could pick any song title at random and see how quick the song could come up in my mind. I was surprised.

I hope I'm not alone on this. :blush:

You know you're a Zep freak when.....

Your kids shout "Strider" at the top of their voices every time you play Bron-yr-aur stomp.

You try, on nights out with your friends, to get random strangers in Zep t-shirts, to swap the said t-shirt for the low cut girlie top you're wearing!..... I've tried that one on a few occasions, hasn't worked yet :rolleyes::lol:

now about the thread...

damn! that made my day.

What do you mean by it was on her book?

Nice ink DD. :D

You going to get any color or shading on that? I have a good friend that has the four symbols in black ink with blue shading. Looks killer.

Thanks Dragon! I have been thinking about getting some color but I was thinking red. Blue is a nice alternative I will have to think about that.

DD

What do you mean by it was on her book?

I mean that it was not written by her, it was written by whoever wrote that book. It's a book for brazilians English students, you know? (I don't know if I wrote it right :D) So they are supposed to ask this question to everyone in Brazil who is studying English and is on my level and the same school (Wizard, by the way). I was amazed because I live in the countryside of Brazil... It's almost impossible to find someone who likes led zeppelin or even knows them. Zepp on the radio? never! So, hear this question about led zeppelin in my class was just fantastic... I was allowed to talk about the band in the real world, you know? not just in the internet .

and, as you can see, my English is not so good... so forgive me if I didn't explain it right ):

Learning how to play every riff; note-for-note wasn't enough.

Forming a Zep cover band wasn't enough.

Giving my daughter the middle name "Page" wasn't enough.

Learning photoshop for the sole pupose of creating parodies of all the Zeppelin artwork.

Wife walks down the aisle to "Thank You" instead of "Here Comes the Bride".

Then in her vows says: "You taught me: patience, forgiviness, humor, honesty, kindness, friendship and a deeper respect for Led Zeppelin and Jimmy Page ."

Yeah, I guess Led Zep is ok...

:)

When a Zeppelin song comes on the radio, you know what it is before anyone even realizes a song is on.

When you get kicked off the computer for a week for missing the bus because you were watching O2 videos the morning after the show.

When you kept the closing ceremonies of the Olympics on for 4 hours, no matter how much electricity was wasted, and ran into the room every time you heard a mention of Jimmy Page.

When you flip out and give your friend a lecture in the hallway in 5th grade for them looking at your shirt and saying, "Led Zeppelin....Isn't he dead?"

When you were one of the first 25 people on this forum. :D

Everytime you go over to someones house you go through their music files on their computer to see if they have any Zeppelin :lol:

Same for me, whether it's a computer, iPod or *gasp* an actual physical record collection. :)

Some more:

... you read every rumour pointing to a a possible Zeppelin tour and try to ignore all the ones that say it won't happen.

... you make an extra effort to find a bootleg of the Zeppelin show your dad went to (11/02/69 Toronto in my case).

... you see Led Zeppelin in everything!

Archived