Lucifer Rising.....

Wolfman

http://www.myspace.com/fraterzardoz

Very interesting....I've heard that this isn't Jimmy...some parts sound like him and others don't....Eerie!!

Jimmy was originally commissioned to score the music, but his work was eventually thrown out due to differences between him and the director. There are bootlegs floating around with the real thing, though. Pretty cool stuff.

I do believe this is Page's score. I own LR that Bobby BeauSoleil did and this isn't it. I know Page used a lot of keyboards for the soundtract. My bet is this is the real deal. Bobby BeauSoleil has a MySpace page with his music from LR on it if you want to find it to compare.

I do believe this is Page's score. I own LR that Bobby BeauSoleil did and this isn't it. I know Page used a lot of keyboards for the soundtract. My bet is this is the real deal. Bobby BeauSoleil has a MySpace page with his music from LR on it if you want to find it to compare.

Creepy to know he's still around

Jimmy Page, only did 23 minutes of this "Score". Last years "Classic Rock" magazine Issue No 96, june/july 2006, has a Big spread on "Lucifer Rising".

There is an excellent boot CD called "Anger Rising" doing the rounds at the moment - a limited edition of 666 copies lol! :lol: Well worth seeking out, it includes Mick Jagger's soundtrack music for "Invocation of My Demon Brother", along with the genuine Page Lucifer Rising soundtrack & Bobby Beausoleil's version of same.

There is an excellent boot CD called "Anger Rising" doing the rounds at the moment - a limited edition of 666 copies lol! :lol: Well worth seeking out, it includes Mick Jagger's soundtrack music for "Invocation of My Demon Brother", along with the genuine Page Lucifer Rising soundtrack & Bobby Beausoleil's version of same.

That soundtrack of Mick Jagger's is quite weird, but seems to work strangely well with the visuals.

I'm trying to picture Mick Jagger with synth laying down the soundtrack.....somehow I can't picture it....but maybe there is lots of various drug concoctions on a side table nearby...

It's only 23 minutes because that's as long as the rough cut Jimmy had to work with at the time.

It's a complicated issue and there are transcriptions of interviews from Jimmy that gives his side of the story.

Given how much of a dick Anger has been to work with since then (kind of living up to his name) I'd take Jimmy's story over his on this.

So as far as I can see, Anger was a freeloader who tried to use Jimmy and then blame him for not being capable of finishing his film.

So as far as I can see, Anger was a freeloader who tried to use Jimmy and then blame him for not being capable of finishing his film.

I know someone who interviewed Anger some years ago - apparently Anger new Page/ Jagger/Brian Jones well before their Lucifer Rising collaboration (in the late 60's). It seems they all had mutual occult interests.

I doubt as artists there was too much freeloading going on, more sharing of ideas. Relationships go sour for lots of reasons. I imagine Page was stretched for time...Zeppelin would always come first though in true Capricorn spirit.

Well, Anger made Scorpio Rising in 1964. Lucifer Rising wasn't his first. As for Jimmy and the soundtrack, he only had what was given him to put music to. That he did in earnest. The fact that there's only 23 minutes of sound is because Jimmy was only given 23 minutes of film to score. Anger's project fell apart and he blamed Jimmy. My speakers aren't working, but I have the Page's (and Beausolei's) soundtracks. Jimmy's is beautiful and perfectly fits the film. I've seen and heard synchs, and they dovetail magnificently. This is a cult film, and people need to understand the subject matter before making judgements. If you don't understand the difference between Lucifer the Lightbearer and the biblical Satan, you're wasting your breath. Still waiting for Isis Exalted! :lol:

Oh and as for the "tip of the iceberg", Jimmy's flat was robbed and most of that material was stolen years ago. He's tried at great expense to recover it, but for all intents it's gone.

I LOVE Jimmy's Lucifer rising!

And this is definitely Jimmy's version. I have both, and the dead give away is that strange drone that is the main theme (starts it off then goes on in the background). Can you guess what it is?

You got it.

Jimmy with his bow on his guitar.

Bobby's version does not include that drone.

This is such an amazing track. Man would I have loved to have known Jimmy when he wrote this!

Archived