TV shows you loved ......

Knebby

I'm dating myself here but I'm from the Captain Kangaroo and Romper Room era ("do be a good do bee.....") My little sis loved HR Puffinstuff so I'd watch with her sometimes. Yeah, Perry Mason was must-see TV!

Other favorites were The Man From U.N.C.L.E. (recently purchased the DVD box set, it's fantastic), The Monkees, Ed Sullivan show, American Bandstand (showed us hillbillys how the cool Californians danced) and Where the Action Is (could count on getting my Paul Revere & the Raiders fix with that one).

I watched Captain Kangaroo and Romper Room too! My favorite kids' show was Wonderama with Sonny Fox.

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. was another favorite. Year later I learned that, when Jimmy Page was a session musician, he played with David McCallum's father.

I loved the Avengers: we'd act out all of the shows and tried to dress and sound like Emma Peel.

Another favorite:

Peyton Place

My favorites were the dance shows (we marked up every tabletop in everyone's house as we tried to emulated the go-go girls and danced on them):

Hullabaloo

Shindig

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G6ZeFwr2xp0

American Bandstand

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T9pZWuPQ9_s

The Real Don Steele TV Show (yes, I actually dressed and danced like first dancer who appears here) :bagoverhead::bagoverhead: :bagoverhead:

I watched Captain Kangaroo and Romper Room too! My favorite kids' show was Wonderama with Sonny Fox.

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. was another favorite. Year later I learned that, when Jimmy Page was a session musician, he played with David McCallum's father.

I loved the Avengers: we'd act out all of the shows and tried to dress and sound like Emma Peel.

Another favorite:

Peyton Place

My favorites were the dance shows (we marked up every tabletop in everyone's house as we tried to emulated the go-go girls and danced on them):

Hullabaloo

Shindig

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G6ZeFwr2xp0

American Bandstand

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T9pZWuPQ9_s

The Real Don Steele TV Show (yes, I actually dressed and danced like first dancer who appears here) :bagoverhead::bagoverhead::bagoverhead:

It was David McCallum's father who suggested using the bow, right? Man, that is one cool family. :D NCIS is one of the few shows I watch today because of David McCallum....second only to Mr. Robert Plant in my Lifetime Heartthrob category.

I'd forgotten about Hullabaloo & Shindig, those were great too, but I never saw the Real Don Steele show. Remember how we used to get only the 3 main stations?

I'm dating myself here but I'm from the Captain Kangaroo and Romper Room era ("do be a good do bee.....") My little sis loved HR Puffinstuff so I'd watch with her sometimes. Yeah, Perry Mason was must-see TV!

Other favorites were The Man From U.N.C.L.E. (recently purchased the DVD box set, it's fantastic), The Monkees, Ed Sullivan show, American Bandstand (showed us hillbillys how the cool Californians danced) and Where the Action Is (could count on getting my Paul Revere & the Raiders fix with that one).

Oh my - Where the Action is!! Another one I'd totally forgotten. I think that used to be on in the afternoon when I got home from school. I also watched Romper Room and Captain Kangaroo. We had a local show here - Ranger Hal - and a group of us got to be on for a friend's birthday.

I loved David McCallum, but my first movie/TV star crush was Robert Wagner in It Takes A Thief. Yum.....

Do you recall how the show ended, love to know?

Sorry Cecil.

Remembering the name, and that I enjoyed watching it at the time, and that it was a little scary but I couldn't wait to see the next episode is all I can recall really.

some more:

the curiosity shoppe

my world (and welcome to it)

the nanny (with juliet mills)

zoom from pbs-the 1970's version

the ghost and mrs. muir

cactus pete's funny company (first with cactus pete and then with uncle briggs)

simon's sanctorium (st. louis kplr monster movie show)

corky's colorama (st. louis version of bozo)

soap with billy crystal

The Munsters

The Adams Family

All In The Family

The Jeffersons

Sanford and Son

The Green Hornet

The Carol Burnett Show

The Mary Tylor Moore Show

The Beverly Hillbillies (ohhhh Elly May!!!)

UFO

UFO, who else saw this classic SiFi?

B)

My favourites were:

Marine boy.

Puff the magic dragon.

Skippy.

The Braddy Bunch.

There was a cartoon where they used to say SHAZAM, but I can´t remember the name of it.

Lassie.

Paul Hogan Show

No, not the Kingswood. Loss of memory can´t remember the name of the show.

And lots more.... :P

Oh I remember Romper room

My favourites were:

Marine boy.

Puff the magic dragon.

Skippy.

The Braddy Bunch.

There was a cartoon where they used to say SHAZAM, but I can´t remember the name of it.

Lassie.

Paul Hogan Show

No, not the Kingswood. Loss of memory can´t remember the name of the show.

And lots more.... :P

Oh I remember Romper room

kindswood country. hey you saw this and the paul hogan show in spain????????

These are only from the past 15 years or so cuz I'm only 21, but 21 year olds can get nostalgic, too, right?

I loved Wild N Crazy Kids, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, The Original American Gladiators, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Fraggle Rock, Boy Meets World, Full House, and The Fresh Prince. There are probably more, but if I named them you would essentially see a TV Guide page from 1993.

:D

Flintstones

B)

That episode where they had the boy scout jamboree from around the world, and Fred led the Old McDonald sing-a-long "with a gobble gobble here, und a gooble gobble there" - that's pretty hard to top...

And I dressed and danced like that first guy, we would have been a hot couple :lol:

circa19782.jpg

:lol: We sure would! :D That's a great photo - what a car! :wub:

It was David McCallum's father who suggested using the bow, right? Man, that is one cool family. :D NCIS is one of the few shows I watch today because of David McCallum....second only to Mr. Robert Plant in my Lifetime Heartthrob category.

I'd forgotten about Hullabaloo & Shindig, those were great too, but I never saw the Real Don Steele show. Remember how we used to get only the 3 main stations?

The Real Don Steele was a local Los Angeles area show. When I was growing up we got 7 stations - 3 main, 3 local, and PBS.

Archived