TV shows you loved ......

Knebby

Oh Knebby, I LOVED The Double Deckers so much. That theme tune rocks :D Thanks for the memories

I also loved...

The Adventures of Black Beauty, Tiswas, Grange Hill, Skippy, there are loads but I need a memory prompt! These are just a few that come mind.

Edit to add..another fantastic show I loved with a great theme tune, The Banana Splits Show.

Oh Knebby, I LOVED The Double Deckers so much. That theme tune rocks :D Thanks for the memories

I also loved...

The Adventures of Black Beauty, Tiswas, Grange Hill, Skippy, there are loads but I need a memory prompt! These are just a few that come mind.

Edit to add..another fantastic show I loved with a great theme tune, The Banana Splits Show.

one banana, two banana, three banana, four................

i remember that one! i always wished to have one of their dune buggies!

Wow, this is bringing back some memories.

I loved watching the Saturday morning shows. TISWAS was my favourite but I also enjoyed Multi-Coloured Swap Shop, Zorro, Flash Gordon and Marine Boy.

There was another show that I can't remember the name of that tells you to 'go and do something less boring instead'. I didn't particularly enjoy the show but have been racking my brain trying to remember the name of it. Perhaps someone can help me out.

Aw man! :) Let's see ...

Scooby Doo

Captain Cave Man

Tom & Jerry

Anything Sid & Marty Kroft, but especially HR Puffinstuff and Sigmund the Sea Monster

Speed Racer :)

Ultraman (nobody else ever remembers Ultraman)

The Brady Bunch

The Partridge Family

Family Affair

My Three Sons

Kimba the White Lion

Jonny Quest

Eight is Enough

Little House on the Prairie

Mister Rogers

ZOOM

Romper Room

Dragnet

Then in high school/college it was Dallas and Knots Landing!

Rocky & Bulwinkle

F Troop

McHales Navy

Get Smart

The Addams Family

The Beverley Hillbillies

The Vikings

The Buccaneer

Ivanhoe

Robin Hood

Zorro

Lost In Space

Rawhide

Bonanza

High Chapparal

The Persuaders

I Spy

William Tell

OMG - The Time Tunnel... I'd totally forgotten about that show. I absolutely loved it. And The Persuaders - another long forgotten, but loved show.

First thing I thought of was HR Puffinstuff when I thought we were talking about kid-type shows. Now...I'm old, I watched tons of TV. My list could go on forever... :)

Have to say, the first Big-Person show I remember watching was Perry Mason... got to stay up late on a school night for that! :D

Aw man! :) Let's see ...

Tom & Jerry

The Brady Bunch

Family Affair

Eight is Enough

Little House on the Prairie

Romper Room

Knots Landing!

A few i forgot, and I also loved Knots Landing, especially when Nicollette Sheridan joined the show. One of my best friends and I used to watch the show together each week (over the phone).

my, god...i haven't seen a damn thing about 'time tunnel' since it went off the air! we loved it because tony knew judo and karate, so we would playfight time tunnel all day long. shades of the bruce lee phase i would go through later...

i loved the sid and marty kroft shows, especially 'h.r. puffinstuf' (did h.r. stand for "hand rolled"?)

there was 'lance link-secret chimp'

'harlem globetrotters popcorn machine'

speaking of 'wacky races' there was a spin-off with dick dastardly and muttley with the song "stop the pigeon!"

i also loved the beatles cartoons, it turned me on to the music.

after i saw the film 'hard days night' i began to seek out all things british,

which led to the original 'avengers',, 'the prisoner', and later 'the goodies' , then

then re-runs of 'steptoe and son' on the local PBS station. ("dirty old man....")

later in the 80's it was 'the young ones' which i can't live without to this day...

There was another show that I can't remember the name of that tells you to 'go and do something less boring instead'. I didn't particularly enjoy the show but have been racking my brain trying to remember the name of it. Perhaps someone can help me out.

Found it I think :)

It was called "Why Don't You Just Switch Off Your Television Set And Go Out And Do Something Less Boring Instead?"

The show has its page on the BBC website : http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/titles/whydontyou.shtml

Yes, Land of the LOST!! God it was stupid, and I loved it. Also really loved Good Times and The Jeffersons (mainly for the theme music). Does anybody remember The Bugaloos? I think it was one of those Kroft shows. How about Isis and Shazam? The Bionic Woman, The 6 million Dollar Man, Wonderwoman, Charlie's Angels, The Love Boat, Fantasy Island.... How about Solid Gold! You could see wasted bands and singers lip synching their songs and messing them up. The dancers were great, though (my dad used to say, "Call me when the black lady's dancing!" She was the best dancer and had the really long corn rows).

Archived