Zorro

Lost In Space

Rawhide

Bonanza

High Chapparal

The Persuaders

I Spy

William Tell

FTroop!! :D Funny how shows that were so corny even then still make me smile to think of... LOL!

Hogan's Heroes (while we're at it...)

Bat Masterson

It Takes a Thief

Man from UNCLE

Wild, Wild West

Cartoons:

Looney Tunes

Popeye

Rocky and Bullwinkle

Beanie and Cecil

Speed Racer

Underdog

from the UK side of the pond:

The Prisoner

The Avengers

Aw man! :) Let's see ...

Ultraman (nobody else ever remembers Ultraman)

e3793b3d.jpgB):D

Then in high school/college it was Dallas and Knots Landing!

My ex got me hooked on Knotts never really cared for Dallas

Found it I think :)

It was called "Why Don't You Just Switch Off Your Television Set And Go Out And Do Something Less Boring Instead?"

The show has its page on the BBC website : http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/titles/whydontyou.shtml

Thank you for that Layali. It really was quite a boring show. If I remember it was on before all the other good Saturday morning shows. The list on the left of the link also brings me back.

Crackerjack, The Clangers, Basil Brush.

I also enjoyed The Generation Game and Blankety Blanks.

My ex got me hooked on Knotts never really cared for Dallas

Oh cool; you remember Ultraman too?! the beta capsule, :lol:

When my husband and I were dating, we used to watch Knots every Thursday; he was hooked too. I watched reruns on Soap Net when I was home on maternity leave with my son :) I still miss that show!

Hey, did anyone else watch Hee Haw or Sha Na Na? :lol:

There was also this British TV series which I was so fond of.

Who can forget Ross Poldark??? I don't know if this was as popular in the US as in Europe, but certainly it was a cult!

Nice memories: I remember how the following day after every single episode my school girlfriends and I were literally spending our time talking about it! I must have been not even 11 years old! :rolleyes:

From TV in England in the 1970's Saturday

The flashing Blade

Tiswas

Godzilla movies

Robinson Crusoe

The Banana Splits

the public information film about dark water & a chap in a habit....scary

The battle of the Planets(Gatchaman)

All good.....

Yeah, I remember Shanana (Bow Bow Bow!) and the Electric Company (Hey you guuuuuuys!)...........and how could I forget Fat Albert. That cartoon killed me. Interesting variety of characters in it.

From TV in England in the 1970's Saturday

Does anyone remember a British TV series back in the 70's that was about a group of people trying to survive after an epidemic disease killed almost most of the population?

I have been trying to remember the title for years but no luck...

It was a great series.

Does anyone remember a British TV series back in the 70's that was about a group of people trying to survive after an epidemic disease killed almost most of the population?

I have been trying to remember the title for years but no luck...

It was a great series.

There was a series called Survivor. Would that be it?

There was a series called Survivor. Would that be it?

It is a very old series, 70'shis. I am not sure this is the one. I will have to search the net. I really would love to find out if there is a dvd of the series, but first I need the name! :(

Thanks anyway, Fortuna.

while i waited for the bus in elementary school, we would watch black and whites of 'the lone ranger' and 'fury' (about a horse...and the boy who loved him). there was also half hour of 'our gang/little rascal' shorts. love those...still! then, if you stayed home from school, there was captain kangaroo and 'ride the reading rocket'. alternatives (we only had three channels then) were 'jeff's collie' (lassie for mayberry fans) and the cartoon 'deputy dawg'. all this is very incriminating and i shouldn't even post it.

OMG - The Time Tunnel... I'd totally forgotten about that show. I absolutely loved it. And The Persuaders - another long forgotten, but loved show.

First thing I thought of was HR Puffinstuff when I thought we were talking about kid-type shows. Now...I'm old, I watched tons of TV. My list could go on forever... :)

Have to say, the first Big-Person show I remember watching was Perry Mason... got to stay up late on a school night for that! :D

I'm dating myself here but I'm from the Captain Kangaroo and Romper Room era ("do be a good do bee.....") My little sis loved HR Puffinstuff so I'd watch with her sometimes. Yeah, Perry Mason was must-see TV!

Other favorites were The Man From U.N.C.L.E. (recently purchased the DVD box set, it's fantastic), The Monkees, Ed Sullivan show, American Bandstand (showed us hillbillys how the cool Californians danced) and Where the Action Is (could count on getting my Paul Revere & the Raiders fix with that one).

Archived