The Pink Panther

Land of the Lost

Bat Masterson

I Dream of Jeannie

Bewitched

Rin Tin Tin

Yeah, I'm getting old. :blink:

Heyelp Heyelp - Penelope Pitstop. :P

Penelope is on "Boomerang" network. I get it on Dish Network. They also play Wacky Races, i love "Muttley" the dog, he has the funniest laugh. If you want to watch old cartoons, this is the station to have!

• 2 weeks later...

another rock band is resurrected...tra-la-la, la-la-la

The Banana Splits in TV comeback

BBC News

The Banana Splits have kept their original "groovy" feel

Children's TV classic The Banana Splits is getting a modern makeover.

Fleegle, Bingo, Drooper and Snorky are to star in new comedy shorts and music videos on the Cartoon Network and its website from September.

A series of DVDs, live concerts, music CDs, and online games from the anarchic crew are expected to follow.

"Everything that made The Banana Splits popular in the '60s is back, including the group's terrific humour and music," said Jordan Sollitto, of Warner Bros.

"We take great pride in having carefully updated the look and feel of the original show for today's kids while retaining all of the elements that made the original Banana Splits such a hit."

The Banana Splits came onto the scene in 1968 as hosts of The Banana Splits Adventure Hour, a show created by Hanna-Barbera that featured comedy and music videos.

They are a costumed rock band made up of Fleegle (a dog), Drooper (a lion), Bingo (a gorilla) and Snorky (an elephant) who hang out in their Banana Pad while playing music and telling jokes.

The show's theme song, The Tra La La Song, quickly became a classic.

The new shorts share the same "groovy" look of the original TV series.

"The Banana Splits is a classic that has been entertaining kids for years," said Stuart Snyder, president of Turner Animation, Young Adults and Kids Media.

"We're thrilled to have this new version on Cartoon Network for our kids to enjoy today."

Penelope is on "Boomerang" network. I get it on Dish Network. They also play Wacky Races, i love "Muttley" the dog, he has the funniest laugh. If you want to watch old cartoons, this is the station to have!

We just started getting the Boomerang network, so I checked out an episode of the Perils of Penelope Pitstop. It had the Anthill Gang - midget gangsters that each have a personality quirk, kinda like the seven dwarfs. Those guys rock!!!

sledgehammer0ti9.jpg

I remember the one show where he was dressed as 'Hammer-Oid' :D

On RTN they show the old 'Alfred Hitchcock Hour' on Sunday night and the recent one was with Peter Fonda. He got revenge on an old fat guy that had killed his Father.

B)

• 2 weeks later...

As a kid I adored Inspector Gadget, I had a crush on Wendy

I liked the original Ninja Turtles, my nephews watch the new one and it blows

Teddy Ruxpin

Growing Pains

Who's The Boss?

The old Looney Toons (Bugs, Roadrunner, Porky etc)

The old Disney cartoons, not the movies, just the Mickey, Donald, Goofy stuff

Babar

The Jetsons

That's about all I can remember from when I was a wee lad.

As I got a bit older

Degrassi Jr. High

Degrassi Sr. High

The Simpsons

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Pinky and the Brain

I can't think of anything else.

We just started getting the Boomerang network, so I checked out an episode of the Perils of Penelope Pitstop. It had the Anthill Gang - midget gangsters that each have a personality quirk, kinda like the seven dwarfs. Those guys rock!!!

Boomerang is cool. I originally ordered it for The Flintstones. Penelope is funny! That southern accent cracks me up!

Other shows my daughter loves on Boomerang are The Pink Panther, Scooby Doo, Gerald McBoong Boong, and Baby Looney Tunes.

That was a big show among my friends when I was 13 or so. That, and You Can't Do That On Television.

Damn, I completely forgot about You Can't Do That on Television. That show was plenty fun. I also watched Get Smart and the Monkees. I watched a lot of older shows when I was younger. Not necessarily by choice, just we had very few channels and there wasn't much to choose from outside of CBC, ITV(at the time), TSN, and maybe ten others.

• 2 weeks later...
As a kid I adored Inspector Gadget,

I liked the original Ninja Turtles, my nephews watch the new one and it blows

The old Looney Toons (Bugs, Roadrunner, Porky etc)

The old Disney cartoons, not the movies, just the Mickey, Donald, Goofy stuff

Babar

The Simpsons

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

I also liked...

The Smurfs

The Snorks

David the gnome

Reading Rainbow

The Muppets

Mister Rogers

The Letter People

Zoobles(i'm not sure if this is the name)

Mister Wizard

The Flintstones

Oh and i could not miss my Saturday Morning cartoons!

Bewitched, I Dream of Jeanie, Dick Van Dyke Show, Mary Tyler Moore, That Girl and Bob Newhart Show are only some I can remember oh, The Newly Wed Game was good too.

all these plus the Monkees, the Brady Bunch &Little Fairy on the Prairie

I also liked...

The Smurfs

Reading Rainbow

The Flintstones

Oh and i could not miss my Saturday Morning cartoons!

I forgot about those, AND Sharon, Lois, and Bram The Elephant show. There's also two other shows I watched as a kid that I can clearly see what they look like, actors, puppets, whatever, but I don't know the names. One had a mannequin that came to life at night with a bunch of puppets. The other had a heart-shaped cartoon door.

The Brady Bunch, Good Times, All in the Family, Happy Days, Diff'rent Strokes, The Jeffersons, Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny, The Smurfs, The Three Stooges, Cosby Show, A Different World, Family Ties, Golden Girls, Wonder Woman, The Hulk, The Munsters, Silver Spoons,The Adams Family, Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Kojak, Charlie's Angels.....I watched alot of TV growing up and still do, LOL!!

how far back are we goin? I used to like barney, sesame street, pink panther, inspector gadget, full house, family matters, and a bunch of other things that aren't around now...except on cable...and it's all reruns... :blink:

• 4 years later...

"Joey Crown, musician with an odd, intense face, whose life is a quest for impossible things like flowers in concrete or like trying to pluck a note of music out of the air and put it under glass to treasure. Joey Crown, musician with an odd, intense face, who, in a moment, will try to leave the Earth and discover the middle ground - the place we call the Twilight Zone"

post-841-0-95729900-1356482518.jpg

"Picture of the spaceship E-89, cruising about the thirteenth planet of star system fifty-one, theyear 1997.In a littlewhile, supposedly, the ship will belanded and specimens taken, vegetable, mineral and, if any, animal. These will bebrought back to an overpopulated Earth, where technicians will evaluate them and, if everything is satisfactory, stamp their findings with the word 'inhabitable' and open up yet another planet for colonization. These are the things that are supposed to happen. Picture of the crew of the spaceship E-89: Captain Ross, Lieutenant Mason, Lieutenant Carter. Three men who have just reached a place which is as far from home as they will ever be. Three men who, in a matter of minutes, will be plunged into the darkest nightmare reaches....... of the Twilight Zone."

post-841-0-77451400-1356483565_thumb.png

Archived