If you had a time machine...

LedZep1969

Well, there's a lot:

1. I'd like to check out some dinosaurs.

2. I'd like to see the great pyramids of Giza being constructed, and the final product.

3. I'd like to visit ancient Greece and Rome. Maybe catch the murder of Julius Caesar.

4. I'd like to be around the time of Jesus. Maybe witness one of his miracles, and find out how close he and Mary Magdalene really were.

5. I'd like to visit some of my ancestors, because there is a big debate about the genealogy on my father's father side back around the 1750's.

6. I'd like to be there on the grassy knoll the day Kennedy was shot (not to see him die, but to maybe gather some new info).

7. I'd like to go back in time and make some investments in the stock market.

8. There are a bunch of Zeppelin concerts I would like to go to, starting with the first. Of course I would have to take today's recording technology, so we would have a few more bootlegs.

9. I'd like to go back and ignore the girl who became my wife.

As much as I would like to see Bonzo and some other rock stars not come to an early end to their lives, I wouldn't want to change anything that affects other people (except #9).

Edited by 3hrsoflunacy

Well, there's a lot:

1. I'd like to check out some dinosaurs.

2. I'd like to see the great pyramids of Giza being constructed, and the final product.

3. I'd like to visit ancient Greece and Rome. Maybe catch the murder of Julius Caesar.

4. I'd like to be around the time of Jesus. Maybe witness one of his miracles, and find out how close he and Mary Magdalene really were.

5. I'd like to visit some of my ancestors, because there is a big debate about the genealogy on my father's father side back around the 1750's.

6. I'd like to be there on the grassy knoll the day Kennedy was shot (not to see him die, but to maybe gather some new info).

7. I'd like to go back in time and make some investments in the stock market.

8. There are a bunch of Zeppelin concerts I would like to go to, starting with the first. Of course I would have to take today's recording technology, so we would have a few more bootlegs.

9. I'd like to go back and ignore the girl who became my wife.

As much as I would like to see Bonzo and some other rock stars not come to an early end to their lives, I wouldn't want to change anything that affects other people (except #9).

How about if I just tag along :bagoverhead:

1. I'd want to be in NYC for the Roaring '20s. Be a part of the jazz scene.

2. Texas School Book Depository. I want to satisfy my curiosity as to whether or not what I believe is the truth.

3. 1968 Democratic Convention.

4. NYE 1979

5. Miracle On Ice

6. June 7th, 1982. I'd tell my parents that I'm worth the grief they're going to go through AND to see if the story about my dad having a full head of brown hair that day and gray hair the next is true.

there's probably a million things we'd all rush into without thinking through the consequences and knock-on effects, but ..........1980 - grab hold of a doctor, grab hold of a taxi, and pull Bonzo back from the brink.

Dec. 8, 1980 - Be in NYC at the Dakota to beat the stuffing out of M.D. Chapman before he could assasinate John Lennon.

I'd go back to the day I saw Jimi play for free in Golden Gate Park, but this time I'd have my camera and lots of film and not be stoned out of my mind. Then I could come back with all those pics and get them published in a ton of rock history books. :D Then I'd go back to 1959 to my fave fishing spot behind the Ferry Building in San Francisco. And finally, I'd go back to World War 1 and kill Hitler before he could ever come to power.

Front row at any night from Zep's Earls Court shows.

But I would have just loved to have been a part of the whole Swinging London scene in the mid to late 60's. Seemed like a truly magical time.

You better bring your guns with you! Or the injuns will get you! LOL

Errr, I would look pretty odd with my gun back then. What's say you try it first. I will take cash and buy a new S&W or Colt .45

:hysterical:

<edit>

Correction, I better convert the moolah to gold and take the gold.

Edited by Speed Racer

I'm gonna say I'd like to be a noblewoman of some period or other, perhaps pre-Victorian, late 1700s kinda time. Get to wear pretty dresses, lounge around, write sordid diaries and generally be a scandalous embarrassment to my family. Yes.

I'm gonna say I'd like to be a noblewoman of some period or other, perhaps pre-Victorian, late 1700s kinda time. Get to wear pretty dresses, lounge around, write sordid diaries and generally be a scandalous embarrassment to my family. Yes.

:lol: That does sound like fun. I would love to experience the decadence of those times, and the appreciation people had for craftsmanship and beauty back then. I would also love to go back to the late 60s through the 70s for Zep, of course. There are aspects of almost every time period that I would like to experience.

1. I would like to go back to the late 60's and early 70's. It was such a great time for music. I would go to see concerts by Elvis Presley, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, The Doors, Zeppelin, etc,.

2. I would go back to my childhood before me and my friends got interested in girls and we would just have loads of fun and have no worries and would just play road hockey all day long.

I wish I could go back when my GF and I first had sex. I gave her my best show and I wished i just kept a little back. It's sad to say it's been downhill since. I can still get a quality start in every time, but the days of complete game shutout with the occassional perfect game are long gone.

and to her credit, im still not worthy.

• 1 year later...

If I could travel back in time I would travel back to 1968 and get to know Peter Grant and Jimmy Page and tell them that I would be the perfect road manager for the new band they were forming. Of course, I would become their road manager instead of Richard Cole. Knowing what I know now including all the highs and lows of Led Zeppelin's rise and fall, I would pretty much keep their history intact. Of course, I would prevent alot of the "lows" that eventually brought on the demise of the "mighty Led Zeppelin". Besides being an actual member of Led Zeppelin (or Peter Grant), which I would not want to be, this would be the next best "gig" that I can think of.