If you had a time machine...

LedZep1969

• 2 months later...
On 07/20/2008 at 12:05 AM, LedZep1969 said:

what would be the first time period/place you would visit? I would go to 1968 and watching zep from there :)

I would go to 2007 and warn myself what tragedies I was about to face over the next few years and explain which friends were going to betray me and what unbelievably steep trials were on their way and then I would give myself next weeks winning lottery numbers.

I'd go to somewhere around now (last 5 years or so) and pick up a "mega-millions" type lottery win. Bank the 300 million or whatever to help fund other time traveling missions so I don't get caught out and obviously set up my family.

Next I'd kiss goodbye to the wife and kids, and attend most Zep concerts. Especially the more renown ones. Maybe a few other concerts from the '70s and early 80's bands I really love.

I'd buy the best cameras money could buy for 1963 and set up to capture in good detail the Kennedy assassination. Hire a pro team and get multiple angles including covering where the shots were fired from. "I was making a doco" would be my cover. Just so there was more of a document on that event.

I'd also look into the most intriguing UFO cases where there is Radar, testimony from military personnel, other strong circumstantial evidence that indicates something very unusual was indeed experienced, research the top 3, and see if I could set up to capture more detail on camera.

I'd be VERY tempted to go to Page's house that fateful night. But changing history can have unexpected and dire consequences. Not sure I'd intervene.

I would visit Jimmy Page and Peter Grant early on, setting up a meeting under some business guise to enlighten them to the benefit and value of multi-tracking a LOT of the concerts - AND filming them - and throw millions at them for that purpose. I'd work out a way that could work.

Oh, and I'd be buying first release Led Zeppelin vinyl by the bucketload. Enough for my collection and enough to trade or just share the love.

I would NOT travel forward. While incredibly tempting, I don't have enough faith in humanity to see what is in store for us at this time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2008 at 6:18 AM, 3hrsoflunacy said:

Well, there's a lot:

1. I'd like to check out some dinosaurs.

2. I'd like to see the great pyramids of Giza being constructed, and the final product.

3. I'd like to visit ancient Greece and Rome. Maybe catch the murder of Julius Caesar.

4. I'd like to be around the time of Jesus. Maybe witness one of his miracles, and find out how close he and Mary Magdalene really were.

5. I'd like to visit some of my ancestors, because there is a big debate about the genealogy on my father's father side back around the 1750's.

6. I'd like to be there on the grassy knoll the day Kennedy was shot (not to see him die, but to maybe gather some new info).

7. I'd like to go back in time and make some investments in the stock market.

8. There are a bunch of Zeppelin concerts I would like to go to, starting with the first. Of course I would have to take today's recording technology, so we would have a few more bootlegs.

9. I'd like to go back and ignore the girl who became my wife.

As much as I would like to see Bonzo and some other rock stars not come to an early end to their lives, I wouldn't want to change anything that affects other people (except #9).

Number 4 on your list for sure. And I would be tempted to go back to the nigh of the Last Supper and tell Jesus, lets get the hell out of here.  But of course it was his plan not to. And I would fear his judgement if I did anything like show up on that first Easter Sunday at the tomb.  So I guess I would go back to November 22nd 1963 and move Heaven and Earth to save John F Kennedy and save Jackie from the pain she would go through.  I would go up to the depository and take Oswald out.  And I would also be tempted to just get a look at the planet when Dinosaurs ruled the Earth.  If I could escape?  So many things that could kill you on land and sea and also in the air.  I might also want to see America when wooly mammoths and sabre tooth tigers roamed.  Or go back 4000 years and visit Egypt and Stonehenge?  But number one would be meeting Jesus.  No doubt. Not even close.  And I do believe I will meet him someday.  I just hope I am ready and am saved.

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

• 3 weeks later...

I would go back in time and tell Hitler his painting were really good and encourage him to continue as a painter. Then I would go forward in time and meet all the nice people who were not affected by a man who was happy to paint pictures.

6 hours ago, kipper said:

I would go back in time and tell Hitler his painting were really good and encourage him to continue as a painter. Then I would go forward in time and meet all the nice people who were not affected by a man who was happy to paint pictures.

Right on Kip, I agree on this 100%. Just imagine a world where Hitler became the German equivalent of Bob Ross. There was an interesting movie on this subject with John Cusak called Max, you should check it out.

It is truly amazing what impact environment has on a single human being and what they become.

• 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:13 PM, kipper said:

I would go back in time and tell columbus that he was not in  India.

Ha, I can't imagine having played Cowboys and Americans rather than Cowboys and Injuns.

48 minutes ago, kipper said:

do they have cowboys in England? I thought Englishmen rode sheep?

I've heard that it's the Welsh that ride sheep, but it's only a rumour. A Cowboy here is a tradesman who will leave a job half and badly done, nothing to do with things that go Moo, I believe over their you call them Flakes.

5 hours ago, JTM said:

I've heard that it's the Welsh that ride sheep, but it's only a rumour. A Cowboy here is a tradesman who will leave a job half and badly done, nothing to do with things that go Moo, I believe over their you call them Flakes.

here a "cowboy" can mean a lot of things. A hot shot-- or thinks he is, or someone who is impatient and charges right into things. In the city it also has a sexual reference too. Contractors who do a half ass job are so common here I dont think we have a name for them. My former land lady would never hire mexican immigrant workers because she said they were always flaky. Work hard not smart she would say. We also have gypsy tradesmen who go around taking advantage of people with bad work.

My former land lady would never hire mexican immigrant workers because she said they were always flaky. Work hard not smart she would say.

My old foreman used to tell them: 'Go ahead, do it the Mexican way.' I thought they were great guys to work with.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Yossarian said:

I would have  had Yoko One deported

She was really not that bad, Yoko gets a bad rap. Her music sucked but she was the one who kept Lennon in line for the most part. Before Lennon met Yoko, he was a violent, misogynistic prick who would beat the hell out of a guy for the slightest thing and treated women, including his first wife Cynthia, like shit.

Yoko really settled him down. She had nothing to do with the break up of the Beatles, that was an irreconcilable difference in musical direction between Lennon & McCartney, with some pissed off George Harrison thrown in for good measure.