IS JIMMY PAGE HEALTHY ENOUGH TO GO ON A FULL WORLD TOUR?

I have a day off today and am now watching the reunion show from 10 December 2007 at the 02 Arena in London, England on DVD. Watching this concert, it really does sound excellent. However, I am concerned for Jimmy. My question for all of you hard core die hard ZEPPELIN fanatics is IF ZEPPELIN DOES TOUR AGAIN, IS JIMMY HEALTHY ENOUGH TO FINISH THE WHOLE TOUR? As we all well know, Jimmy DID NOT finish the whole tour with THE BLACK CROWES. CAN JIMMY DO IT?

I have a day off today and am now watching the reunion show from 10 December 2007 at the 02 Arena in London, England on DVD. Watching this concert, it really does sound excellent. However, I am concerned for Jimmy. My question for all of you hard core die hard ZEPPELIN fanatics is IF ZEPPELIN DOES TOUR AGAIN, IS JIMMY HEALTHY ENOUGH TO FINISH THE WHOLE TOUR? As we all well know, Jimmy DID NOT finish the whole tour with THE BLACK CROWES. CAN JIMMY DO IT?

Yes!

Yep. He can and wants to tour. He's 64 and has been doing press, making numerous appearances lately (Foo Fighters concert and all around the world accepting awards, etc...)

Jones is 62, Plant is 59 (turns 60 next month) and Jason is a healthy 42.

If he doesn't do it now/soon (like by 2009), it is very unlikely that he will (IMHO).

R B)

Yep. He can and wants to tour. He's 64 and has been doing press, making numerous appearances lately (Foo Fighters concert and all around the world accepting awards, etc...)

Jones is 62, Plant is 59 (turns 60 next month) and Jason is a healthy 42.

If he doesn't do it now/soon (like by 2009), it is very unlikely that he will (IMHO).

R B)

I agree with you. If ZEPPELIN is going to do this World Tour, they better do it now while they still can. If they let more time go by, it'll be too late. ROCK ON!

:beer: I say yes - doing what he was born to do will envigorate him (at least mentally anyway), not weaken him.

But that said, he is a veteran now, and does not have unlimited time. So, every summer is precious and none of them can be wasted. And this is why Robert COULD NOT have said no - if he had, Jimmy would have put the wheels in motion during JAN/FEB and would now be making the most of 2008.

The only person who can answer that is Jimmy himself.

But he is looking absolutely fantastic these days, long may that continue - tour or no tour.

Rock on, Jimmy!

True. Let's hope he continues...

R B)

The only person who can answer that is Jimmy himself.

But he is looking absolutely fantastic these days, long may that continue - tour or no tour.

Rock on, Jimmy!

Hear, hear!! Well said.

And the same goes for Robert and JPJ :)

Oh, and of course, Jason :wub:

Hear, hear!! Well said.

And the same goes for Robert and JPJ :)

Oh, and of course, Jason :wub:

I would like to thank all of my fellow ZEPPELIN die hard hard core fanatics for all of their answers. I guess that the only answer to my question is that JIMMY PAGE CAN DO A WORLD TOUR AND FINISH IT! ROCK ON! LONG LIVE THE MIGHTY LED ZEPPELIN!

why ask this question only about jimmy? they are all similar in age ( except jason ). i would say that they could all cope with a tour easily. but not in the way they did in the old days........this tour would have more days off scheduled in, so they can better recover. robert especially would need this, i think , to rest his voice. and dont forget they are all off substances these days, i think it has been said that robert was the only one who drank alcohol at the 02. so that would make a big difference.

and i will volunteer my sevices as jimmys personal assistant/masseuse, so NO WORRIES! :D

As we all well know, Jimmy DID NOT finish the whole tour with THE BLACK CROWES.

The back injury back then had nothing to do with the rigors of the tour itself. It was something which occurred while offstage on an off day. He's only human.

Hello;

This is a great thread not only about Jimmy's health but for keeping healthy in general so a person can "rock" or whatever in their 50+ years..just look who's still doing it....

I was reading an article on Christopher Plummer last weekend in The Toronto Star. He is best known as Captain Von Trapp in The Sound of Music with Julie Andrews as Maria. He is 78. He is performing this year at the Stratford Festival. One of his roles is Anthony of Anthony and Cleopatra.

To sum up his comments on retirement.."NO"...He is still in demand all over the world for film and stage work...

Juliet :D

Jimmy stated in a recent interview - it's on YouTube somewhere, I think it's one from Japan,

The O2 show was the first time I had played with Led Zeppelin sober.

Jimmy's drug/alcohol problems have unfortunately hampered his productivity, and I think that would be the most likely reason he would be unable to tour. If he is sober now, then I don't see why he wouldn't be able to tour.

Maybe he should wear oven mits on his hands though, to protect from any further injuries.

True. Let's hope he continues...

R B)

The whole tour question about health issues is simple .(1)Jimmy don't appear to drink alcohol anymore (not jimmy's or jpj's cup of tea now)(2)I believe that drugs or narcotics would not be a issue; as well he don't need that sort of high now .The music gives jimmy that natural high. (3)A tour would not necessarily mean it would have to embark on a massive scale as to what Robert and Alison are doing at the moment .Say 1 concert in America .1 in England .1 in Australia .1 in japan.etc :cheer:

if he can stay as healthy as he was at the 02 concert yea same with JPJ, the only concern is Robert Plant

Robert has already proved his tour fitness with the Raising Sand tour.

The whole tour question about health issues is simple .(1)Jimmy don't appear to drink alcohol anymore (not jimmy's or jpj's cup of tea now)(2)I believe that drugs or narcotics would not be a issue; as well he don't need that sort of high now .The music gives jimmy that natural high. (3)A tour would not necessarily mean it would have to embark on a massive scale as to what Robert and Alison are doing at the moment .Say 1 concert in America .1 in England .1 in Australia .1 in japan.etc :cheer:

Addiction doesn't work that way...With no inside knowledge I am making assumptions here, but it would seem that Page has had constant drug and alcohol problems from the mid-70s until at least the late-90s, approximately 25 years. For someone with that history, staying sober is a full-time occupation. It's not as simple as getting a 'natural high from music'. Page, like millions of other addicts, will be a recovering drug addict for the rest of his life.

Robert has already proved his tour fitness with the Raising Sand tour.

Addiction doesn't work that way...With no inside knowledge I am making assumptions here, but it would seem that Page has had constant drug and alcohol problems from the mid-70s until at least the late-90s, approximately 25 years. For someone with that history, staying sober is a full-time occupation. It's not as simple as getting a 'natural high from music'. Page, like millions of other addicts, will be a recovering drug addict for the rest of his life.

what ;you think he might take up his nicotine addiction again. :coffee:

Archived