Some tips for voting...

LedZep1969

"What is it with you that you feel the need to be so bigotted, [Deleted]? And yes you are a bigot... probably the worst kind too. You go through life convincing yourself that you are not a bigot, however your constant barrage of anti-[homosexual] and anti-[Muslim] and anti-[non-American] comments shows your true colors."

Yeah,.. you tell him! :thumbsup:

:whistling:

:P

If the American people elect Obama this fall then everyone will need to respect him as our democratically elected leader. I may not like it, but he will still deserve our best wishes, support and respect.

I'm gonna keep this quote in a handy place...you know, for future quick reference..

...lest you decide at some point to go all "disrespectful" on President Obama. ;)

^_^

You are such a pathetic anti-American Gainsbarre. To even compare Hitler to the office of the President of the United States is such an offensive comment that I don't even think your friends here are going to find it amusing.

Hitler was a mass murderer who came to power not by way of any accepted democratic process. There is no way that could ever happen with the office of the Presidency. Don't you realize that when you disrespect our democratically elected leader, you also disrespect the Americans who voted for him as well?

What is it with you that you feel the need to be so bigotted Gainsbarre? And yes you are a bigot... probably the worst kind too. You go through life convincing yourself that you are not a bigot, however your constant barrage of anti-American and anti-Christian comments shows your true colors.

Just what is it that pissed you off Gainsbarre? Is it because a majority of Americans as well as world citizens view homosexuality as being a negative for society? Is that what is still stuck in your craw?

And yet ironically, or perhaps not, you write the most bigoted, hate-filled post in this thread...

You seem to have minor psychotic episodes if anyone disagrees with you Del, your rants have little to do with me, actually, and I think are more symptomatic of some emotional or mental problems you might have.

I mean as sincerely as I can say this, are you sure you're alright?

Anyway, on a technical note, Hitler came to power in a largely democractic country and assumed the office of Chancellor which, like the office of President, is a role that comes with an assumed respect, so it wasn't insulting or inappropriate to ask you the question

Actually it's fascinating, your response. You were caught in a conumdrum. You hate Hitler, of course, but yet you couldn't back down on your comment about the office of President automatically requiring respect. That would mean either saying Hitler would've had to be shown respect because he was President, or conceding that the office of President doesn't always deserve respect. You weren't going to to do either of those, so you chose the easiest way out of it by completely avoiding the question AND abusing me with moral outrage and indignation that I would even ask such a question... along with directing the issue back to homosexuality of all things...

I'm gonna keep this quote in a handy place...you know, for future quick reference..

...lest you decide at some point to go all "disrespectful" on President Obama. ;)

^_^

If that guy is elected I'm sure I won't have time to be disrespectful to him...

I'll probably be too busy fighting terrorists on battlefields in this country.

:P

And yet ironically, or perhaps not, you write the most bigoted, hate-filled post in this thread...

You seem to have minor psychotic episodes if anyone disagrees with you Del, your rants have little to do with me, actually, and I think are more symptomatic of some emotional or mental problems you might have.

I mean as sincerely as I can say this, are you sure you're alright?

No, what happened in this thread is that you called our President a "monkey", or at least compared him to a monkey. You have made similar rude comments about our President, our laws and the United States in general. Obviously you have a bigotted attitude towards this country, and your comments over the months have reflected that. It was you who made this a problem not I. And the fact that you seem to like to "dish it out" but "can't take it" makes you the one coming off looking like a crybaby Gainsbarre.

Did you or did you not call George Bush a monkey?

Anyway, on a technical note, Hitler came to power in a largely democractic country and assumed the office of Chancellor which, like the office of President, is a role that comes with an assumed respect, so it wasn't insulting or inappropriate to ask you the question

Actually it's fascinating, your response. You were caught in a conumdrum. You hate Hitler, of course, but yet you couldn't back down on your comment about the office of President automatically requiring respect. That would mean either saying Hitler would've had to be shown respect because he was President, or conceding that the office of President doesn't always deserve respect. You weren't going to to do either of those...

And you're the one saying that I need mental health care?

Look, it's a pretty simple thing Gainsbarre, the office of our President can never be compared to a totalitarian dictator and mass murderer like Adolph Hitler. I'm not really sure what type of bizarre logic you subscribe too, but most people would be offended by the implication that our President is any way comparable to that. It's these types of outlandish comments that only dig your hole deeper and deeper. Which is why I asked the question about what your problem is?

so you chose the easiest way out of it by completely avoiding the question AND abusing me with moral outrage and indignation that I would even ask such a question... along with directing the issue back to homosexuality of all things...

Hey, if you think it's fair game to make parrallels to nazi Germany when discussing our President, then I think it's fair game to ask you what is at the root of your obvious bias. And obviously I struck the 'nerve' I was looking for by your response. Which was only part of the response here in the thread because you also sent me this PM -- (and I will respond to the PM here in the thread as well because you have this nasty habit of sending PM's but in turn blocking people so they can't respond)

Gainsbarre's PM

It's not bigotry to say America is politically naive, and you're the one who at the drop of a hat has been displaying, at every available opportunity, your homophobia and hatred of gay people

After your latest rant, I am now convinced, more than ever that you have serious mental health problems, and I fully recommend that you receive treatment with a with either a psychologist, or if necessary, a psychiatrist

Like I said, I obviously struck a nerve with my question. And basically what this is all about is the fact that I like many other Americans and people around the world believe that "marriage" is something that should be between ONE MAN and ONE WOMAN. And I along with the majority of people in my State have voted for just that. But you believe that equals "homophobia and hatred of gay people" - the fact that I have exercised my democratic right to vote (which ironically is the topic of this thread).

I wonder Gainsbarre if you are so naive as to believe that the majority of people in my country are just haters of homosexuals. Is that what you think? It's just that simple of an answer for you? I guess it's just so easy for you to make that claim based on the fact that good people have a difference of opinion about what constitutes a marriage. Too bad that you are way of the mark on that one.

Hey do me a favor and don't send me PM's Gainsbarre okay. I've made that request before but you must have just forgotten. If you have something to say, then say it in the thread. But just keep in mind that if you say something as offensive and rude as calling our President (whoever that President is) a monkey... then don't be shocked if I respond.

Welcome to how he operates, don't be surprised. When in doubt, defame, defame, defame.

I think what Gainsbarre is looking of is a hug Lizzy. So why don't you go ahead and take care of that for him, okay puddin'.

:D

No, what happened in this thread is that you called our President a "monkey", or at least compared him to a monkey. You have made similar rude comments about our President, our laws and the United States in general. Obviously you have a bigotted attitude towards this country, and your comments over the months have reflected that. It was you who made this a problem not I. And the fact that you seem to like to "dish it out" but "can't take it" makes you the one coming off looking like a crybaby Gainsbarre.

:lol:

Oh man...

Actually forget the psychologist Del, go straight to the Psychiatrist. They can help you, and you need help, darlin'...

And you believe in...the authority of the throne? ;)

Yeah it was a nice try at smugness but it didn't work. :)

The only throne I accept the authority of is the one next to my bathroom ;)

I do support and believe in a constitutional monarchy though, for various reasons I've already explained.

I don't like the American system of democracy (ooh shock horror how dare I say that!) I don't belive that the head of state and the head of government should be the one person

And I do believe the USA is a country that lacks political cynicism, largely because, I think, it is still suffering from this 'American Ideology' that developed during the Cold War.

And just because American companies have a made a shitload of money, and because the USA has a big fat army, doesn't mean your founding fathers created the best form of Government in the history of humanity.

The USA isn't the only democracy in the world, and the American style of democracy isn't the only form of democracy. And to some of you, you have been so blinded by the ideology and patriotism, that you honestly believe your country's way is the absolute best way, that your country is absolute best country and your country can do absolutely no wrong. And to question anything about your country is derided as anti-democratic or anti-american of whatever shit that's designed to silence any criticism.

And if the majority of your society thinks that way, then your society will collapse because it is unable to examine itself and adapt to change.

And yes you are a bigot...

:huh:

So...Gainsbarre is a bigot because he implicitely compared George Bush to monkey....

....and so you responded with numerous extensive, defensive pro-American posts, and even threw in several comments concerning Gansbarre's sexual orientation...

Yes Del, that makes perfect sense. Gainsbarre is a bigot.

:rolleyes:

:huh:

So...Gainsbarre is a bigot because he implicitely compared George Bush to monkey....

....and so you responded with numerous extensive, defensive pro-American posts, and even threw in several comments concerning Gansbarre's sexual orientation...

Yes Del, that makes perfect sense. Gainsbarre is a bigot.

:rolleyes:

Yes I did respond in defense, and made it clear that I was offended by Gainsbarre calling our President a monkey. What's wrong with that?

And as for Gainbarre's sexual preference, I made no comment that was bigotted or defamatory. I was simply trying to get at what his problem is with me, and I suspect that it has to do with a difference in opinion on what the definition of marriage is. We have had this arguement in other threads. Gainsbarre's automatic assumption is that if good people are opposed to his political agenda, then they are hateful bigots. However, it doesn't matter what he says about America or Americans -- he figures he can get away with just about anything. And for him to compare our office of the President to Adolph Hitler's dictatorship, I took that as a very hateful and rude remark.

I'm just trying to figure out where all this anti-American sentiment comes from with Gainsbarre. And I pretty much found the answer. I personally don't care about his sexual choices. I do care however what his comments about my country are.

Yes I did respond in defense, and made it clear that I was offended by Gainsbarre calling our President a monkey. What's wrong with that?

And as for Gainbarre's sexual preference, I made no comment that was bigotted or defamatory. I was simply trying to get at what his problem is with me, and I suspect that it has to do with a difference in opinion on what the definition of marriage is. We have had this arguement in other threads. Gainsbarre's automatic assumption is that if good people are opposed to his political agenda, then they are hateful bigots. However, it doesn't matter what he says about America or Americans -- he figures he can get away with just about anything. And for him to compare our office of the President to Adolph Hitler's dictatorship, I took that as a very hateful and rude remark.

I'm just trying to figure out where all this anti-American sentiment comes from with Gainsbarre. And I pretty much found the answer. I personally don't care about his sexual choices. I do care however what his comments about my country are.

Hi Del, I really don't think Gains meant to compare them, he was asking a hypothetical question using the most disgusting person he could think of in order to ask the question "Does the POTUS deserve our respect just because he holds that office?" Knowing no one in their right mind would give respect to Hitler I think it's a thought provoking question....

How many times in the past have you posted a comment or a picture that mocked Elizabeth II? How about other foreign statesmen? Or simply people from foreign countries? You're not the one who should tell others to be respectful.

I think George W. Bush is an incompetent idiot. Deal with it.

And as for Gainbarre's sexual preference, I made no comment that was bigotted or defamatory. I was simply trying to get at what his problem is with me, and I suspect that it has to do with a difference in opinion on what the definition of marriage is. We have had this arguement in other threads.

His problem with you? You were the one who responded to his post and you were the one who were attacking him from the start. The fact that you mentioned his sexual preference is enough; it's completely off-topic, therefore it can be considered defamatory. I've seen your arguments in the other threads.

Gainsbarre's automatic assumption is that if good people are opposed to his political agenda, then they are hateful bigots.

....and that's why you called him a bigot. Get a clue, Del.

However, it doesn't matter what he says about America or Americans -- he figures he can get away with just about anything. And for him to compare our office of the President to Adolph Hitler's dictatorship, I took that as a very hateful and rude remark.

He did no such thing. He asked a simple question: why should we respect people that don't deserve our respect?

You took it as a very hateful and rude remark because you wanted to take it as a hateful and rude remark.

He made no comments about your country, he made a comment about your president. If you think that that's one and the same thing, then you are a bigot. Sorry.

As I see it..

A. Gaines put Del's "The office of the Presidency should be respected even if one doesn't respect the person holding the office" assertion to the test by asking Del if he would still respect the office even if the person holding the office was Hitler.

B. It was NOT a "comparison" of the presidency to Hitler, as Del claimed, it was simply a hypothetical question.. and a challenging one at that.

C. Gaines used Hitler as his example because we can all readily agree that Hitler is not deserving of respect, and therefore Hitler very clearly meets the "even if you don't respect the person holding the office" criteria set forth by Del. The question/challenge to Del was therefore quite clear and straightforward.

D. Rather than step up to the challenge and answer the question, Del instead chose

to avoid the question by acting all offended. :rolleyes: [the following is a re-enactment]:

-------------------

*and.. action!*

"OMG!!.. that is so offensive!! How dare you make such a vile comparison! Surely even your friends will reject you for crossing that unholy line! Why do you hate America so much anyway? Is it because you're gay? My God, you're such a bigot! It disgusts me! I'm disgusted that you'd make that comparison; I'm disgusted that you hate America; I'm disgusted that you're gay; and I'm disgusted that you're a bigot! (Oh my goodness gracious I do I believe I'm faklempt.. and apoplectic too! Hey boy,.. yes, you there.. bring me a glass of water.. with a squeeze of lime in it... and hurry up, damn you!)"

*dramatic pause*

*and.. scene!*

-------------------

Del's imagined response to his performance: praise.gif

Actual response that Del-vaudeville receives: tomatos.gif

:P^_^

E. Imho, Del should stop being such a drama queen and he should simply answer the question.

Q: Would you still respect the office of the presidency if someone as heinous as Hitler held that office? [in other words: Is your respect for the office of the presidency unqualified (absolute).. or is it qualified (subject to exceptions)?]

C'mon, Del,.. answer the question, muh-man! :cheer:

munchies.gif

Edited by Hermit_

I know this post is going to be totally ignored, but oh well...I feel like posting in this thread, so there.

I think that patriotism is a very nice quality. I love my country (Canada), and I feel sad for anyone that doesn't love their country.

The thing is....the leader of a country that is elected by 'the people' is HUMAN. He or she is a human being...they make mistakes, they are NOT infallible.

I am not happy with George W. Bush. I am Canadian, but I live in the US, and his decisions affect the way I live. Yes, I chose to live here, because I fell in love with an American. But I do not like the way he handles things, and I can't wait for 3 years to be over so I can apply for American citizenship so that I can vote. I take these things seriously, and greatly anticipate the time when I will have the right to vote here.

I do respect the office of the President. I am obsessed with Revolutionary War history, and greatly respect the men who led the early United States of America. I read all the literature on these men...and I think that the current President could learn a thing or two from the founding fathers of the nation. With all of their own human mistakes.

I respect the office of Prime Minister in my own country, but I still greatly disagree with who holds that office now. That's the great thing about being in a free society. You can do that and not be arrested. Awesome. Often, I hear derogatory things about Canada....I do feel upset, but I remember that everyone in this world is entitled to their own opinion. All I can do is defend my country the best I can. Without attacking others for the way they feel....it's a fine line to walk.

Edited by ZoSoDragon

Your post shouldn't be ignored, because you make a great point. It shows how someone who is not an American (at least not yet) understands what is going on this country and has formed an informed opinion on that. I don't know why some people choose to feel that if you're not from this country, your opinion on this country and the people in it or the people who run it, matter less or not at all.

Edited by Electrophile

Your post shouldn't be ignored, because you make a great point. It shows how someone who is not an American (at least not yet) understands what is going on this country and has formed an informed opinion on that. I don't know why some people choose to feel that if you're not from this country, your opinion on this country and the people in it or the people who run it, matter less or not at all.

Thank you :)

-------------------

*and.. action!*

"OMG!!.. that is so offensive!! How dare you make such a vile comparison! Surely even your friends will reject you for crossing that unholy line! Why do you hate America so much anyway? Is it because you're gay? My God, you're such a bigot! It disgusts me! I'm disgusted that you'd make that comparison; I'm disgusted that you hate America; I'm disgusted that you're gay; and I'm disgusted that you're a bigot! (Oh my goodness gracious I do I believe I'm faklempt.. and apoplectic too! Hey boy,.. yes, you there.. bring me a glass of water.. with a squeeze of lime in it... and hurry up, damn you!)"

*dramatic pause*

*and.. scene!*

-------------------

:lol: