Star Trek

Star Trek was all about the sex! That's what it was about from day one. Why do you think the nerd's like it so much? I can say this because I'm one of those nerd's! To an extent....

Yeah, and it was a bit sexist too!

"Where no MAN has gone before!", the women were just along for the ride and to be sextoys! :lol:

Oh I know boys will be boys, that's why I found it so funny that you guys seemed to be a bit off topic.

Star Trek was all about sex? :o I thought it was about space explorers seeking out new life and new civilations. Although you get a group of men and women couped up on a space ship for who knows how long, sex will happen. :rolleyes:

The show of the sixties was sexist, but that was the way it was back then. Kirk's monologe was "Where no man has gone before" Picard was more political correct:

"Space... The final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. It's continuing mission, to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no one has gone before."

Oh, the men were along as toys to the women too. Reminds me of the episode when the crew were infected and had very loose inhibitions and Tasha Yar wanted to know if Data was a "fully functional android". :lol:

Edited by ledzepfvr

That looks like a man! :unsure: Data may not be too sure about his sexuality. How inhumane! :lol:

Yeah, Crosby is a macho looking woman with the short hair cut, broad shoulders and regular sized boobies! She is still nice looking though! Just needs to grow the hair out some!

Ya see.... I told you it was all about sex! :D

Now she looks like this http://www.denisecrosby.net/home.htm

Edited by BonzoLikeDrumer

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Go Boldly to the Palace – and Arise, Sir Patrick

by Associated Press

Jun 2nd, 2010 | 9:49 AM | Comments 0 LONDON

Patrick Stewart has been upgraded from captain – to knight.

The actor – famous for playing Capt. Jean-Luc Picard on ‘Star Trek: The Next Generation‘ – officially became Sir Patrick Stewart when he was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace on Wednesday.

While ‘Star Trek’ introduced him to a different group of fans, Stewart is also a widely respected stage actor.

The 69-year-old actor discovered the theater as a child, and said “my heroes were Sir Laurence Olivier, Sir John Gielgud, Sir Alec Guinness.” Being “in that company is the grandest thing that has professionally happened to me.”

Stewart joined Britain’s storied Royal Shakespeare Company in his 20s, and in 2008 was nominated for a Tony award for the leading role in “Macbeth.”

• 9 months later...

Star Trek was all about sex? :o I thought it was about space explorers seeking out new life and new civilations. Although you get a group of men and women couped up on a space ship for who knows how long, sex will happen.

The next sequel examines this phenomemom

TONIGHT at the American Cinematheque@Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood...with GEORGE TAKEI IN PERSON!

Star Trek Celebration @ American Cinematheque

TO BOLDLY GO…: CELEBRATING STAR TREK

In 1979, Robert Wise's STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE kicked off a mania for TV-to-movie adaptations that has thrived ever since and spawned multiple sequels, tributes and spin-offs. To celebrate the STAR TREK film series, we've chosen six of the eight films in the franchise, plumbing deep for gems in the Trek universe that haven't necessarily received the tribute they deserve. All of these films embody the ideals of sci-fi's first franchise that have endured for more than 40 years. May they continue to live long and prosper for many more.

Please join us at the Egyptian Theatre for our STAR TREK tribute, including 35mm screenings of THE WRATH OF KHAN and THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK, plus THE VOYAGE HOME, THE FINAL FRONTIER and THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY in 70mm.

Series compiled by Grant Moninger.

Discussion with cast and crew following STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE and with the STAR TREK IV, V and VI screenings.

Egyptian Theatre • Thu, March 24 - Sun, March 27

Films in this Series at the Egyptian

STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE

Thu, March 24 - 7:30pm

Egyptian Theatre

STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN / STAR TREK III: THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK

Fri, March 25 - 7:30pm

Egyptian Theatre

STAR TREK IV: THE VOYAGE HOME / STAR TREK V: THE FINAL FRONTIER

Sat, March 26 - 7:30pm

Egyptian Theatre

STAR TREK VI: THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY