Star Trek

I be more of NGC and Voyager fan. And may I say the new series bites. Netflix payed way too much for what it turned out to be.. ha jokes on them. Now they wanna revive it with a Picard spinn in a new universe scenario more rough and tough. That i would be interested to see, othwerise, either let it be or stop making prequals and just move on. 

20 hours ago, PanicCooker said:

I be more of NGC and Voyager fan. And may I say the new series bites. Netflix payed way too much for what it turned out to be.. ha jokes on them. Now they wanna revive it with a Picard spinn in a new universe scenario more rough and tough. That i would be interested to see, othwerise, either let it be or stop making prequals and just move on. 

Hi Cooker, welcome on board.

I agree with you, the new series is sh*t and has nothing to do with Roddenberry's ideas. The Klingons aren't the ultimate evil that has to be completely destroyed. That's not the vision of Star Trek.
None of the characters is positive, they are all stressed, hysterical, paranoid and violent. Like all the other Netflix stuff. And most of all: there is no fun. There is so much humour in all the different Star Trek series.
I like The Orville, it's a great ST tribute.

I like TNG and VOY most, too. Favorite episode (of all ST series) is ST:VOY Scorpion.
But I love ST:TOS also very much.

I'm not convinced about a Picard spin-off. Patrick Stewart is 78 years old and we know that at this age Captain Picard is suffering from the Irumodic Syndrome ;)

3 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

Hi Cooker, welcome on board.

I agree with you, the new series is sh*t and has nothing to do with Roddenberry's ideas. The Klingons aren't the ultimate evil that has to be completely destroyed. That's not the vision of Star Trek.
None of the characters is positive, they are all stressed, hysterical, paranoid and violent. Like all the other Netflix stuff. And most of all: there is no fun. There is so much humour in all the different Star Trek series.
I like The Orville, it's a great ST tribute.

I like TNG and VOY most, too. Favorite episode (of all ST series) is ST:VOY Scorpion.
But I love ST:TOS also very much.

I'm not convinced about a Picard spin-off. Patrick Stewart is 78 years old and we know that at this age Captain Picard is suffering from the Irumodic Syndrome ;)

I think this will explain all.

Oriville is more star trek than the new star trek

Edited by PanicCooker

On 10/28/2018 at 3:19 PM, PanicCooker said:

True words! The Orville has heart and soul and humour and some really good plots. And a lot of ST's staff are involved.

Thanks for sharing the video.

• 1 month later...
On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:32 PM, kipper said:

star-trek-at-the-ok-corral-2.jpg

L 2 R - Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scottie, Dunno

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:19 AM, PanicCooker said:

I will now thank you for my welcome. A very warm welcome. Thank you. I will now take my daily dosage of covfefe. I like it with some sugar and some cream. I like it warm to hot.

What are your 3 favorite Star Treks. I love space. Great video. I grew up on Star Trek. I liked Q. How did he get his start?

TNG and voyager faves!

Deep space was a big nothing,

the first original series, got nothign against, it was the best , but not my favorite.

Enterprise was ok, had good origin story, considering it was before the original. Was true to it's fanbase

I just found out of a new animated series based on the support crew of the original series. :D nice

wiki:

Lower Decks

On October 25, 2018, CBS announced a two-season order for a new half-hour adult comedy animated series, set on one of Starfleet’s least important ships and focusing on the support crew. The series is created by Mike McMahan, head writer and executive producer of Rick and Morty.[78]"

Am curious of the Picard Timeline they anounced

Bout Q

Edited by PanicCooker

well to be fair, was the sci fi period. they were cranking out a lotta shows.

I see deep space 9 as a filler more than anything. Can do with and without. Least they kept the trek spirit, maybe a bit too goofie. Tho q got punched that was funny!, but not as much as Janeway put him in his place! :D