If you could bring a dead rock star back to life

Mudbugclub

I just wanted to tell you guys that John Bonham is currently winning in this poll!

If you could bring a dead rock star back to life for one gig, who would it be?

John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, Elvis, Kurt Cobain, Buddy Holly, Freddie Mercury? Or someone else?

This Day in Music are carrying out a world-wide survey to see which dead rock stars people would want to see again - for one night only!

Who would you pick? You can see a full list and vote on

http://www.thisdayinmusic.com

I just wanted to tell you guys that John Bonham is currently winning in this poll!

John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, Elvis, Kurt Cobain, Buddy Holly, Freddie Mercury? Or someone else?

This Day in Music are carrying out a world-wide survey to see which dead rock stars people would want to see again - for one night only!

There's so many of course, but I would love to have Janis back....

There's so many of course, but I would love to have Janis back....

agreed. I'm currently reading Love, Janis (the book her sister wrote) and have been listening to her a lot. such and amazing talent!!

if I could bring 3 dead rock stars back to life they'd be (in no particular order) Janis, Bonzo and Freddie Mercury.

agreed. I'm currently reading Love, Janis (the book her sister wrote) and have been listening to her a lot. such and amazing talent!!

if I could bring 3 dead rock stars back to life they'd be (in no particular order) Janis, Bonzo and Freddie Mercury.

I LOVE THAT BOOK! I would love to have JANIS back as well. Actually, I would love to have all of the dead greats back for one big world tour and blow everybody away!

I missed seeing Buddy Holly on the List.... :(

I shouldn't laugh... :lol:

My vote goes for either Jim Morrison or Andrew Wood from Mother Love Bone.

Actually, Keith Richards should have the starring role. He looks like he died and came back to life at least seven times. (Forgive me Keith, I'm just kidding!) ROCK ON!

The sad part is that many who are tempting choices would probably just find some way to do it again - it makes Buddy Holly the most logical choice?

But imagine bringing Bonzo back, putting him side by side with his son, on some mountain top - to pound away in unison until Plant comes frolicking along, mezmerised and ready for the calling!?!?!?

John Lennon

Vivian Stanshall

Brian Jones

Jimi Hendrix

John Bonham

George Harrison

Elvis

Great choices all! Couldn't have picked them any better. How bout Keith (Moon The Loon) Moon? How bout Jerry Garcia? How bout Mama Cass Elliott? How bout Dennis Wilson? How bout Syd Barrett? How bout John Entwistle? How bout Rick Danko? How bout Stevie Ray Vaughan? I'm sure that the list is long but I know that all of you know of many more. I know right now that there is a great gig in the sky consisting of all of the great legends of Rock n' Roll. Just listen! ROCK ON!

I know right now that there is a great gig in the sky consisting of all of the great legends of Rock n' Roll. Just listen! ROCK ON!

You know, we might actually piss God off - if he was just in the middle of enjoying a Hendrix wildman routine, and then "POOF" he was gone!?!?!?

You know, we might actually piss God off - if he was just in the middle of enjoying a Hendrix wildman routine, and then "POOF" he was gone!?!?!?

That would be because Brian Jones (The Prince Of Darkness) showed up to the gig with Lucifer and got everyone thrown out of heaven.

That would be because Brian Jones (The Prince Of Darkness) showed up to the gig with Lucifer and got everyone thrown out of heaven.

Wouldn't he have laid that golden guitar on the ground by Jimi's feet - and bowed his head cause he knew that he'd been beat?

Wouldn't he have laid that golden guitar on the ground by Jimi's feet - and bowed his head cause he knew that he'd been beat?

And what did Jimi say to the serpent, "Let me tell you something you son of a bitch, I'M THE BEST DAMN GUITARIST THATS EVER BEEN!" ROCK ON!

Archived