Batman Arrested

Black Dawg

Oh dear. I saw him interviewed live on breakfast TV yesterday and thought he seemed really odd. I put it down to a mix of respect for HL and annoyance that all the focus was on him. Guess I had no idea about the bigger picture.

Edited by Knebby

Oh dear. I saw him interviewed live on breakfast TV yesterday and thought he seemed really odd. I put it down to a mix of respect for HL and annoyance that all the focus was on him. Guess I had no idea about the bigger picture.

Blimey...

And I thought his only crime was bad acting...

He was not arrested for 'beating' his mother and sister....it was for assault (most likely, verbal assault).

In England (where he was arrested), the term assault is not the same as assault and battery.

He has not been charged with anything yet.

Don't you think the police would've put his ass in jail if he really beat his mother?

He probably got into an argument with his family, kicked a few chairs, maybe threw something at the wall....it's far too early to judge.

He was not arrested for 'beating' his mother and sister....it was for assault (most likely, verbal assault).

In England (where he was arrested), the term assault is not the same as assault and battery.

He has not been charged with anything yet.

Don't you think the police would've put his ass in jail if he really beat his mother?

He probably got into an argument with his family, kicked a few chairs, maybe threw something at the wall....it's far too early to judge.

Most parents don't call in the police on those terms.

Especially more than 24 hours later.

Edited by Knebby

I read that he got arrested on verbal assault charges. Don't know how much truth there is in it, but it's an arrestable offence. I don't think he'd be so silly as to 'beat' anyone up - least of all his mother and sister.

ohmygosh.....if i'm ever caught, i'll do life, i know it!

I don't know...I feel like he wouldn't be beating up his mother and sister either. I guess I'm biased because I really like him, have ever since I was a teenager, but I don't know...

I think the police would have kept him in custody if they really believed he did anything. Maybe he just had an argument with them, and it escalated into calling the police...it happens. Then the media blew it out of proportion, as they're known to do...

And yet since it was actually his MOTHER and SISTER who reported him, my impression of this thread is that his fans are already making excuses for him.

His mother and his sister fer Chrissakes.

That has to mean something.

Edited by Knebby

And yet since it was actually his MOTHER and SISTER who reported him, my impression of this thread is that his fans are already making excuses for him.

His mother ad his sister fer Chrissakes. That has to mean something.

Why, because family are always right and always make the right decisions?

Just because they're 'family'?

If that can be thrown out in my own family, I think that's can be thrown out the window in original assumptions when 'celebrity' is involved...

Edited by ZoSoDragon

He didn't physically hit anyone. So no, he didn't beat his mother and his sister and it's irresponsible to say that about him if he didn't do it. According to the stories I've read, he got into a screaming match with them, which apparently is classified as "verbal assault" in the UK.

And I'm not a fan of Christian Bale, I've only ever seen one movie he was in.

Yeah- because it was more than 24 hours later - loads of time to think about it - and his family have been around his fame all along and would be far less likely to be trying to cash in on it.

I can't say they are right - what I find disturbing is this IMMEDIATE idea that he must be right. Jeez.

He didn't physically hit anyone.

Were you there?

It's very early days in this story. I don't think any of us can pass judgement - even like this.

I am not judging against him - my point is, he is not immediatley innocent because he is a movie star.

None of us have the evidence yet. Give it a break.

Were you there?

No, but seeing as I've read about 12 stories about this on the blogs I've read, all from various news sources and not one of them mentioned him being charged with physically hitting anyone, I think I can safely say he didn't hit anyone. Because if he had physically beaten his mother and sister, I think they would have said something about that....seeing as it was his mother and sister.

And why do you think his being a movie star means anything to me? Like I said, I've only seen one movie he was in, and that was about 10 years ago.

I better never go to England with my sister, or else we're both going to end up in the hooscow for a long LONG time. Our screaming matches are legendary.

Edited by Electrophile

I'm not talking about in the US, Knebby. I followed him since he was a kid, and I was a kid. In Canada and Britain. Just because I live in the US, doesn't mean I'm an American.

He STILL wasn't that famous.

And i'm not saying he's innocent either. But you're playing devil's advocate, so deal with it.

Edited by ZoSoDragon

I'm not talking about in the US, Knebby. I followed him since he was a kid, and I was a kid. In Canada and Britain. Just because I live in the US, doesn't mean I'm an American.

He STILL wasn't that famous.

And i'm not saying he's innocent either. But you're playing devil's advocate, so deal with it.

Eh?

I didn't call you an "American". I know you aren't. But Christian Bale is very well known in the UK regardless of Batman. Did you take that into account? I don't think so.

I am not here to give all the evidence one way or another. I'm not even playing devils advocate I'm saying he may be guilty - which seems to be a foreign concept here.

Edited by Knebby

Eh?

I am not here to give all the evidence one way or another. I'm not even playing devils advocate I'm saying he may be guilty - which seems to be a foreign concept here.

No one said he is completely innocent of anything. I'm saying if he wasn't charged with beating his mother and sister, don't say he was. Nothing I've read has said he physically assaulted them. Assault in the UK includes behavior that is not included with assault in the US, I think that's what happened here.