Batman Arrested

Black Dawg

Eh?

I am not here to give all the evidence one way or another. I'm not even playing devils advocate I'm saying he may be guilty - which seems to be a foreign concept here.

Eh?

You are though. Eh.

Foreign concept. Because we're all retarded in here, except you.

Everyone has their own opinions.

No one said he is completely innocent of anything. I'm saying if he wasn't charged with beating his mother and sister, don't say he was. Nothing I've read has said he physically assaulted them. Assault in the UK includes behavior that is not included with assault in the US, I think that's what happened here.

Excuse me Elizabeth. I may well have read your post wrong. If you were talking about the semantics of his charge - fair enough. :)

It's actually even weirder than their waiting 24 hours from what I read on bbc news last night--apparently the police were called immediately, but did not want to disrupt the London Dark Knight premiere, so they were holding off until today (I guess the link at the beg. of this thread suggests as much).

and for the assault part (from wikipedia):

Assault is a crime of violence against another person. In some jurisdictions, including Australia and New Zealand, assault refers to an act that causes another to apprehend immediate and personal violence, while in other jurisdictions, such as the some in the United States, assault may refer only to the threat of violence caused by an immediate show of force.[1][2] Simple assaults that do not involve any aggravation such as use of a deadly weapon are distinguished from aggravated assaults in some jurisdictions.

Assault is often defined to include not only violence, but any physical contact with another person without their consent. In common law jurisdictions, including England and Wales and the United States, battery is the crime that represents the unlawful physical contact, though this distinction does not exist in all jurisdictions. Exceptions exist to cover unsolicited physical contact which amount to normal social behavior known as de minimis harm.

Were you there?

It's very early days in this story. I don't think any of us can pass judgement - even like this.

I am not judging against him - my point is, he is not immediatley innocent because he is a movie star.

None of us have the evidence yet. Give it a break.

You are a straight up dumbass. I love that you assume that because it was his relatives, it was all his doing.

Obviously you are either a child, and have yet to actually grow up with your family members, or you are living some weird life where your parents and siblings have never gotten under your skin.

You are a straight up dumbass. I love that you assume that because it was his relatives, it was all his doing.

Obviously you are either a child, and have yet to actually grow up with your family members, or you are living some weird life where your parents and siblings have never gotten under your skin.

You never change. Beneath contempt.

What I hate is when stars get a slap on the hand for some idiot things for which most of us would be thrown in jail for extended periods. Just makes no sense, under these circumstances it seems even the police left him alone until he made his press statements.

DUMB ASSES!

Well this is the dude from "American Pyscho" and since he murdered Jared Leto in that movie i haven't like him, lol. I haven't been to a movie theatre in a long time and may see this movie. I think the story is a bit blown out of proportion and so far it looks like the charges will likely be dropped anyway.

Not the best of sources, Perez Hilton:

'Daily Mail reports that Christian Bale was ENRAGED when mommy insulted his wife, Sandra 'Sibi' Blazic.

A source close to Batman says Bale's confident he’s done nothing wrong and blames his mother:

"Christian was stressed, but he didn’t lay a finger on anyone. Instead, he flew off the handle and cussed his mother. He just got very loud because his mother was saying some very outrageous things about him, and his wife."

"Christian's attitude is that this was his mother's fault because she became very provocative in an argument they were having,’" the source said, adding: "Things got out of control and he now says he wishes he just left the room."

"Normally Christian would just call a friend and go out to a pub to cool off. But he was literally trapped into this confrontation with his mother and sister because there was an army of fans and paparazzi outside."

"They're going to need a "cooling off" period because his mother said some pretty outrageous things to him that really set him off."

"He regrets the way she treated him in their argument a lot more than having to talk to police about it. Christian has admitted that something just snapped, but he didn't threaten anyone with violence."

Bale is reportedly having marital problems as well.

The report goes on to say:

"He can have a terrible temper. Instead of lashing out at his wife, he sometimes lashes out at people around him."

"He's under a lot of pressure right now and simply got incredibly loud with members of his family around. I think his wife is going to be very important to him after all this is over because she does, at the end of the day, know how to calm him down."

He is also said to have become depressed over the death of close friend and co-star Heath Ledger. The two actors formed a friendship when they both played Bob Dylan in the flick I’m Not There.

The source said, "Without Ledger around, he's found it more and more difficult to communicate with those around him, especially his family."

Another Bale insider confirms that Ledger's death was a massive blow for the Welshman:

"They had become very close during the making of The Dark Knight and Christian went into virtual hiding for the six weeks after Heath was found dead."

"He wasn't returning phone calls and he wasn't a happy man. It's foolish to think that he's been able to completely shake off that grief just as Heath and his work is finally being seen by audiences."

"He expected to share this moment with his friend, and now he can't."

It was also reported that Bale found it hard to shake off the mental strains of Batman, and told an interviewer he was having trouble sleeping'.

I'm not a fan of Bale, and didn't really notice him until the whole furor of American Pyscho, but then, I'm probably too young to remember his early work.

However, I'd just like to point out that one other person had a hard time switching off their character from the Dark Knight - and he's now dead.

There's always more to these stories than meets the eye, so before people say he's the villain or saint, I think they should consider that.

You never change. Beneath contempt.

Yeah, you're right. I don't change. I also don't go saying really stupid shit, when I don't have the cards all laid out as well.

You obviously don't know well enough, not to judge people before the facts are out.

Which means you obviously lack common sense as well.

Yeah, you're right. I don't change. I also don't go saying really stupid shit, when I don't have the cards all laid out as well.

You obviously don't know well enough, not to judge people before the facts are out.

Which means you obviously lack common sense as well.

If you had bothered to read my posts properly you would have seen thet my ENTIRE POINT was that we couldn't judge what haod happened - and make him saint OR sinner in the situation.

And yet since it was actually his MOTHER and SISTER who reported him, my impression of this thread is that his fans are already making excuses for him.

His mother and his sister fer Chrissakes.

That has to mean something.

Doesn't sound like that to me. It sounds like you are jumping on fans of his, because they are supposedly backing him up, because he is liked.

"His mother and sister fer Chrissakes"... That comment pretty much sums it up for me.

Apparently his sister wanted $200,000 from him. I would cuss my sister out if she asked for that much money from me and it wasn't for a life-saving operation. That's a lot of money to just give to someone, regardless of how much you have. Not to mention, apparently they were both making disparaging statements about his wife. I don't know many men that would tolerate someone making statements like that about their wife, regardless of familial relation.

Apparently his sister wanted $200,000 from him. I would cuss my sister out if she asked for that much money from me and it wasn't for a life-saving operation. That's a lot of money to just give to someone, regardless of how much you have. Not to mention, apparently they were both making disparaging statements about his wife. I don't know many men that would tolerate someone making statements like that about their wife, regardless of familial relation.

Elizabeth that is nothing like what is being reported over here and I don't think there has been official confirmation of what happened yet. I'm keeping a open mind.

If I were asking my brother for a loan I would not do so at a location that was heavily populated by the media and papparazzi due to a heavily publicized career-related event, and then retaliate against him when he declined the loan by having him arrested.

I would probably call my brother on the phone and ask him casually without pressure. If he said no I would just ask him later. He would eventually help me out when he was ready, or I would manage to find my own resources without troubling him.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2008-0...le_N.htm?csp=34

Elizabeth that is nothing like what is being reported over here and I don't think there has been official confirmation of what happened yet. I'm keeping a open mind.

I was merely saying what I had been reading. I didn't say it was the gospel truth.

Archived