Would like some zep fans opinion on this tape!

lanni

I don't know if this has ever been heard here, if it has I have not seen it posted and apologize. Below I have posted a link to youtube. The person that put it on youtube has it titled "Jimmy Page's lost Drunken Jam Session" I myself don't think it sounds like Jimmy but I do not analyze his guitar playing a much as some of you here do. Take a listen and tell me what you think. Unless you have heard it before and do not have to listen to it and can verify its authenticity. If I heard him talking on this so called "Drunkin session" I would know for sure it is him playing. I have real doubts! :huh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUbp19dNw0k...feature=related

Thanks,

Lanni

I don't know if this has ever been heard here, if it has I have not seen it posted and apologize. Below I have posted a link to youtube. The person that put it on youtube has it titled "Jimmy Page's lost Drunken Jam Session" I myself don't think it sounds like Jimmy but I do not analyze his guitar playing a much as some of you here do. Take a listen and tell me what you think. Unless you have heard it before and do not have to listen to it and can verify its authenticity. If I heard him talking on this so called "Drunkin session" I would know for sure it is him playing. I have real doubts! :huh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUbp19dNw0k...feature=related

Thanks,

Lanni

I was literally about to post this 6 minutes too late. Well just jammin so pretty cool man.

There is no virtuosity, let alone dexterity to the playing. It really sounds nothing like him.

I have soundcheck video footage of Jimmy using a wah-wah pedal ('Train Kept A Rollin').

It isn't as if Jimmy doesn't know his way around a pedal board, as the You Tube video

clip description suggests.

I'm convinced it's not Page. Listen to the Bring it on Home riff at the end of the clip. First - Page never played the 12 bar blues intro with a wah pedal, and second - the person who played this clip plays the main BIOH riff incorrectly - Page hammers-on the B and E notes, this clip has all notes individually picked. It's a small difference but a dead giveaway.

It's not Page. As a guitar player, who owns most or has played through most of all of the same guitar pedals, that Page has used over the years, it's clearly not him. The tone, playing style, etc... is definitely not his either. Other guitarists on the forum will agree, too.

R B)

Thanks for your input. I am no guitar tech but I pretty much know Pages sound. God some people can be so pathetic!

Lanni

Actually in terms of sound recording quality this sounds too good to be some demo tape of a jam. There are genuine rehearsal/jam tapes around and they are clearly recorded to tape (not digital, like this one). This is probably some kid in a bedroom fooling around.

Archived