Boston 73

pinky

I was wondering whats up with the set at the Boston Garden in 73 it is the shortest I've seen here's what they played

Rock and Roll

Celebration Day

Bring It On Home/Black Dog

Over The Hills And Far Away

No Quarter

Dazed and Confused

Stairway To Heaven

Heartbreaker

Whole Lotta Love

It's missing Misty Mountain Hop, Since I've Been Loving You, The Song Remains The Same, Rain Song, and there were NO encores. Why did they do this, was anyone there were you dissapointed.

Did they just assume everyone would be in Providence the next night wich had a lenghty set?

I have this show but the setlist is different than yours, it goes...

Rock and Roll

Celebration Day

BIOH/Black Dog

No Quarter

The Song Remains The Same

The Rain Song

Dazed and Confused

Stairway To Heaven

Heartbreaker

Whole Lotta Love

Just missing Misty and SIBLY, typical setlist for that time.

Rock and Roll

Celebration Day

BIOH/Black Dog

No Quarter

The Rain Song

Dazed and Confused

Stairway To Heaven

Heartbreaker

Whole Lotta Love

Yah mine has those two too I forgot to type it but still no encores, and those two songs seemed to be a big part of 73.

Why no encores?

Same reason, the crowd was rowdy. So why reward them with an encore if they're misbehaving. And, remember, giving encores in 73 usually meant just playing "Communication Breakdown" or "The Ocean". Very few shows on the tour featured more than one encore.

OK, I always thought they played Misty and SIBLY but they just werent recorded same with possible encores but you're right, the crowd was very rowdy which happened a lot for Zeppelin in Boston.

Same reason, the crowd was rowdy. So why reward them with an encore if they're misbehaving. And, remember, giving encores in 73 usually meant just playing "Communication Breakdown" or "The Ocean". Very few shows on the tour featured more than one encore.

also the Boston show was just after the Vancouver show that Plant had to be hospitalized from . the crowd was just to much for a sick Plant. I am proud of them for even playing as long as they did.

I feel bad for the one's that attended that had their night ruined because of a bunch of idiots....what a shame considering Boston was a stomping ground for them..

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Rock and Roll

Celebration Day

BIOH/Black Dog

No Quarter

The Rain Song

Dazed and Confused

Stairway To Heaven

Heartbreaker

Whole Lotta Love

There are 2 different audience recordings. Source 1 is 39 minutes longer.

From Luis Rey's book:

A very uneasy concert, plagued with constant audience problems. Plant starts in a very weak voice that will recover as the concert comes to an end. "Stop pushing forward!" is the "war cry" here; the disturbance reaches a point where this is probably the only concert of the tour that has no "Misty Mountain Hop" or "Since I've Been Loving You".

The band starts "No Quarter" trying to calm the spirits...Just before "San Francisco" Plant sings "Take it easy!" as the trouble in the audience continues. "Moby Dick" is missing in this recording.

The final medley has Plant almost completely recovered, but the group "punishes" the out-of-control audience with no encores. The announcer has to come out and say: "Thank you and good night, Led Zeppelin are gone!" to the disappointed disbelief of the crowd, who were refusing to leave.

There are 2 different audience recordings. Source 1 is 39 minutes longer.

You had me all excited there for a minute, but I think the longest ('2nd') source is 115m, compared with 105-111m for the various versions of the '1st source'.

According to Argenteum Astrum, there are a couple of other versions of the 2nd source that are only 39m & 43m. Is this what you meant, or is there an even longer version?

Yadda yadda, yawn yawn....... As a matter of interest, does anyone know how complete and up-to-date AA's low-gen listing is? Is it the definitive online reference?

You had me all excited there for a minute, but I think the longest ('2nd') source is 115m, compared with 105-111m for the various versions of the '1st source'.

According to Argenteum Astrum, there are a couple of other versions of the 2nd source that are only 39m & 43m. Is this what you meant, or is there an even longer version?

Yadda yadda, yawn yawn....... As a matter of interest, does anyone know how complete and up-to-date AA's low-gen listing is? Is it the definitive online reference?

I was mistaken on my previous post.

Source 1, taped by Hearb Staehr, is 109 minutes (or thereabouts).

Source 2, taped by Joe Maloney, is 111-115 minutes, depending on which transfer you have.

As far as AA's site, I don't use it.

Archived