Led Zeppelin will play Finland 2009

Alick

Finland, Finland, Finland! The country where I want to be .....with your mountains so lovely, and your treetops so tall...

Finland, Finland, Finland! Finland has it all. All together, now!

That's from Ren & Stimpy, right? :rolleyes:

Yes, with LZ we definately have it all.

Whatever. If it was in the US news first you'd have no problem believing it.

That's not true. I would be just as disbelieving of these rumors if they were said to be happening here. Don't assume things. I personally will not believe any information about the band touring until the band itself sits down in front of a camera and says as much with their own mouths. Until then, I believe jack squat.

Here's my fav Ren and Stimpy song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPHtKarae2Q

What rolls down stairs, alone or in pairs, rolls over your neighbor's dog?

What fits on your back, is great for a snack?

It's log, log, log!

Log, log, it's big it's heavy it's wood!

Log, log, it's better than bad it's good!

This is my favorite:

What rolls down stairs, alone or in pairs, rolls over your neighbor's dog?

What fits on your back, is great for a snack?

It's log, log, log!

Log, log, it's big it's heavy it's wood!

Log, log, it's better than bad it's good!

This is my favorite:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CNZckG9wJM8

How could I forget it!? :D When that show came out, I couldn't decide if I liked it more than Python. They're still my two favorites of all time.

I will make him happy again!!!! :chickeddance:

How could I forget it!? :D When that show came out, I couldn't decide if I liked it more than Python. They're still my two favorites of all time.

I will make him happy again!!!! :chickeddance:

I thought Ren and Stimpy at the time, was way too adult for kids. And the funny thing was originally it was geared toward kids. Now there is a new Ren and Stimpy show on Spike that is more adult, and I didn't think it could get that way. Remember the game, "Don't Whizz on the Electric Fence"?

It's a weird Monty Python song :P

Ah, yes. What I was thinking was the anthem of the Kilted Yaksmen, apparently.

All very off-topic but I guess it's ok as we will probably have to wait a bit for the official confirmation.

"Le Danger"...”Le Nuclear Bomb". Shit, it's all in French.

anyone for that?

Most certainly.

If they knew it was incorrect, but it is hard to be sure if they received correct information.

I know, let's ask Robert Plant. Maybe he knows. It would be an excellent question for his very next interview.

:hysterical:

We need a 'yawn' icon :)

Ah, yes. What I was thinking was the anthem of the Kilted Yaksmen, apparently.

All very off-topic but I guess it's ok as we will probably have to wait a bit for the official confirmation.

"Le Danger"...”Le Nuclear Bomb". Shit, it's all in French.

anyone for that?

Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen! It's not off topic to me; if I didn't love sick humor I wouldn't have come into this thread :D

call me when the band announces the tour...

I believe there are several here who won't believe it unless they get the call from Jimmy, Robert or John Paul Jones themselves.

Starting a tour at the Finnish line seems like an odd place though. :huh:

I believe there are several here who won't believe it unless they get the call from Jimmy, Robert or John Paul Jones themselves.

Starting a tour at the Finnish line seems like an odd place though. :huh:

Well, not that odd, they have quite a history in Scandinavia. The first show they played (as The Yardbirds) was in Denmark and they also used Denmark for the two warm up shows prior to the Knebworth concerts. Perhaps they like the Viking vibe. :D

Lets not forget Finland 1975 where the finnish press advertised future european concerts confirming Zep were going to tour Europe after the cancelled US 75

Sat, Nov 5th 1975 Uusi Messuhalli (Uudessa Messuhallissa) in Helsinki, Finland

Advertisement originally published in the Aug 1975 issue of Finnish music mag Suosikki.

Collaboration btw Mauri Mikola (of Helsinki) and I led to this finding made public in 2003.

Other Scandanavian dates were likely to follow as well as a short UK tour at end of '75.

Sat, Nov 5th 1975 Uusi Messuhalli (Uudessa Messuhallissa) in Helsinki, Finland

Advertisement originally published in the Aug 1975 issue of Finnish music mag Suosikki.

Collaboration btw Mauri Mikola (of Helsinki) and I led to this finding made public in 2003.

Other Scandanavian dates were likely to follow as well as a short UK tour at end of '75.

Steve

as you probably know, Jimmy hitch-hiked across Scandinavia in the 60's. Do you know if he visited Finland back then? He did visit Sweden and there have been rumours he may have taken a ferry across to Finland.

They have quite a history in Scandinavia. The first show they played (as The Yardbirds) was in Denmark. Perhaps they like the Viking vibe. :D

Which is exactly what Peter Grant had in mind when he began putting together what

was to have been a late Autumn 1975 Scandanavian tour. Taking them back to Valhalla where it all began whilst at the height of their fame, talents and popularity.

Well, not that odd, they have quite a history in Scandinavia. The first show they played (as The Yardbirds) was in Denmark and they also used Denmark for the two warm up shows prior to the Knebworth concerts. Perhaps they like the Viking vibe. :D

The Viking vibe sounds good B) Back then a 1000 years ago most finns lived in dugouts and were mostly miserable creatures, but there were viking settlements on our coasts, and the Norwegian vikings who went up north to Lappland to collect taxes often had to fight us thieving Karelians :D

Archived