Zeps worst song?

LedZep1969

Yes,but these both come from an album that wasn't meant to be.I actually enjoy both those items myself,along with Wearing and Tearing,Poor Tom, or We're Gonna Groove,but I take it for was it was intended to be.

A Coda.

Gee thanks for the explanation. I didn't know any of that. :rolleyes:

Agree with Ozone Baby and Darlene. I'd add Walter's Walk in there too, it sounds like a mess to me. I don't think there's any genuinely bad tracks from their main studio albums, The Crunge is close but it's only let down by the singing the funky riff and beat is brilliant.

• 5 weeks later...

Why say worst when you can say your personal least favorite? It's all subjective anyway. I don't have a least favorite. When I listen to Led Zeppelin, I don't necessarily listen to the songs as songs. I listen to the personalities speaking behind the tune. Take Darlene for example. Knebs doesn't care for it, but I hear a humor in it. And it makes me smile. But we all have our own way of viewing things, and no one's is wrong. If it doesn't appeal to you, it simply doesn't. That's just human.

Personally, I don't care what song it is. If I'm in the car and Zeppelin comes on, the volume is going up! :beer:

Ozone Baby and Darlene. Ugh.

Yes,but these both come from an album that wasn't meant to be.I actually enjoy both those items myself,along with Wearing and Tearing,Poor Tom, or We're Gonna Groove,but I take it for was it was intended to be.

A Coda.

Gee thanks for the explanation. I didn't know any of that. :rolleyes:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

If you only knew.....

Oh I'm sorry,was that a little too "clique-ish"? :rolleyes:

There's a few that I'm sick of hearing on the radio,but I don't consider them to be bad songs......

My least favorite is "Hats Off".......one of my vinyl copies of Led Zeppelin III is COMPLETELY worn out.....except for that song.I think I've played it twice.....since 1985.

For my money....the weakest is "All My Love".

I felt validated when years later Page in a TV interview named the same track when asked this same question.

But as we all know...it's just opinion.

Further to my above post....I feel in fairness I should add. I think it's musically their weakest....I don't have a problem with the lyrics.

I love Hot Dog!!.It reminds me of people I knew years ago, and people I still know well today!

The lyrics seem timeless now. and describe many people I have met on lifes journey.

And,of course, there is nothing wrong with enjoying a bit of rockabilly!

Several people have mentioned the Crunge.I first heard it in 1975 as a 7 year old and loved it!

I think less of it these days because it seems a bit throw-away.

I actually listened to the Crunge only a few nights ago,and it is not actually as bad as we think it is!.

As far as I am concerned, Led Zeppelin never put a foot wrong,apart from in the very early days when Robert forgot to change the words!.

I think the ultimate question is weather Led Zep is a decent Rock Band.

We all know the answer to that!

They were indeed also a fully capable Folk band at all times, and according to legend,even embraced Punk,even when Punk itself went out its way to try and destroy them!.

Reggae was propably something they should have steered clear of though!.They may have been enthusiastic,but only here did they reveal a limitation.

Yes, I think D'yer Mak'er is their weakest song although I don't mind hearing every now and then.

Why say worst when you can say your personal least favorite? It's all subjective anyway. I don't have a least favorite. When I listen to Led Zeppelin, I don't necessarily listen to the songs as songs. I listen to the personalities speaking behind the tune. Take Darlene for example. Knebs doesn't care for it, but I hear a humor in it. And it makes me smile. But we all have our own way of viewing things, and no one's is wrong. If it doesn't appeal to you, it simply doesn't. That's just human.

Personally, I don't care what song it is. If I'm in the car and Zeppelin comes on, the volume is going up! :beer:

completely agree with that. people have different tastes, these tastes are changing with their age, mood, life situations etc... and all that can't be the reason to call any LZ's song bad. just because they're geniuses ;)

Archived