Seattle and Portland Shows Who is going

Well Me and some friends are going to both shows .We are flying up from Louisiana to check out the Golden God . We will be joining My Friend Sharon and a few more friends from the Forum it should be awesome. Let us know if You are going to either Show.I will take plenty of pictures at the Portland show.

Have front row tickets there and hope to get some good ones for Seattle.

Well Me and some friends are going to both shows .We are flying up from Louisiana to check out the Golden God . We will be joining My Friend Sharon and a few more friends from the Forum it should be awesome. Let us know if You are going to either Show.I will take plenty of pictures at the Portland show.

Have front row tickets there and hope to get some good ones for Seattle.

When are you arriving in Seattle ?

The 27th of Sept leaving on 5 October.

Yes, we should all try to meet up before the show. I'm fairly new to the area, so I can't really suggest any places. If anyone knows of a cool place, please speak up! Who knows, maybe we'll even run into Robert! ;)

Yes, we should all try to meet up before the show. I'm fairly new to the area, so I can't really suggest any places. If anyone knows of a cool place, please speak up! Who knows, maybe we'll even run into Robert! ;)

I just pm'd Al. Pretty sure I can't make the show in Seattle but stranger things have happened. I might try for tickets anyway

I just pm'd Al. Pretty sure I can't make the show in Seattle but stranger things have happened. I might try for tickets anyway

Let Me know we may end up with some extra tickets we shall see

You should swing down to San Fran on the 3rd, (Oct.). Golden Gate Park. :wub::hippy: FREE. Three days. Robert and Ali on the 3rd. :) .

We talked about it but I am getting to be a little older and grouchier and I tend to avoid outdoor shows more than I used to unless someone ask Me to help them out or its a once in a lifetime thing so I dont think its happening last time I was in Frisco was 81 The Rolling Stones anyway I may get back there one Day.Oh yeah I flew over it on the way to Hawaii in 2005.

I'm suddenly wishing I lived on the West Coast. AL, love your dedication to travel! You get around Bro!

Have fun guys!! Have a drink for me will ya?!

I kinda like to think he's coming to see me also. :P I mean...a girl can dream, can't she? :D

Luv ya Big AL ;)

But seriously folks...I hope whomever can be there--will be there!

I kinda like to think he's coming to see me also. :P I mean...a girl can dream, can't she? :D

Luv ya Big AL ;)

But seriously folks...I hope whomever can be there--will be there!

Dont worry Sweetheart there is plenty of Me to go around and Yes I am comming to see You and I cant wait. Love You Girl . Got us Rooms at the Edgewater always wanted to stay there has a Waterfront view of the Bay

Dont worry Sweetheart there is plenty of Me to go around and Yes I am comming to see You and I cant wait. Love You Girl . Got us Rooms at the Edgewater always wanted to stay there has a Waterfront view of the Bay

I suppose I can learn to share... ;):D

I wish we could find out what room the boys stayed in back in the day, so we could switch to that one. Can you imagine--if walls could talk! :blink: I know one thing, the outside of the hotel doesn't do it justice. The inside is gorgeous! And hey Al....don't go getting any ideas centering around certain types of fish... :o:D

• 1 month later...
Well I leave Tommorow for Seattle have everything set.Have a resort at the foot of Mount Hood for part of the trip and the Edgewater for the Seattle stay.It will be great.Front Row in Portland hope to get some good pictures.

Have a great time my man.

Well I leave Tommorow for Seattle have everything set.Have a resort at the foot of Mount Hood for part of the trip and the Edgewater for the Seattle stay.It will be great.Front Row in Portland hope to get some good pictures.

I had the pleasure of meeting Robsmayqueen for lunch last week.....what a warm-hearted and fun-tastic lady she is! Can't wait to meet you too Al. One other tourist attraction you may want to add to your itinerary, if you have time, is the Experience Music Project.

Wishing you a safe flight, see you soon,

~~ Becky

Have a great time and let us know how both concerts go! Front Row seats-WOW!

(Quote)~~~had the pleasure of meeting Robsmayqueen for lunch last week.....what a warm-hearted and fun-tastic lady she is! Can't wait to meet you too Al. One other tourist attraction you may want to add to your itinerary, if you have time, is the Experience Music Project.

~~ Becky~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

********************************************************************************

I'm just now reading this thread--been very busy lately...

First off--How sweet your comment was Becky! Ditto back atcha gal! We'll have to do it more often.

Now for the news on Al's Northwest adventure. Our poor guy's been ill the entire trip. Won't go into details, I'll let him do that. But needless to say, it's put quite a damper on things. He's been a trooper tho.

We had front row for Portland, as you know. What a faboulous show. They sounded and looked great. Allison is a tiny lady, and Rob looks very fit. The highlight for me was the end. Never thought I'd hear myself utter those words! The reason being is, I got Robert's beer! He came out with it during the encore, and I made up my mind then, that I was going for it! I made note of where he placed it, and while others were asking for setlists and guitar pics, I asked the stagehand to retrieve the beer. He looked kind of puzzled-lol-but he did it-bless him. Others around me were screaming for it, but he handed it to me, since I was the first to mention it. I was shaking when he handed it to me, and I held onto it for dear life! Everyone (esp. the ladies) wanted to touch it, and some wanted pics with it. What a riot. Some even commented that now I have his DNA--LOL! Hmmmm....gets one thinking... :lol: Anyway, I think it may just be my best and most prized possession from him!

The Seattle show was great also, although we didn't have nearly as good seats. The croud was a bit rowdier also. I liked Robert's oufit better (short sleeved shirt) as opposed to the long-sleeved black pullover he had on in Portland. Don't get me wrong, he looks great in everyting, but I like to see as much skin as possible! He made a few subtle comments on the famous Edgewater incident. And the funniest thing of all, the opening band (Sharon Little and her dudes), commented that Robert had turned them onto this new beer. Needless to say, I yelled out a Whooohoooo on that one! There was probably only 5 or so of us in the audience who actually knew what that was all about!

Anyway, we all had a great time (at the show, and at dinner beforehand).

Stay tuned for more from AL soon. :blink:

Sharon

First off--How sweet your comment was Becky! Ditto back atcha gal! We'll have to do it more often.

Now for the news on Al's Northwest adventure. Our poor guy's been ill the entire trip. Won't go into details, I'll let him do that. But needless to say, it's put quite a damper on things. He's been a trooper tho.

We had front row for Portland, as you know. What a faboulous show. They sounded and looked great. Allison is a tiny lady, and Rob looks very fit. The highlight for me was the end. Never thought I'd hear myself utter those words! The reason being is, I got Robert's beer! He came out with it during the encore, and I made up my mind then, that I was going for it! I made note of where he placed it, and while others were asking for setlists and guitar pics, I asked the stagehand to retrieve the beer. He looked kind of puzzled-lol-but he did it-bless him. Others around me were screaming for it, but he handed it to me, since I was the first to mention it. I was shaking when he handed it to me, and I held onto it for dear life! Everyone (esp. the ladies) wanted to touch it, and some wanted pics with it. What a riot. Some even commented that now I have his DNA--LOL! Hmmmm....gets one thinking... :lol: Anyway, I think it may just be my best and most prized possession from him!

The Seattle show was great also, although we didn't have nearly as good seats. The croud was a bit rowdier also. I liked Robert's oufit better (short sleeved shirt) as opposed to the long-sleeved black pullover he had on in Portland. Don't get me wrong, he looks great in everyting, but I like to see as much skin as possible! He made a few subtle comments on the famous Edgewater incident. And the funniest thing of all, the opening band (Sharon Little and her dudes), commented that Robert had turned them onto this new beer. Needless to say, I yelled out a Whooohoooo on that one! There was probably only 5 or so of us in the audience who actually knew what that was all about!

Sharon

Thanks for the post on the two Northwest shows. Sorry to hear Al was ill during the trip. I hope he is feeling better soon. Love the story about getting Roberts beer! :D Too funny that people wanted pictures with it! I can only imagine the stagehand's look when you asked for it. I am sure he has heard of stranger requests than that! Glad you had a great time. From the youtube videos posted it looked like everyone on stage was having a good time.

Thanks for the post on the two Northwest shows. Sorry to hear Al was ill during the trip. I hope he is feeling better soon. Love the story about getting Roberts beer! :D Too funny that people wanted pictures with it! I can only imagine the stagehand's look when you asked for it. I am sure he has heard of stranger requests than that! Glad you had a great time. From the youtube videos posted it looked like everyone on stage was having a good time.

Yes, you're probably right! In fact, I first asked one of the burly guards that sat in front of the stage. He just kept asking "you want what?". I don't know if he just couldn't hear me, or that he just thought I was a nut!

Needless to say, I cradled it all the way back home. :beer: I just kept thinking..."Robert's hands held this...Robert's lips touched this..." Am I pitiful or what? :rolleyes::D

(Quote)~~~had the pleasure of meeting Robsmayqueen for lunch last week.....what a warm-hearted and fun-tastic lady she is! Can't wait to meet you too Al. One other tourist attraction you may want to add to your itinerary, if you have time, is the Experience Music Project.

~~ Becky~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

********************************************************************************

Sharon

Yes, you're probably right! In fact, I first asked one of the burly guards that sat in front of the stage. He just kept asking "you want what?". I don't know if he just couldn't hear me, or that he just thought I was a nut!

Needless to say, I cradled it all the way back home. :beer: I just kept thinking..."Robert's hands held this...Robert's lips touched this..." Am I pitiful or what? :rolleyes::D

What an exciting experience! Thanks for sharing all of that with us. Please send my best wishes to Al - I am so sorry that he's been so ill.

HaHa, Robert's beer bottle! For a diehard Zep fan, nothing says "This is the ultimate collectible" like a piece of "memorabilia" that has been touched by one of the Zep guy's lips/mouth (beer bottle, cigarette butt, etc.). :D As the years pass and people look at it and wonder, "What the hell....?", you can just smile at the memory of your experience.

What a fun post giggled :D reading it thinkin huh I never thought about ever doing such a thing what a spur of the moment fun thing to do good for you sounds like you guys had a blast ! Wishin Al feels better best regards .Pics ? of the infamous beeeeeeeeer lmao Right on you go girl.

So did you wash out the bottle or is it gonna stay as is with residue and all? Although, it could get a bit gross in due course.

Archived