D'yer Maker?

Cactus

Reminds me of a boot I have where someone keeps yelling "Dyer maker" and Robert says "Dyer Maker?....never heard of it". I think it was Copenhagen '79. Hilarious!

Oh yeah, John Prine... can't remember which song... but he said a woman once approached him and thought he sang Happy Encillada. I can't remember the real line, but it was something completely different.... And now, for something completely different, lol...

So he started singing Happy Enchillada just for fun.

I almost pissed myself laughing when I found out that in Britain, pants are considered underwear. So, you know, as I know... this is the reason wars for nothing break out. Spying without eyes to see or ears to hear the truth, in proper context. Besides, I think the US would do better had the Pentagoon not been attempting to see into the future, or any organization playing with Torah codes.

Hi 'kabbalahone'

My you are a deep soul ain't you?

We call underpants pants, and we call pants trousers, while Americans take out letters in words to make them sound more phonetic, as in we say colour and you say color. But hey who cares, i believe in evolution, and language is evolving, hence my frequent use of spellchecker, i hope i spelt that right/wright? :lol:

I would like to talk more about Torah codes and Pentagons and things, please feed me more.

Regards, Danny

PS. In Nostrodamus he names the next anti christ as Mabbas, had any one thought as i have that if you look in a mirror the reflaction of Mabbas is Saddam? And 3 years and 9 months after he is defeated the world will fight a war that will last forever, are we not fighting that war now?

Regards, Danny

Hi 'kabbalahone'

My you are a deep soul ain't you?

He he, my mom called me Rose, and my Hebrew name is Yehudit aka God Speaks.

We call underpants pants, and we call pants trousers, while Americans take out letters in words to make them sound more phonetic, as in we say colour and you say color. But hey who cares, i believe in evolution, and language is evolving, hence my frequent use of spellchecker, i hope i spelt that right/wright? :lol:

Proud to announce that I am Canadian. Nova Scotian to be exact. Colour, colour, colour.... purple, lol aka peer pull.

I would like to talk more about Torah codes and Pentagons and things, please feed me more.

Regards, Danny

PS. In Nostrodamus he names the next anti christ as Mabbas, had any one thought as i have that if you look in a mirror the reflaction of Mabbas is Saddam? And 3 years and 9 months after he is defeated the world will fight a war that will last forever, are we not fighting that war now?

Regards, Danny

Why not Mahmoud Abbas the Palestinian? Who else could we frame if we wanted to? You know what? Hitler should have been encouraged to be an artist rather than have his art criticized (some of it was darned fine), and groomed to be a monster. The truth is the hiss stir. There is no individual antichrist, there is only the individuals who aren't willing to do the work to prevent them from doing wrong when their conscience cracks. Nostra damned us with his prophecies. I have a friend who is a Holocaust survivor who is always saying that it will happen again. I look at him and say, don't say that. It's like a self fulfilling prophecy. NEVER AGAIN, and I will write, and scream, and post silly pictures until everone gets it through their thick skulls that this IS a HUGE communication breakdown and there is NO reason for war, EVER.

Why not Mahmoud Abbas the Palestinian? Who else could we frame if we wanted to? You know what? Hitler should have been encouraged to be an artist rather than have his art criticized (some of it was darned fine), and groomed to be a monster. The truth is the hiss stir. There is no individual antichrist, there is only the individuals who aren't willing to do the work to prevent them from doing wrong when their conscience cracks. Nostra damned us with his prophecies. I have a friend who is a Holocaust survivor who is always saying that it will happen again. I look at him and say, don't say that. It's like a self fulfilling prophecy. NEVER AGAIN, and I will write, and scream, and post silly pictures until everone gets it through their thick skulls that this IS a HUGE communication breakdown and there is NO reason for war, EVER.

There are two things in this world, Yin and Yang, as in Black and White, Right and Wrong, Science and Art. You seem to be the Artist type you will always look on the positive, where as your friend is a Science type, he/she looks on reality, where as i agree with much of your post reality is that the "Holocaust" type actions happened many times before it happened to the Jews, it is happening now, and will happen in the future.

The Jew were victims of a foul and gastly act commited by the Nazi's, why then do they behave in the way that Israel does to the Palistaians, who are in their own land and are treated like peasent slaves by their Jewish overlords, and encouraged to do so by the American and British Governments. Answer this and you are getting to why the world is in such a state of war all the time.

Regards, Danny

There are two things in this world, Yin and Yang, as in Black and White, Right and Wrong, Science and Art. You seem to be the Artist type you will always look on the positive, where as your friend is a Science type, he/she looks on reality, where as i agree with much of your post reality is that the "Holocaust" type actions happened many times before it happened to the Jews, it is happening now, and will happen in the future.

The Jew were victims of a foul and gastly act commited by the Nazi's, why then do they behave in the way that Israel does to the Palistaians, who are in their own land and are treated like peasent slaves by their Jewish overlords, and encouraged to do so by the American and British Governments. Answer this and you are getting to why the world is in such a state of war all the time.

Regards, Danny

Hang on there. Science and Math were my strong subjects in school. I know what I am talking about. Watch and learn. Become the resistance. B)

n577387680_721452_4151.jpg

Ehud Barak and Yassar Arafat

Hang on there. Science and Math were my strong subjects in school. I know what I am talking about. Watch and learn. Become the resistance. B)

n577387680_721452_4151.jpg

Ehud Barak and Yassar Arafat

I dont understand what you are getting at here, Israel is still a state founded on terrorism, nothing has changed since it was founded in 1948.

I dont understand what you are getting at here, Israel is still a state founded on terrorism, nothing has changed since it was founded in 1948.

What is Ehud Barak (head of the Israeli Defence Forces) doing smiling and shaking hands with Yassar Arafat? Ex head of PLO?

Isn't that a little fishy to you?

Who is going to fight if the resistance is strong? The politicians? Heck, they are too busy paying $5000 a pop nailing high end call girls who consider prostitution a fine way to make a handsome salary in the US....

And we wonder why Muslims are disgusted?

Hitler gave me the biggest clue. He said he wondered what would happen if the world became so morally corrupt, that you could sucker everyone into war, and it wouldn't even phase them....

Game Over. B)

I really was talking more about the old top 40 stations of the 70's. Of course the classic rock stations that can get away with the longer songs are going to play songs like Kashmir. Stairway to Heaven was an exception in its day in stations that would normally never play a song longer than 3 minutes or so.

Kashmir also got lots of airplay in the 70s and continues to. But I also mentioned other songs that got airplay despite length. A few more Sympathy for the Devil by the Stones, a bunch of Bob Dylan's better songs got air play despite being over 6 minutes. I already mentioned Hey Jude which is 7 minutes long and Bohemian Rhapsody.

There weren't too many other songs on HOTH that would fit the time frame of a single. Dancing Days was the B-side. The only other one that would fit would be The Ocean or maybe OTHAFA. It is an odd choice though. That's one of my least favorites from them particulaly due to the constant moaning of Roberts vocals. I still love the tune, but it's not a direction they were bound for, they were just having fun.

D'yer Mak'er/The Crunge was the only single let out in the U.K. if I'm not mistaken, but plenty of singles were released elsewhere.

Good Times Bad Times/Communication Breakdown

Whole Lotta Love/Living Loving Maid (She's Just a Woman) *

Immigrant Song/Hey Hey What Can I Do?

Black Dog/Misty Mountain Hop

Rock & Roll/Four Sticks

Over The Hills & Far Away/Dancing Days

Trampled Underfoot/Black Country Woman

Candy Store Rock/Royal Orleans

Fool in the Rain/Hot Dog

* Two versions were released, one w/ Whole Lotta Love 5:33 & one w/ Whole Lotta Love 3:10

• 10 years later...

Zepp fans who are too cool for school continually bash Dyer Maker, but I don't know why. It's one of their most recognizable and enduring songs, well known by non Zepp fans. It's a textbook example of a hit song too. Not only that, but it's yet another one of Zeppelin's songs where the drums make it instantly recognizable. That drum intro is simple and timeless. I think it's a great, fun song and it does what a song should do. It makes you tap your foot, it's got memorable parts, a memorable melody, a concise solo and it's easy to sing along to. It's a bright and cheery song too, and I find HOTH to be mostly bright and cheery sounding, which is nice for a change.

When I was nine or ten (1971)I was given my parents old valve mantle radio.I swear that Immigrant Song and Whole Lotta Love came on almost straight away.I was blown away.Couple of years later I heard Dyer Maker and I was surprised it was the same band and this was after I had bought LZ 2 and 3.I like it and as a single it is ok but not as earth shattering as WLL or TIS.But Houses was a different animal which saw the band experimenting and to be honest took this 15 year old metal head awhile to get into.As single Whole Lotta Love I think was a gamble.It was long,a spacey ,sexually suggestive mid section and thunderous production.A mile away from Tom Jones and CCR which were hogging the airwaves at the time.Ahh,memories

As a reggae song I always found DM a tad heavy handed.Bonzo’s great and it definitely makes you say yeah that’s Zep.But I listened to some reggae today and it just breezes along with tap on the timbales here n there.No I would never think LZ were a reggae band if it was the first thing I heard from them

Archived