Pat Bonham and family

Apologies if this has been covered before...I'm new here lol !!!

After John Bonham's demise, what became of his wife...ie, did she remarry, does she live in the same house? Is Robert close to her, does she receive royalties, are there any recent(ish) pics etc etc...

Welcome,

-She is still alive, lives in the same house, did not remarry, and I do not know her relationship status with RP. The Bonham estate receives royalties, and recent pics are around here somewhere - probably in the O2 reunion thread. Use the search function.

Welcome,

-She is still alive, lives in the same house, did not remarry, and I do not know her relationship status with RP. The Bonham estate receives royalties, and recent pics are around here somewhere - probably in the O2 reunion thread. Use the search function.

Isn't her name Pat? I heard the same thing that she never remarried. She really loved John. I know how she feels, I lost my wife also and I never remarried. Its really hard to replace the dead. ROCK ON!

Isn't her name Pat? I heard the same thing that she never remarried. She really loved John. I know how she feels, I lost my wife also and I never remarried. Its really hard to replace the dead. ROCK ON!

I'm sorry, I now realize that Pat's name is on the heading! DUH! ROCK ON!

I'm sorry, I now realize that Pat's name is on the heading! DUH! ROCK ON!

I read a lovely story not long ago where some Zep fans went on a tour and found John and Pat's house. She saw them on the grounds and they told her what fans they were of John. She was gracious, kind and open. She served them tea and chatted for a while before they went on their merry way.

I read a lovely story not long ago where some Zep fans went on a tour and found John and Pat's house. She saw them on the grounds and they told her what fans they were of John. She was gracious, kind and open. She served them tea and chatted for a while before they went on their merry way.

Yeah I heard this one too.

I also read a really nice story about someone who went to visit John's grave (after O2) and encountered Jason. There is certainly a warm and positive energy which surrounded/surrounds John Bonham, and his family.

Nice story...but not something that should be encouraged. (not saying you are Medhb, just in general)

Nice story...but not something that should be encouraged. (not saying you are Medhb, just in general)

Oh agreed! I wouldn't encourage anyone to be poking around her house, she deserves her privacy. I just thought it was so kind the way she treated the two guys.

And of course John's grave's location isn't public, as it should not be. Can you imagine it turned into the kinda place where Jim Morrison is buried? Though, it's too bad there isn't some type of memorial to him where fans could leave flowers, prayers, just sit and and let their thoughts be with him. I personally have a bit of an attachement to cemetaries. I find them peaceful and respectful. I like to go to very old cemetaries and just wander around. And when you see the grave of someone who touched your life....it's quite a meaningful, spiritual experience.

And of course John's grave's location isn't public, as it should not be. Can you imagine it turned into the kinda place where Jim Morrison is buried? Though, it's too bad there isn't some type of memorial to him where fans could leave flowers, prayers, just sit and and let their thoughts be with him.

There is. But unless you're near the Rushock Parish Church, Worcestershire you won't find it.

jhbgrave.jpg

There is. But unless you're near the Rushock Parish Church, Worcestershire you won't find it.

jhbgrave.jpg

Ahhh, thanks Dragon! I've seen several different pics of that stone before and always assumed it was his real grave. My fave is one with a big black dog walking by....

The headstone is a memorial. John wasn't laid to rest there.

Quite right.

As it were, Bonzo was cremated. The headstone is a place for folks to go and pay their respects.

Ahhh, thanks Dragon! Yup, that's the one! Kinda cool huh?

Yeah. I like that photo. Very cool.

Edited by DragonOfDarkness

Quite right.

As it were, Bonzo was cremated. The headstone is a place for folks to go and pay their respects.

Yeah. I like that photo. Very cool.

Oh! That's right! They spread his ashes didn't they? So there really is only one place to pay respect?

The headstone is a memorial. John wasn't laid to rest there.

Says who? His cremated remains were interred there. Has everyone failed to notice

his headstone leaves room enough for his wife and two children (one on each side) when the time comes. May his loved ones live to well over a hundred.

I can't say as his ashes were spread there. But like Mr. Jones has commented the ashes were interred there. Interment usually means burial.

I found an interesting read on this. How accurate it is I cannot say but an interesting read nonetheless. Written before the O2 Arena gig.

Rock genius Bonzo is never forgotten

A tiny churchyard in a quiet Worcestershire hamlet has become a place of pilgrimage for thousands of fans of one of the world's best known rock bands.

Almost every day fans of Led Zeppelin make the peaceful journey to the pristeen parish churchyard at Rushock where drummer John Bonham's ashes are scattered.

In the midst of all the graves Bonham's cannot be missed. There are drum sticks galore, a couple of small bottles of vodka, a tumbler, of what may have been whisky at one time, key rings, cigarette lighters, coins, CD cases and even dice. All significant symbols of Bonham's eventful life.

Today even more devotees of Bonham, regarded by many music aficionados as the greatest drummer of all time, will pay their respects on the 27th anniversary of his death.

John Bonham, known as Bonzo to friends and his millions of fans, was the archetypal rock genius. He pushed the art of drumming to new boundaries but he had a self-destruct button.

The years of rock and roll excess caught up with him on September 25 1980. He was found dead at the home of the band's guitarist Jimmy Page having choked on his vomit after a drinking binge - he was just 32.

Led Zeppelin had disbanded before the end of the year.

But now interest in the band has reached fever pitch with the announcement earlier this month that the three remaining members, plus Bonham's son Jason taking his father's place on drums, are to play a one-off tribute concert at the O2 Millennium Dome as a tribute to Ahmet Ertegun, who signed them to Atlantic Records.

The website for November's show has been inundated with fans desperate to see their heroes with millions hoping to be successful in the ballot for the 18,000 places in an unprecented clamour for tickets At Rushock's delightful 17th parish church, church warden Vicky Jennings says there has been a steady stream of visitors to the grave from all over the world as the years have gone by.

"America, Canada, all over Europe. They have come from everywhere to see the grave," she says. "It is no trouble to us. They are always respectful.

We see cars pull up all the time. I remember once we even had some Japanese who had come up from London in a taxi."

The visitor book in the church pays testimony to this. It has entrants from all over America, Canada, Japan, Germany, Slovakia, Poland, Denmark, Australia to name but a few.

Most poignantly there are also entrants from his family including widow Pat.

On the 25th anniversary of his death she wrote: I miss you more each day my love will never die. Your loving wife Pat."

Mrs Bonham still lives in the house in nearby Cutnall Green, where the Bonhams made their home in the 1970s, and occasionally can be seen paying quiet homage at her late husband's shrine.

"She is a lovely woman," says Mrs Jennings, "Very private and a good neighbour."

Mrs Jennings also has a high regard for Jason Bonham.

"He was at this house many times when he was very young. He is about the same age as my daughter Polly and used to come in for a cup of tea. A nice boy, but we haven't seen him for many years now."

And as for the man himself, although it is 27 years, Mrs Jennings remembers him well.

"He used to drink in the Chequers in Cutnall Green and my husband saw him many times in there. He would talk to the locals and was popular. It is a great pity he died so young."

Edited by DragonOfDarkness

I can't say as his ashes were spread there. But like Mr. Jones has commented the ashes were interred there. Interment usually means burial.

I found an interesting read on this. How accurate it is I cannot say but an interesting read nonetheless. Written before the O2 Arena gig.

Pass the tissues please....

Great post...it won't be long until that mourning day.

Says who? His cremated remains were interred there. Has everyone failed to notice

his headstone leaves room enough for his wife and two children (one on each side) when the time comes. May his loved ones live to well over a hundred.

Jason has a family of his own and Zoe hopefuly will have too by the time this needs to be dealt with. I very much doubt that the plot would be used for that purpose.

Also - Miss HD knows her stuff when it comes to the Bonhams.

Thanks for all of the responses to my initial posting....

I must admit, having visited John's grave several time, I'd be very very surprised if his ashes are actually intered there....The headstone really is just placed on top of the ground, with no logical place for the ashes to be put. Having seen numerous other places where ashes are intered (my own family members for example), John's headstone really is nothing like a conventional burial place for ashes.

Also, if they were just placed underneath the headstone, somebody,very sadly, would have them away as has happened to numerous other famous people. Personally, I don't believe that they are intered there.

As an aside, for those who haven't been there, the church and it's location are simply breathtaking....a truly fitting place for John to be remembered....You can get a feel for it by viewing some footage on youtube, but really, in reality it is much much nicer.

Peace and love to all...